PDA

View Full Version : FN FNC magazines

scottandt
03-23-07, 16:39
Does anyone know where FN FNC magazines can be purchased. They are as hard to find as the gun itself. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Lumpy196
03-23-07, 17:16
I havent seen them for sale since before the 1989 import ban. Is this for the purpose of collecting? Theres no reason not to just us G.I., HK or Magpul M16/AR15 mags in your FNC otherwise.

Bcm3087
03-23-07, 18:15
CMMG was selling some, IIRC.

www.cmmginc.com ...under FN parts.

scottandt
03-23-07, 19:44
OK to show my ignorance about this rifle, I thought that the FN FNC had magazines made especially for it, will they take standard AR-15/M-16 mags, if so that would be make life much easier not to mention cheaper. I bought one recently but have no yet received it so I am not very familiar with the rifle.

Thanks,

TOrrock
03-23-07, 19:48
OK to show my ignorance about this rifle, I thought that the FN FNC had magazines made especially for it, will they take standard AR-15/M-16 mags, if so that would be make life much easier not to mention cheaper. I bought one recently but have no yet received it so I am not very familiar with the rifle.

Thanks,

Yep, the only real difference between a FNC mag and a USGI M16 magazine are that the FN mags are steel and the followers won't hold the bolt open on a M16, but dimensionally they are the same.

You can use M16 mags in a FNC, no problem.

Did you pick up converted FNC?

You'll also want to get a couple of extra firing pins from DSA while you're at it, as they can/will occasionally break their pins.

scottandt
03-23-07, 20:09
Yep, the only real difference between a FNC mag and a USGI M16 magazine are that the FN mags are steel and the followers won't hold the bolt open on a M16, but dimensionally they are the same.

You can use M16 mags in a FNC, no problem.

Did you pick up converted FNC?

You'll also want to get a couple of extra firing pins from DSA while you're at it, as they can/will occasionally break their pins.

O.K. thanks for the heads up on that one, I did not realize that the gun would take AR mags, that information is much appreciated.

No it is not converted just a semi-auto version I found, always wanted one so I took the plunge. I have a couple of DSA FAL's so I figure it will look good with those. I will definately pick up some firing pins from DSA, thanks for the info on that also.