PDA

View Full Version : My build plans. any helpful hints ideas?

MOA
01-09-10, 00:39
Ok, I was going to just get a BMC upper and lower seperate and bolt em together, then my budget got cut, and I desided I wanted to do more than that. So here is my basic plan. Open to ideas and imput for better parts at a like cost. I want to keep this whole project to about $1200.
Spikes Tactical stripped lower $90
G&R lower parts kit with full kit, H2 buffer, 6 position M4 stock and MOE grip $163
Lower total $253
BMC 410 stainless 16" upper $529
BMC auto BCG and charging handle $145
Magpul BUIS rear $38

Now where im stuck is on the fore end and gas block. I like the looks of the longer block, and I like the idea of a flip up front sight just because hen I get optics I dont was to be looking at the front sight post. I don't have enough(as in any) experiance with the rails to know what I like. Who makes the best stuff. I'm thinking DD or Troy 12". which is easieast to mount and strongest?
If I change it to a assembled BCM 410 16" with a DD 9" omega im into it for $859 + $145 for the BCG so $1257 total. Not bad, but is there a better way? Parts I'm waisting on? I plan to use it for targets, classes, and HD. Nothing past $300. One thing I'm stuck on is accuracy. I come from F-class, service rifle, and that general side of things. I dont expect F-class accuracy, but is Garand accuracy to much to ask?

mattyuscg
01-09-10, 08:18
Moe, I would sugest a Colt match light weight upper they can be had for not a lot either a YHM gas block with fip up front sight would be good. Knight RIS rail or YHM are great forends.

Ok, I was going to just get a BMC upper and lower seperate and bolt em together, then my budget got cut, and I desided I wanted to do more than that. So here is my basic plan. Open to ideas and imput for better parts at a like cost. I want to keep this whole project to about $1200.
Spikes Tactical stripped lower $90
G&R lower parts kit with full kit, H2 buffer, 6 position M4 stock and MOE grip $163
Lower total $253
BMC 410 stainless 16" upper $529
BMC auto BCG and charging handle $145
Magpul BUIS rear $38

Now where im stuck is on the fore end and gas block. I like the looks of the longer block, and I like the idea of a flip up front sight just because hen I get optics I dont was to be looking at the front sight post. I don't have enough(as in any) experiance with the rails to know what I like. Who makes the best stuff. I'm thinking DD or Troy 12". which is easieast to mount and strongest?
If I change it to a assembled BCM 410 16" with a DD 9" omega im into it for $859 + $145 for the BCG so $1257 total. Not bad, but is there a better way? Parts I'm waisting on? I plan to use it for targets, classes, and HD. Nothing past $300. One thing I'm stuck on is accuracy. I come from F-class, service rifle, and that general side of things. I dont expect F-class accuracy, but is Garand accuracy to much to ask?

MOA
01-09-10, 12:04
The colts seem to be pretty costly on GB, and thats the only place I seem to be able to find em. Plus I would be paying for the forend which i'm going to pull and replace. I will keep my eyes open tho for a match upper on the cheap. also considering building a upper, but good barrels are costly.

mattyuscg
01-09-10, 20:37
All barrels are costly you can get a colt upper stripped from brownells for 85.00 they can get colt barrels. or check MAPARTSINC.COM they have uppers cheap go with chrome lined.

The colts seem to be pretty costly on GB, and thats the only place I seem to be able to find em. Plus I would be paying for the forend which i'm going to pull and replace. I will keep my eyes open tho for a match upper on the cheap. also considering building a upper, but good barrels are costly.

MOA
01-09-10, 22:32
After looking around I'm thinking that the BCM 16" 410 upper is the way to go, I just dont know what forend to run. I'm guessing the DD that comes on em is pretty solid, and after thinking about it a LOT I am going to run a 12" to cover the gas block so I will have to add a Magpul front sight to the list. I just don't want the sight in the picture when I finally add optics.

Edited to add: Thinking that the BMC upper with a Troy 12" rail for $240 would be good, and add the magpul sights for $93 gives me the whole upper for right around $1007. Plus the lower and I think I got a good system to build on.

MOA
01-21-10, 14:22
Also considering a LaRue 16" and a Centurion. I like the Centurion mid weight upper and I like the hammer forged barrel. They also mentioned on a recent post that these barrels are 1Moa with match ammo.