PDA

View Full Version : I keep getting magazine subscriptions, how the $%#% stop this?

mr_smiles
01-08-10, 03:30
I know it's not gun related, but I'm getting 5-6 bills a day telling me I've been signed up for a magazine and I keep having to cancel, and now I'm getting physical magazines. How the F do I stop this?

And what kind of asshole sends people hundreds of magazines. Really that has to take some time to sign me up for all these damn magazines.

Thanks in advanced.

chadbag
01-08-10, 10:29
Just write back and tell the magazines (whatever address is on the bill) that you never signed up for these and if they don't want to waste their money to stop sending them to you.

rubberneck
01-08-10, 10:41
If they are sending magazines to you unsolicited than enjoy them and toss the bills. In my experience writing to them is only marginally more productive than beating your face against the wall.

landrvrnut22
01-08-10, 11:50
Agreed with the above, if you never ordered them, and never paid for them, you are getting unsolicited mail. You can do 2 things, report it to the USPS, or sit back and enjoy the free magazines.

However, if you start getting collection notices from them, beware.

My story:
I received a Weight Watchers book in the mail. I am 6'2, 160lbs. I don't need weight watchers. I tossed the whole mess in the trash. About 6 months later, I get some other book, again straight to the trash. The company kept sending me bills, and I just tossed them in the trash. A year later I get a collection notice. I filed complaints with the USPS, Ohio AG Consumer Affairs, and BBB. Come to find out, this company has done this to a bunch of people. The company tried to claim I paid for the first book, and that automatically "enrolled me". I got it resolved, demanded to be removed from their list for life. Never heard another word.