PDA

View Full Version : workouts

Kyle Defoor
01-07-10, 13:28
From the traffic I received for requests, I will begin to post some workouts this year on my blog. I'll try to do at least 4 a week.

Hopefully some guys will find them useful.

Thanks all.

Magsz
01-07-10, 14:45
Looking forward to reading the posts Kyle.

Thank you.

Bigboote
01-07-10, 14:48
Could you describe the atomic situp in your current blog workout? Is it like a V-up where you lay with arms/legs extended, and raise them until hands/feet touch? Or is it like knees-to-elbows, but your feet are off the floor (including when your feet are extended)?

Hopefully it's not the prank version! That'd be a lot of reps getting a leech's eye view of a chocolate starfish!

Kyle Defoor
01-07-10, 16:48
lay flat on back- pull legs toward chest while at the same time doing a sit up.

nickdrak
01-11-10, 02:29
Kyle & Gents,

I am out of shape. Not dramatically so, but I do need to get back into a fitness routine.

I am looking for a basic push-up, sit-up, pull-up routine to get me started off with. Let me know what you guys think is a moderate program in-terms of repetitions & sets for me to start out with. Thanks in advance!

Stay safe,
Nick

Kyle Defoor
01-11-10, 11:12
If you can find the info about preparing for BUD/s, it has an excellant schedule for strating out/over. It was developed in the 60's for fleet Navy people who get no time to prepare. It's actually pretty good.

Keep in mind the first week is always miserable in terms of soreness. You have to keep rockin' though.

The stuff I'm posting on my blog is made for about an hour- cardio, strength, endurance, and balance without being to time consuming or expensive. Today's is especially cool.

Hope that helps,
K

Blake
01-12-10, 08:24
here are a couple of routines. One I use is a crossfit workout, the other was a workout that was recommended.

Try these:

5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Sit-ups
20 Prisoner Squats

Do as many rounds as possible in the "x" minutes....I would start at 10 minutes, then move up to 15 minutes and then go for 20 minutes. If you need to rest, so be it, but the goal is to go all out for the duration and complete rounds.

Here is a good Push-up plan:
The goal is to get to 40 or 50 reps of each type of push-up....scale them at first if needed to finish the exercise.

25-30 Spider push-ups (feet and arms really wide)
25-30 "Diamond" push-ups (hands very close, and under sternum)
25-30 elevated push-ups (feet on a chair, hands just beyond shoulder width)
25-30 standard form push-ups (keep good form on the last set)

if you need you can limit the pushups to 20 per type, then go up from there. Keep rest to a minimum. Do push-ups rest if needed, do some more.

Bigboote
01-12-10, 10:10
nickdrak, the workout below (thrown into your fitness routine several times each month) might help improve your pull-up capability...

Each minute, do that many pull-ups. For example: on minute 1 you do 1 pull-up, on minute 2 you do 2 pull-ups, on minute 12 you do 12 pull-ups, etc. If you can't get the number of pull-ups done in that particular minute, you're finished. On your next workout, try to get a minute further. You can space out the pull-ups however you want inside that minute, so long as you get them done before that minute is over. Keep in mind it gets progressively harder: by minute 5 you've done 15 pull-ups, by minute 10 you've done 55 pull-ups, by minute 15 you've done 120 pull-ups, and so on.