PDA

View Full Version : Command Arms Accessories- out of business

Iraq Ninja
01-10-10, 14:59
Well, since nobody has posted it yet...

Military Times Gear Scout is reporting that CAA is currently liquidating their stock and thus going out of business.

I doubt many of us here will rush out and get one of those CAA folding hand guards before they are all gone.

VooDoo6Actual
01-10-10, 15:09
:D

message was to short so I added this.

Buck
01-10-10, 15:14
This is just a renaming... They will emerge as a new company, with new packaging, but the same products...

Just FYI

B

bkb0000
01-10-10, 15:15
being a businessman myself, i don't wish this fate on any fellow business owner... but man, their shit really sucked.

the world of aftermarket AR parts is now a cleaner, safer place than it was yesterday.

ETA:

This is just a renaming... They will emerge as a new company, with new packaging, but the same products...

Just FYI

B

pff.

MarshallDodge
01-10-10, 15:16
Hmm...they must have run out of mall ninjas.

I have never used any of their stuff but I always found it to be a little over the top.

Iraq Ninja
01-10-10, 15:36

Just FYI

B

Not sure if that will help them much, just like with Blackwater.

Cobra66
01-10-10, 15:41
Sweat! So does this mean my buttstock saddle that has been sitting in its bag for the past year is now a collectors item? :D

VooDoo6Actual
01-10-10, 16:02
Not sure if that will help them much, just like with Blackwater.

You are in good form today I see ! ;)

lawusmc0844
01-10-10, 16:23
I made the mistake of buying a CAA 1" light mount when I was in Kuwait before heading over into Iraq. It did its job as I had a very low speed job out there but it puts the light "out there", making it awkward to use. Of course this was before I knew any better about AR systems and accessories. I just recently sold that off Ebay. They sold plenty of CAA crap at the PXs too but at least I had my first exposure to Magpul awesomeness out there too.

I am glad to see Crap Arms Accessories go, hopefully Tapco and even A.R.M.S. is next!

kwelz
01-10-10, 16:55
being a businessman myself, i don't wish this fate on any fellow business owner... but man, their shit really sucked.

THIS!

theblackknight
01-10-10, 17:22
i have a single point sling from them, it never gets used anymore thanks to my MS2 but its kinda hard to mess up a single point.

Outlander Systems
01-10-10, 17:31
Well that sucks.

I don't know where I'm going to find any more buttstocks, grips, hardware, etc. to match my Batmobile and Cowl.

I'll probably hit up Morgan Freeman...

BiggLee71
01-10-10, 20:31

Just FYI

B

Lucky us!!! We can all breath a collective sigh of relief!!:p

kwelz
01-10-10, 20:33
Are they trying the Vulcan/Hesse approach?

SteyrAUG
01-10-10, 22:48
They actually made a pretty neat M3 light rail that attached to the AR15 bayo lug. Works great for SBRs when you don't want to make it front heavy with a rail simply to attach a light.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8936/p1003674kr1.jpg

Don Robison
01-10-10, 23:30
Can't say I'm going to miss them, but I did like their G27 grip.

chadbag
01-10-10, 23:33
Can't say I'm going to miss them, but I did like their G27 grip.

Don't worry, it will be back. (And if you have to have it the FAB grip is basically the same thing -- FAB used to build stuff for First Samco, before it was CAA, before splitting several years ago and has a lot of overlap in their traditional product lines -- or something like that)

chadbag
01-24-10, 00:11
Well, they had a booth (with their sister companies) at SHOT. Did not go ask about them. Much smaller than their previous years booths.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30474717&l=32570a2842&id=1408275395

kmrtnsn
01-24-10, 00:21
They have an ad in this week's Shotgun News with their new name.

chadbag
01-24-10, 00:36
They have an ad in this week's Shotgun News with their new name.

Which is?

kmrtnsn
01-24-10, 00:46
I knew you were going to make me go upstairs and get it!

EMA Tactical, "New company....smae great products" Booth 6509 at Shot 2010

www.ematactical.com

The ad is in the February 1, Issue, top of page 26.

Gramps
01-24-10, 00:47
Which is?

FUBAR?

chadbag
01-24-10, 00:48
I knew you were going to make me go upstairs and get it!

EMA Tactical, "New company....smae great products" Booth 6509 at Shot 2010

www.ematactical.com

The ad is in the February 1, Issue, top of page 26.

Interesting. I saw EMA Tactical but did not stop. Noticed they had the Ninja type stuff that reminded me of CAA or TDI or FAB/Mako stuff...

Thanks for expending the calories. Now I know where to go to get current MSRP for my left over CAA stuff I am trying to blow out...

Never Again.

kmrtnsn
01-24-10, 00:53
The only piece of gear of theirs that I find the slightest bit innovative and useful is their picatinny rail section that attaches to the bayonet mount, an ideal location for my M3 light, out of the way and easy to access.

Belmont31R
01-24-10, 00:56
http://ema.plutog.co.il/viewProduct.asp?ID=267&catID=376

Hmm... I wonder how many people are going to turn themselves into felons with this, and notice the T1 in their pics...lmao

bkb0000
01-24-10, 01:09

Hmm... I wonder how many people are going to turn themselves into felons with this, and notice the T1 in their pics...lmao

notice the complete and total lack of any NFA warning whatsoever, as well... marketing to ignorance, i guess.

chadbag
01-24-10, 01:09

With Magnifier!

chadbag
02-05-10, 22:08
Looks like they may be resurrecting themselves as First Samco again

http://www.firstsamco.com/

Noticed this on TOS as a new banner and FSI logo.

Command Arms came out of the old First Samco several years ago.

Chooie
02-05-10, 22:21
They actually do have an NFA warning... but I'd rather have a Magpul FPG.

From http://ema.plutog.co.il/viewProduct.asp?ID=267&catID=376 on the details tab:

NOTE: Supply from January 2010.
Due to the huge demand, we are running a "waiting list". If you wish to insure yourself a spot - order now.

The #RONI (pat-pending) provides you a better grip, stability & platform to many accessories. Now you can use your pistol for a greater range, faster aiming, better accuracy.

* No pistol disassembly required - just "drop" it into the shell.
* It is mandatory that the pistol has the integrated below rail.
* 24cm upper flattop rail - allows combinations of sight, magnifier or night vision.
* Three Picatinny rails for additional accessories.
* Optional to add flip-up Backup sights (#FRS / #FRS).
* Accepts silencers - up to 35.5mm diameter.
* Optional to add quick release brass-catcher.
Including Detachable folding forearm grip.

NFA Warning

This product is regulated by NFA rules. Transfer of this product is regulated by NFA rules.
This product converts a pistol into a short barreled rifle (SBR). SBR are regulated under the laws of the National Firearms Act of 1934 (NFA). It is illegal to possess this product unless it is registered with Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives BATF&E (Form 1) or you are a Class 3 Dealer. It is illegal to transfer this product to anyone before they have registered this product with BATF&E.
Eligibility
For Glock: 17,18,19,21,22,31,32

Material
Made Of Alum+Poly

Measurements
Weight (gr) 33.510
Rails
Total 4