PDA

View Full Version : Pressure switch for G2LED?

mhanna91
01-10-10, 16:25
Who makes a good pressure swich for the Surefire G2? And because I am new to this, how do the switches attatch to the weapon? Adheasive strip or something?

Thanks!
Mark

mhanna91
01-11-10, 11:07
Nobody knows who makes a quality pressure switch? I am thinking of mounting it on the front of the mag well because that us a comfortable position for me to have my support hand. Any thoughts on this?

camoman
03-11-10, 10:42
All you would have to do is google it, If there is one out there Im sure you can find it. Or you could just build your own (I did and it took about 2 hours). Can you get replacement tail caps for it? If you can, and you are not comfortable with making your own, you could order a pressure switch and wire it into the tail cap. This procedure sound a-lot more intimidating than it actually is. The tail cap switch is nothing more than a ground to the body of the flashlight (when you turn it on it completes the the circuit) If you buy a pressure switch (it does not matter what kind they all basically work the same) you will need to strip the wires on the tail cap side to expose two wires, you will also have to gut the Sure fire tail cap (keep the main spring to reuse) You will need a soldering gun, a hot glue gun, and some high quality epoxy. First of all you need to solder one of the wires (does not matter which one) to the spring that makes contact with the battery. Second and most challenging part of the whole ordeal you have to solder or attach the other wire to the body of the flashlight (when I built mine I just attached it on the outside with a machine screw through the hole on the tail cap that is used for a nylon strap. Now that you have all the wiring done it is time to mount it. Position the spring as close to the factory location as possible and tack it in place with hot glue. After that dries, fill the void with epoxy. Now seal the outside with epoxy. Let it dry and your done. I know it isn't the prettiest thing, but it is solid and it works.

camoman
03-11-10, 12:13
You can attach it with Velcro.