PDA

View Full Version : West Point cannons

Robb Jensen
03-24-07, 11:26
I saw these pics posted on the www.brianenos.com/forums

They shoot these on July 4th with the 1812 Overture playing. That must be a cool sight to see and hear.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/westpoint.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/westpoint2.jpg

kbi
03-24-07, 12:10
Thats a sight to see

graffex
03-24-07, 13:16
Them things must make one hell of a boom.

rayray
03-26-07, 01:00
I saw a Demo of many types of Artillary while I was at FT. Sill. Thanx for the Photos, there great.:)

Jester
03-26-07, 05:31
They are impressive, but 155's are even more so.

trio
03-28-07, 23:30
its actually very cool..

they do a lot of neat things there at Trophy Point during the summer...but really if you can ever get there for a full Brigade pass and review its worth it....

It sucked for us...especially when I was in Company I-4....4th Regiment, 3rd Battalion, India Company...the last of the last of the last...the old I-Beam...holding up the Corps of Cadets....when the A-1 left-shouldered arms and went a-marching off we stood at attention for well over a half an hour more before we ever thought about moving....the old joke for us was A-1 was on leave and we were still on the parade field....with downsizing I-4 went away...I dont know if they have re-expanded the Corps though with the War on Terror and brought I-Beam back...I hope they have...we had a great tradition...but it is a sight to see 4000 cadets, in full dress uniform, pass and review....i remember seeing it as a kid...and i remember how proud (and nervous) i was the first time I did it

At any rate...if you want to hear something REALLY cool go to a home football game...

Most teams like Texas A&M etc have their little cannon in the stadium for when they score...not at Army....

We had an entire BATTERY of howitzers across from the stadium near Lusk reservoir for when the Army team scored...they run a run and shoot style offense too, so that could be more often now a days...:D