PDA

View Full Version : Another LEO shot....

usaffarmer
01-09-10, 21:14
ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- An Anchorage police officer who was shot and seriously wounded while sitting in his patrol car early Saturday morning is now in stable condition.

Police spokesman Lt. Dave Parker says the officer was responding to an incident near 14th Avenue and Medfra Street around 2 a.m. and was parked when someone drove up to the side of the car and opened fire, hitting the officer in the torso and both arms.

Witnesses described the vehicle as a dark-colored early 1990s sedan, possibly a Chevrolet of some sort. The suspect vehicle left the scene southbound on Medfra, turning westbound on 15th.

Police did not immediately release the officer's name pending notification of his family, but expect to do so within the next day. Parker said that he was taken to a hospital and underwent surgery for several bullet wounds.

No arrest has been made, but Parker says the attack seems unrelated to the call for help that the officer was answering. Investigators are requesting anyone with information about this crime call Anchorage police at 786-8900 or CrimeStoppers at 561-STOP.
http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=11795103

Sad, to say the least. I hope they catch this son-of-a-bitch soon.
He was hit 6 times, in the arm, hand and abdominal area. Thankfully he will be "fine". My prayers to him and family, along with ALL the other Officers.

NinjaMedic
01-09-10, 21:38
I hope he has a speedy recovery and no longterm complications from this, upper torso from the side while seated is a scary injury. The bastards responsible better get ready for whats coming to them. AlaskaPopo or any other Arctic Circle LEO's have any more info?

It cant be long before we start seeing routine ballistic upgrades to at least the windshield, driver/passenger doors, and upper prisoner partition. Seems like we are seeing more and more of these incidents lately. With the introduction of purpose built vehicles like the Carbon Motors product if it ever makes it off the production line it would seem like a relatively inexpensive upgrade if part of the OEM assembly as opposed to aftermarket.

snafu
01-09-10, 21:42
Anchorage can be a scary place. Hope he has a full recovery.

usaffarmer
01-09-10, 21:57
He had surgery this morning and is in stable condition. I know him personally. Good guy.

As far as upgraded cars for officer saftey, APD doesnt have an academy on the books untill 2013, no funding. Or so says the Mayor of Anchorage. Heres a thought, take your own trash out at city hall, vacume your own floors. Oh ya parks and rec which gets ALOT of money, lets say that tree isnt really needed for the dog to poop on.

snafu
01-09-10, 22:18
Glad he is recovering. Wish I never left the Kenai

Oscar 319
01-09-10, 22:28
Glad he's ok.

I have 2 LEO funerals to attend next week. 1 for a K-9, 1 for a deputy, both shot and killed on duty last week.

The Sheep Dogs need to sharpen their teeth. The wolves are have been rabid lately.

woodandsteel
01-09-10, 23:00
He was hit 6 times, in the arm, hand and abdominal area. Thankfully he will be "fine". My prayers to him and family, along with ALL the other Officers.

I'm glad that he will survive to fight another day. I hope that he has a speedy and successful recovery.

Glad he's ok.

I have 2 LEO funerals to attend next week. 1 for a K-9, 1 for a deputy, both shot and killed on duty last week.

The Sheep Dogs need to sharpen their teeth. The wolves are have been rabid lately.

I've been noticing this also.

recently, it seems like there is a trend to attack law enforcement. Not only are we seing more ambushes like this, but I have noticed that assualts against officers have been on the increase as well. And many of those assaults have been particulary violent.

BTW, Oscar, I like your sigline. I wish there was someone currently who could speak as well as Col. Cooper.

Oscar 319
01-10-10, 00:02
BTW, Oscar, I like your sigline. I wish there was someone currently who could speak as well as Col. Cooper.

Yes, in this day and age, we sure could use more "Cooperisms".

Vash1023
01-10-10, 13:37
Glad he's ok.

unfortunately the wolves are multiplying and evolving faster than the sheep dogs...

Cascades236
01-10-10, 21:46
In the meantime were building more Parks and reducing cops. The wolfs want at all of us and groups like the 9th circuit court and dreamworld politicians want to make it easier for them to prey.

Should you ever find a jihadist trying to blow up your flight...have your Miranda card ready...

Stay sharp brothers..fort Hood, Seattle, Xmas flight......they're here

Shamdawg
01-11-10, 05:46
Stories like this remind me to spend more time on the range and at the gym/track. Stay Frosty.