PDA

View Full Version : Enough shotguns shells?

FishingFool
01-07-10, 13:15
Deleted

Cold
01-07-10, 17:43
Just curious on how many shells everyone carries for their local 3 gun matches. Also what was the greatest number of shells you actually shot during a stage?

My 3 gun belt has 6 carrriers on it, 4 rounds per carrier, thats 24 total shells on me, spreading across my front between my holster and first handgun reload.

If you were looking at me, it would look like this

(left to right)

RH HandgunHolster [strippers 1-6] HandgunMag

Now, if a stage only requires say, 16 shells. I may only have half of the strippers loaded but at the same time, I would hate to get up there and run out of ammo, so I usually wear all my carriers loaded. Some people will add or subtract carriers depending on the stage, I usually just leave my belt as is and dont mess with it.

glockshooter
01-09-10, 05:31
There is no such thing as a usual in the world of 3gun. I have shot stages with only a couple of shells and I have shot a tac shotgun match that had 92 rounds without a miss. I finished second and it took me around 7 minutes to shoot. I normally have 8 in the tube, 10 on the gun, and 8 on my belt in caddies. I also use an arm band carrier with 8 rounds if there are a lot of targets. If I shot a recon or trooper class type match and I wear a vest I have 40 plus shells on it. So as I said there is no usual.

Chris Rhines
01-16-10, 10:59
Greatest number of shells in one stage would have been the 2008 MGM Ironman golf cart stage. I don't remember the exact round count, but I started the stage with nine rounds in my Benelli, 24 on my belt, and another 24 on my chest rig, and I didn't have many shells left at the end...

Unlike Cold, I only take enough shell carriers to the line to shoot the stage, plus a safety factor of around 20%. I like to keep my gear as stripped down as humanly possible.

-C