PDA

View Full Version : 50/50. Food for thought.

SW-Shooter
01-07-10, 18:56
In any fair relationship a balance of power is necessary. While there will always be some imbalance from time to time, we can rightfully say a successful one is almost always 50/50. To even assume the contrary suggests you are master and the other half is servant.

I believe for our country to be truly successful we must restore a balance, the House and the Senate by law should be 50/50 percent. That way the only chance you have in passing anything would be to work with each other on a level playing field.

While our country prospered in the past, we would certainly fail to progress as a society if we don't adapt and form a new age of America. Our political system is begging to evolve as we have become too corrupt of a society to follow the same path as our forefathers. They have given us the torch, now we must carry it with the dignity and respect it requires.

Our next President will have to be worthy, I doubt this country will elect just anyone the next time around. I hope and believe 2010 will be almost revolutionary, those that failed us will suffer the wrath.

Agree or Disagree, our present system is flawed. What is your opinion? How would you fix it?

Just an unsolicited opinion to start a healthy, respectful topic of conversation.

Business_Casual
01-07-10, 19:05
Remember in "Red Dawn" what they are playing over the loudspeakers at the detention camp in the old drive in theatre?

"America is a whorehouse where the revolutionary ideals of your forefathers have been corrupted."

That is the current state of play.

M_P