PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible for an foreigner to visit a shooting range

iceman0085
01-06-10, 14:04
Hello everybody. I am planting to visit the unitited States in summer, Las Vega to be precisely and I wonder if is possible to for an foreigner to visit a shooting range. I would be pleased to test fire some weapons which ar not available legally here in austria.:p

Thx for your help in advance

Greetings from Austria.

Von Rheydt
01-06-10, 14:19
'Tag Iceman,

In my experience you may visit and shoot. Most ranges will charge you for renting the gun, the ammunition and also a range fee for the day. If you know someone with guns you may shoot them with no problems.

Same thing in German for the guy:

Dann schnell auf deutsch. Es ist ueberhaupt kein problem, in meine erfahrung darfst Du besuchen und schiessen. Die meisten schiessanlagen verlangen waffen miete, muni kosten und dann auch standmiete fuer den tag. Solltest Du jemanden kennen der waffen besitzt darfst Du die ohne probleme schiessen.

JSantoro
01-06-10, 14:35
Ranges in Las Vegas and Hawaii both are tourist Meccas; ranges there COUNT on foreign nationals wanting to shoot because they cannot do too much of it in their home countries, and advertise all sorts of shooting packages that span from reasonably priced to ridiculously overpriced.

Bottom line, you should have no problem being able to shoot range rental guns, unless the range you go to requires a safety test and you do not pass it.

PRGGodfather
01-06-10, 14:46
No problem, provided you meet minimum age requirements, and in most rentals, a second shooter is required.

iceman0085
01-06-10, 15:02
Thanks for the information. That's good news.

Rider79
01-06-10, 15:07
The Gun Store on Tropicana has package deals for tourists, and you don't need a second shooter. Its a pretty cheap cab ride from the strip. You can shoot all kinds of guns including machine guns.

Iraqgunz
01-06-10, 15:35
iceman,

Willkommen bei M4Carbine. Viel spass auf deinen Urlaub.

iceman0085
01-06-10, 16:30
Rider79 I see. Thx for your reccomodation.

@Iraqgunz Thanks.