PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a surefire 6P, and switch?

Glockster35
03-23-07, 18:02
I have finally aquired a SureFire 6P light, and am hoping to find some answers.

Is there a replacement head unit for this light, to boost the power, and are there tape switches available for it?

I want an offset holder/mount also, who makes a good one for a decentt price?

R.D.
03-23-07, 22:48
Yes you can increase the output on your 6P. Surefire makes a lamp reflector assembly the P61(120 lumens for 20 min IIRC) that is a drop in replacement for the P60(60 lumens for 1 hour) that comes with the 6P. Wolf Eyes makes a 80 lumen replacement that I have not yet tried but have heard good things about.
There are tape switches available for it as well. The SF website WWW.surefire.com should have most of their options on the site.
As far as inexpensive offset light mounts go the Viking Tactics mount is hard to beat at around $20.
Also IMHO consider getting a shock isolated bezel if you are mounting it on a rifle.

SuicideHz
03-23-07, 23:37
I believe there are also cheaper generic type tape switches. Grant should sell them if they are what I think they are. The generic ones might just be for the G2 series though...

Viking Tactics light mount is nice if you aren't going to want to remove the light or mount often or ever at all. I'm not saying it's not nice. It is. Just not easy to remove as often as you may end up wanting to.

C4IGrant
03-24-07, 09:54
I have finally aquired a SureFire 6P light, and am hoping to find some answers.

Is there a replacement head unit for this light, to boost the power, and are there tape switches available for it?

I want an offset holder/mount also, who makes a good one for a decentt price?

Yes. SF makes a bulb called the P61. It puts out 120 lumens for 20 minutes. I also stock and an after market bulb that puts out 120 lumens for 40 minutes and it is only $12.95!

Quality tape switches are hard to find unless your going to spend some money. The Pentagon light switches are nice and of course the SF models are the best. Digilight makes a DECENT tape switch $20.

For mounts, the SF M79 is an excellent choice as is the VLTOR classic series mount.

If your going to weapon mount this light (which you are), get a SF Z32 Shock Isolated bezel. They are cheap and will save your bulb.

C4

Glockster35
03-24-07, 19:08
Several e-mails sent Grant!

Glockster35
03-30-07, 22:35
Grant, got the goods, thanks man!