PDA

View Full Version : EGW billet upper

uranus
03-22-07, 22:09
EGW lists a machined, billet upper on its website.

Has anyone had experience with this upper?

I have had positive experiences with EGW 1911 parts, and George has done some very nice work on a couple of my pistols, but I have not used any EGW AR parts.

zen_grasshopper
03-22-07, 22:27
Standard forged upper, they probably get them from CMT or one of the other companies that finish machine the forgings. On the other hand it is EGW and they have some outstanding machining capabilities, so maybe they get the forgings and finish them in house.

No first hand experience, but I imagine that it is a quality product and if the price is right for you, I don't think that you can go wrong. Plus if the upper is messed up, then EGW will replace it as they have excellent customer service.

Jon

Bushytale
03-22-07, 23:14
Saw the EGW billet upper at Brownell's and then went to the EGW website. Not much information. I would also be interested to know more and especially if anyone has used one to build on. The pictures look like everyone elses forged flat top upper. Help please anyone!

Thanks, Billy :)

Lumpy196
03-23-07, 10:36
Its not billet. EGW stated to a customer on another forum sometime back that it was an error on their website and that it would be changed.

You could always call or write THEM for more information on the products they sell.

rubberneck
03-23-07, 11:21
Those uppers are not made in house. Knowing George as well as I do I would say that if he is selling them then they are as good as they get.

uranus
03-24-07, 00:20
You could always call or write THEM for more information on the products they sell.

That's a great idea. Obviously, it would have been better to ask the retailer about the product rather than inquire about any user experiences.

Very helpful. Thanks.

Austin_Nichols
03-30-07, 12:17
George says they are forgings and are not machined in-house. He also states they are not CMT or LMT.