PDA

View Full Version : Need help from a fellow Buckeye!!!

Buckeye0311
01-06-10, 21:10
I am looking into building an SBR for my next rifle, but am not sure on the process. Is there a Ohio resident who has done this? I am thinking about going the trust route, but a unsure of the cost and process that is associated with this. I have looked at the threads that discuss this topic, but I am looking for anyone with experiance in Ohio. Thanks for any information that can be provided.

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave_M
01-07-10, 00:45
I am looking into building an SBR for my next rifle, but am not sure on the process. Is there a Ohio resident who has done this? I am thinking about going the trust route, but a unsure of the cost and process that is associated with this. I have looked at the threads that discuss this topic, but I am looking for anyone with experiance in Ohio. Thanks for any information that can be provided.

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm an Ohio resident and I go exclusively through trusts (do you think anyone in Franklin county is gonna sign off on a Form 1 or 4? :p )

What county are you in?

Vash1023
01-07-10, 02:33
yes im also from ohio. always be happy to help

Buckeye0311
01-07-10, 16:23
I'm an Ohio resident and I go exclusively through trusts (do you think anyone in Franklin county is gonna sign off on a Form 1 or 4? :p )

What county are you in?

I live in Franklin county, and I assumed that it would be a PIA to get a signature from anyone in this county. Did you use a lawyer to set up the trust for you? If not what process did you use to get it done? If you do not mind me asking, is this trust just for firearms? Thanks.

Dave_M
01-07-10, 22:47
I live in Franklin county, and I assumed that it would be a PIA to get a signature from anyone in this county. Did you use a lawyer to set up the trust for you? If not what process did you use to get it done? If you do not mind me asking, is this trust just for firearms? Thanks.

PM sent

randrewhoffer
01-08-10, 09:56
I also live in franklin county and would be interested in info to do this?

C4IGrant
01-08-10, 11:19
You in luck! We are a C3 dealer and not too far from you.

Would strongly suggest buying a factory registered SBR on a trust. This way you do not have to have your lower engraved.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

C4

Buckeye0311
01-08-10, 11:28
You in luck! We are a C3 dealer and not too far from you.

Would strongly suggest buying a factory registered SBR on a trust. This way you do not have to have your lower engraved.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

C4

C4, thanks for the info. I will be contacting you soon about this topic. I was thinking about building a 12.5" upper with a Noveske barrel, but the price is a little high for a fomer grunt and soon to be med student, especially if I have to buy the upper all at once. What else should I be thinking about? Thanks in advance for all the info.

trappernana
01-08-10, 12:56
I'm In Geauga county, and was just yesterday talking with the guys at my local gun shop (Great Lakes Outdoor supply). They supply the local sheriff's with their needs.They have offered to put me in contact with the ATF agent that does all of their deals. Basically just for questions.I absolutely don't want to mis-quote anyone,but they made it sound as easy as filling out Form 1. After you purchase your lower. Buy that,Fill out Form 1 with lowers serial number, send form, wait..........,receive it back then purchase upper and desired barell length. Oh Ya on Form 1 you'll have to specify what barrel length. My suggestion would be 10.5, I think from there it's O.K. to put any longer barrel on If you decided too.My SBR will be in the distant future so if any thing I suggested is wrong, please let me know. Take cake of youself and all the loved ones around you. Oh Ya Grant is a wounderful man with a heart of gold (G&R Tactical):)