PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have 10-rd M&P9 magazines that I can borrow for a training class?

dookie1481
01-09-10, 15:58
I signed up for LAV's pistol class in Los Angeles that takes place next weekend. However, I can't use my 17-rd mags (I live in NV) and I just don't have the money to buy 5 new mags. I was supposed to get some money back from the Marine Corps in time for this class but it got delayed as is to be expected :mad:

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Thanks,

Jay

dookie1481
01-10-10, 20:49
to the top

Urabus23
01-10-10, 21:58
pm sent

pacrimguru
01-11-10, 12:35
you're in luck. i was enrolled to take this class but had to cancel due to a last minute business trip. i have 5 10-rd m&p 9 mags you can borrow for the class. a buddy of mine will be taking the class and can hand them over to you there.

dookie1481
01-11-10, 12:49
Thanks to pacrimguru!

I love gun people, you guys are so helpful and generous!

Jay

D.O.B.A
01-11-10, 14:50
........Class Act! Stepping up in true M4C fashion!! Actions like this just reinforces my thoughts that this forum is the best group of like-minded individuals on the whole internet!!:D

30 cal slut
01-11-10, 15:19
OP - I have three. If you still need to borrow a few more, let me know. (PM me).

-slut

glockshooter
01-11-10, 16:45
I may be wrong but I was operating under the belief that for a class or a competetion you could use and bring high cap mags. I am pretty sure that at major matches inside the state of California this is normal. I would love to have this verified either way.

Matt

Spiffums
01-11-10, 18:17
This board rocks!

Just wanted to say that.

9Y10C
01-12-10, 14:54
you're in luck. i was enrolled to take this class but had to cancel due to a last minute business trip. i have 5 10-rd m&p 9 mags you can borrow for the class. a buddy of mine will be taking the class and can hand them over to you there.

AWESOME!! You the man, bud....:D

brigus48
01-12-10, 16:57
I may be wrong but I was operating under the belief that for a class or a competetion you could use and bring high cap mags. I am pretty sure that at major matches inside the state of California this is normal. I would love to have this verified either way.

Matt

I was under the same impression.

m1match
01-12-10, 21:01
The CA Penal Code contains an exemption for persons coming into the state with "assault weapons" (as defined by the CA Penal Code) for purposes of attending competition events, but unfortunately it contains no exemption for bringing it "high capacity magazines" of greater than 10 round capacity. I'm glad pacrimguru came through for you Jay, and I look forward to meeting you as I'll be attending the class also.

Ted

dookie1481
01-12-10, 22:32
The CA Penal Code contains an exemption for persons coming into the state with "assault weapons" (as defined by the CA Penal Code) for purposes of attending competition events, but unfortunately it contains no exemption for bringing it "high capacity magazines" of greater than 10 round capacity. I'm glad pacrimguru came through for you Jay, and I look forward to meeting you as I'll be attending the class also.

Ted

Looking forward to meeting you also!

Jay

esskay
01-13-10, 14:26
Hey Jay,
Met up with Pacrimguru last night -- he should be on a plane now, but I've got the M&P mags in hand and will bring to the class. Please shoot me a PM when you have a chance.

Look forward to training with you guys.