PDA

View Full Version : colt 6920 cheapest?

memphisjim
01-07-10, 16:05
who has the cheapest colt 6920 online?
i have no military or law enforcement background so it must be a store that sells to civilians
thanks in advance!

tenpointer
01-07-10, 16:31
I have purchased two Colts, a 6920 and a 6940, both times their prices were just about as low as I could find shipped. I say just about because I believe Sturngewehr had a listing a little cheaper but I had never heard of them, so I stuck with Code 4, LLC. They cater to LE, but I am a civilian.

memphisjim
01-07-10, 17:31
a local dealer has one but it 1349 plus tax
i dont like trading with people who mark up like that

memphisjim
01-07-10, 17:34
code 4 looks good
i could get the 6940 for same price id pay for 6920
i want the 6920 however

tinman44
01-07-10, 19:30
https://policeguns.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=16_236&products_id=5635&osCsid=7djd8e0adhco8vfqbopdhh02e6

these guys usually have the best price, that said i havent researched for you so compare with this price.

ed_s
01-07-10, 19:48
Jensens in Loveland, CO did have some a while back. Can't recollect the price though.

RogerinTPA
01-07-10, 22:56
Impactguns has them on sale now for $1155.00

http://www.impactguns.com/store/COLT-LE6920BF.html

sundance435
01-07-10, 23:58
Bachman Pawn and Gun in TX advertises quite a bit in "Shotgun News" and their last ad had 6920's for $1099+shipping. I have dealt with them before and I have only positive things to say about them.

Crane
01-08-10, 10:05

That's a pretty good price for a local gun shop.

Tmac01baller
01-08-10, 12:12
I just bought mine from these guys for $1150: http://www.eastcountyguns.com/

They were really helpful and answered all questions I had as this was my first gun purchase. They were selling them on gunbroker for $1149 so if you mention their gunbroker price he will let it go for that price.

pm40
01-08-10, 16:14
I bought my last 6920 from Mark's Outdoor Sports for $995.00 back in mid November. Not sure if their still selling them at this price though. The 6920 sale wasnt listed on their web site though you'll have to call them. Ph.# 205-822-2010 www.marksoutdoorsports.com

gamo
01-08-10, 18:14
I might be thinking of the wrong place but a few months ago I think Clyde's Armory was selling them around $1000?

fdxpilot
01-08-10, 18:19
Surplusammo.com also has Colt 6920s for $1150. Haven't done business with them, so I can't say anything good or bad. Just noticed the rifle price while searching for stripped lowers.

https://surplusammo.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=410

matty
01-09-10, 08:03
Tanners Sports Center in Jamison PA has them for $1099 + $20 for shipping.

Gunbroker link:
http://v2.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=152705654

Jerod
01-09-10, 09:41
I bought 2 Del @ $1100 ea del 1 month ago . Late production with the small pins. Guy was off Buddy Hintons board . PM me and I will find the guys name if you are interested.

sundance435
01-09-10, 12:27
Tanners Sports Center in Jamison PA has them for $1099 + $20 for shipping.

Gunbroker link:
http://v2.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=152705654

Tanner's is GTG. They are an excellent family-owned business with great prices.

gamo
01-09-10, 14:36
Tanner's is GTG. They are an excellent family-owned business with great prices.

If it's the same Tanner's, I bought a NIB FNP9 for under $400 there when they first came out, great place.

TucDnls
01-09-10, 17:05
I just picked up a 6920 from Clyde Armory for $1129. Delivered in 3 days. Total was ~$1190 after shipping and cc fees. First order from them and I will say it was a good experience.

steveono
01-09-10, 18:44
I know where one is that has been fired 10 rounds. It is here in NC at a Pawn Shop and the guy told me he would take $750 for it. I can try to find the phone # for you if you want. I would have bought, just not a big Colt lover. You can get a Dbl Star new for $749 right now in several diff config. I do have a 6920, that I got about a year ago, but have yet to see anything special about it, and it doesnt shoot half as good as my RRA's. I think Colt would be way down on the list for the best AR. You can even buy the new Daniel Defense DDM4 for a grand, and it's loaded out with features. Well that's what I can buy one for but I have several good bbuds who have their 03's. I gave mine up a year ago, but still have my C&R. Too much red tape and paper work involved. If you want the best prices on any firearm just call Prices Creek General Store, and tell them Steve sent you. He always stocks at least 500+ long guns and at least that many hand guns, and can order anything you want, and will sale all at 10% above cost if you pay with cash. Just call him, hes usually there m-f 5:00am-11:00am then he just lets his staff run things. Heres his # 828-682- 2494 Just do like I said and tell him Steve sent you, or Harleys brother. ;)

sundance435
01-10-10, 13:56
I know where one is that has been fired 10 rounds. It is here in NC at a Pawn Shop and the guy told me he would take $750 for it. I can try to find the phone # for you if you want. I would have bought, just not a big Colt lover. You can get a Dbl Star new for $749 right now in several diff config. I do have a 6920, that I got about a year ago, but have yet to see anything special about it, and it doesnt shoot half as good as my RRA's. I think Colt would be way down on the list for the best AR.

Good God. Best of luck with your $750 Doublestar. I don't know of anyone who has actually used a rifle for anything other than range plinking that would say either A) that a Doublestar for the same price as a Colt is a better buy, or B) that Colt would be way down the list of quality manufacturers, especially when mentioned in the same breath as Doublestar.

steveono
01-10-10, 14:11
Explain to me the benefits of a Colt over any other AR brand (decent ones) What is the differences? They don't make their own LPK's, and most ones don't either. Tell me what the advantage of having a Colt other than resale? I have a 6920, and it sure wont shoot with my RRA's, Noveske's, LMT's, @ 100yds. Are they good? sure. But ask the DEA why, Colt didn't make the cut for their issued AR15's.

RogerinTPA
01-10-10, 18:06
Explain to me the benefits of a Colt over any other AR brand (decent ones) What is the differences? They don't make their own LPK's, and most ones don't either. Tell me what the advantage of having a Colt other than resale? I have a 6920, and it sure wont shoot with my RRA's, Noveske's, LMT's, @ 100yds. Are they good? sure. But ask the DEA why, Colt didn't make the cut for their issued AR15's.

This is getting old and becoming a reoccurring theme here. Please do us all a favor and read ALL of the tacked threads in the AR Technical forum and educate yourself. :rolleyes: https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4

The reason governmental agencies choose a lesser AR is due to money. They have a budget to live with, just like your local police department. They purchase like most people do, within their means and budget.

sundance435
01-10-10, 19:37

Do you actually read anything that's posted on here by people that actually use their guns? That's an honest question, because I don't know how you can say something like that if you answered "yes" to my question. Colt doesn't make all of the pieces in their LPK's, but they do make many of the parts.

Also, if you think the DEA ended up with RRA's because they are better guns, then you are in for a surprise. You apparently have never been involved in any government agency contracts, because it very rarely comes down to quality being the sole basis for a decision.

steveono
01-11-10, 20:21
Naaww Just Marine Corp, and now Black Water. But in the MC I was issued a Bushmaster, and Larue Tactical. I know pony riders love their gun and say it's the best, but I believe there are many, many,many better AR's out there. Does my Colts compare to my Les Bauer? Uhhm NO, not even close, accuracy, dependable, function, nothing. So what I'm hearing is that Colt is the best AR gun around? Well I'd be willing to put my $ where my mouth is on this one. Just make your pick. Accuracy? Torture Test? And I guess the DEA picks the 2nd or 3rd best gun in the test. Read up on the DEA's website, not on someones post. I have 137 different AR platform guns, and have reviewed many of them. Call POF and ask if their guns are any better than Colt. Just a band wagon guys. Yea I like the Yankees and have since age I played in little league, but I sure as heck won't put $ on them. If owning a Colt makes you feel special, by all means buy one. I have a few, therefore I can comment on any of the guns I own. Check out Shooting USA who had AR15.com do a poll, so check out the biggest AR forum on the net and see if Colt is the best AR made. Ill sale ya mine ftf for $1100. And even let ya shoot it along with my others as well, and we will post the results here? Deal? Or buy your Colt, we'll meet at Hickory Egg Shoot and see what happens. But yea all my lil ponies are for sale.

steveono
01-11-10, 20:27
BTW no one said anything about a difference about the Colts, vs other AR's. Come on guys not even the "Millspec stuff" smaller buffer tube etc. Where are they machined? 6061 or 7075. You would think the "best AR would be Bar Stock Billet, 7075. At least give me some diff. barrels? are they hand lapped? NOPE Want the best? bring your wallet. Also I know what cost is on a Colt 6920, and it's much cheaper than, Noveske, POF, SABRE, etc.

parishioner
01-11-10, 20:35
Please, don't do this.

steveono
01-11-10, 20:37
Your right man Guys just buy your Colts, and take pics of you holdin em, then put em back in the box. Yes they are the best, by all means, and that's all the "REAL" Agencies use. And there are too many differences to list.

sundance435
01-11-10, 21:00
Naaww Just Marine Corp, and now Black Water. But in the MC I was issued a Bushmaster, and Larue Tactical. I know pony riders love their gun and say it's the best, but I believe there are many, many,many better AR's out there. Does my Colts compare to my Les Bauer? Uhhm NO, not even close, accuracy, dependable, function, nothing. So what I'm hearing is that Colt is the best AR gun around? Well I'd be willing to put my $ where my mouth is on this one. Just make your pick. Accuracy? Torture Test? And I guess the DEA picks the 2nd or 3rd best gun in the test. Read up on the DEA's website, not on someones post. I have 137 different AR platform guns, and have reviewed many of them. Call POF and ask if their guns are any better than Colt. Just a band wagon guys. Yea I like the Yankees and have since age I played in little league, but I sure as heck won't put $ on them. If owning a Colt makes you feel special, by all means buy one. I have a few, therefore I can comment on any of the guns I own. Check out Shooting USA who had AR15.com do a poll, so check out the biggest AR forum on the net and see if Colt is the best AR made. Ill sale ya mine ftf for $1100. And even let ya shoot it along with my others as well, and we will post the results here? Deal? Or buy your Colt, we'll meet at Hickory Egg Shoot and see what happens. But yea all my lil ponies are for sale.

First of all, no Marine I have ever known would spell it "Corp" and not "Corps". Second, unless I'm way out of my lane here, when did the "Corps" ever issue Bushmaster or Larue Tactical M16A2 or M16A4 rifles. Next, you say you work for "Black Water"? I believe you mean either "Blackwater" or Xe, but again, I could be out of my lane.

I apologize for participating in the de-evolution of this thread, but when someone posts something like this, it gets under my skin.

peruna
01-11-10, 23:15
Naaww Just Marine Corp, and now Black Water.

I think you mean Marine Corps and Blackwater. :o

The Marine Corp sells boats down in Miami.........

vaglocker
01-12-10, 08:10
Does my Colts compare to my Les Bauer?

Grammar aside (Does?), do you mean Les Baer? If so, how is that backwards castle nut working out for you? Dude, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt with your Marine Corps and Blackwater claims, but a little voice in my head says that you may just be some teenager in living in your mom's basement.

peruna
01-12-10, 09:06
I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt with your Marine Corps and Blackwater claims, but a little voice in my head says that you may just be some teenager in living in your mom's basement.

You'd think a guy would at least know how to correctly write the name of his employer(s). ;)

01-12-10, 14:00
steveono- I'm calling shenanigans. Or, in other words, I think you're full of sh**. There are ways you can prove you were in the Corps and work for Xe. Just PM your name/info. to one of our mod's and I'm confident they can verify you are who you say.

If you are who you say, heck, you can be checked out and maybe become a Subject Matter Expert.

If it checks out, I'll apologize. Until then most of us will probably consider you a high school student that doesn't know anything.

C4IGrant
01-12-10, 15:31

Colt holds the TDP and has .Gov inspectors in their shop. The other ones are FN and SD. This make them as Mil-Spec as you can get (without enlisting).

The benefit of the Colt might not be there (depending on what you are looking for). For instance, if I only like mid-length gas systems, well them BCM would win out.

Colt makes all the key components in house. The other items are farmed out to their spec. When they come back, they perform QC on the parts and pieces. If they do not meet the TDP spec, then they are rejected.

The .Gov spec on MOA capability is 4MOA. If your Colt shoots under that, then there is nothing wrong with it.

The DEA chose RRA because THEY GAVE THEM THE GUNS FOR FREE.

C4

poak
01-12-10, 15:40
Naaww Just Marine Corp, and now Black Water.

In the words of Rep. Joe Wilson:
YOU LIE!

C4IGrant
01-12-10, 15:45
Naaww Just Marine Corp, and now Black Water. But in the MC I was issued a Bushmaster, and Larue Tactical.

Wait, stop the bus. Are are saying that the USMC issued you a BM M16? LT just recently started to make complete guns so I doubt you had one.

Will need some proof on the BM being issued.

I know pony riders love their gun and say it's the best, but I believe there are many, many,many better AR's out there. Does my Colts compare to my Les Bauer? Uhhm NO, not even close, accuracy, dependable, function, nothing.

It depends on what the definition of "best" means. Some value fit/finish. Others value reliability. On a fighting gun, "looks" matter not. Reliability is all that matters and then accuracy.

Nothing about the LB AR is mil-spec. They do not meet any of the standards. This would make them classifed as lessor quality than Colt 6920 (for instance). Now does your LB more accurate than your Colt? Don't doubt that. Put 10k worth of rounds via training classes through your LB AR and then get back to us on its "dependability."

So what I'm hearing is that Colt is the best AR gun around? Well I'd be willing to put my $ where my mouth is on this one. Just make your pick. Accuracy? Torture Test? And I guess the DEA picks the 2nd or 3rd best gun in the test. Read up on the DEA's website, not on someones post. I have 137 different AR platform guns, and have reviewed many of them.

If the defintion of the best gun means that it is Mil-Spec (follows the TDP), then yes, the Colt wins hands down. As stated in my other post, the DEA received the guns for free. Also talking with an armorer at RRA, they cherry picked the guns that went to the DEA (so that they would run). If I remember correctly, the DEA found out that the RRA guns don't all run as well as the ones tested and started to buy Colt's.

Please post a pic of your 137 AR's.

Call POF and ask if their guns are any better than Colt.

Every manufacturer (including Oly) is going to tell you that their AR's are the best. This is when independent testing and verification comes into play. Also understanding what the Govt spec calls out and why.

Just a band wagon guys. Yea I like the Yankees and have since age I played in little league, but I sure as heck won't put $ on them. If owning a Colt makes you feel special, by all means buy one. I have a few, therefore I can comment on any of the guns I own. Check out Shooting USA who had AR15.com do a poll, so check out the biggest AR forum on the net and see if Colt is the best AR made. Ill sale ya mine ftf for $1100. And even let ya shoot it along with my others as well, and we will post the results here? Deal? Or buy your Colt, we'll meet at Hickory Egg Shoot and see what happens. But yea all my lil ponies are for sale.

The majority of posters on BARFCOM don't know which end of the gun the bullet comes out. They tend to buy the cheapest AR they can. Instead of doing a poll on which AR is the most "popular" how bout running a poll on which of the user have run at a least 5K worth of ammo through their AR in a carbine school. This will tell you all you need to know.

C4

Nathan_Bell
01-12-10, 15:58

Little introduction into the pricing of Colt LE 6920 and 6940's. The folks who are burniing them out the door at the moment for about a grand, give or take, are LE distributors who also sell to the public.
A shop who purchased through a non-LE distributor probably paid damned close to what he is asking for that unit. Depending on when he ordered it he could be selling it at cost.

RogerinTPA
01-12-10, 16:35
Grammar aside (Does?), do you mean Les Baer? If so, how is that backwards castle nut working out for you? Dude, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt with your Marine Corps and Blackwater claims, but a little voice in my head says that you may just be some teenager in living in your mom's basement.

More like a wannabe poser and troll from BARFCOM.

parishioner
01-12-10, 16:50
I have 137 different AR platform guns...

This one is my favorite. Even if all 137 of your ARs were bottom of the barrel (which they are not as you claim you have noveskes, LMTs and RRAs), that is still well over $100,000 just in ARs.

Give us a break.

sundowner41
01-12-10, 16:56
You may want to try Jensen Arms. They always have them in stock.

parishioner
01-12-10, 17:04
In total I have 46 AR platform weapons, from 22rimfire, to 50BMG. I also hold the 300yd record, with an AR platform rifle. I have been a dealer since age 21, and been building, and manuf. since I was 23.

Get this guy out of here. This is his quote 7 days ago from this thread...http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=532949#post532949

I find it hard to believe he increased his number of AR platform weapons by 96 in 7 days. You can read the rest of his bull in that thread.

STAFF
01-13-10, 10:13
M4C values real data and first hand experience. steveono's comments appear to be out of line and over the top. We have contacted him to verify his statements about being in the Military, working at BW and owning over 100 AR-15's.