PDA

View Full Version : Who has the pencils?

Armati
01-11-10, 14:49
Ok, so who has pencil bbls these days? If nobody has pencils, who has good USGI M4 contour bbls?

Biggy
01-11-10, 18:15
I think BCM has some comming out this next year and I suspect that at the SHOT Show we may find out there will be others also. I sure would like to see Noveske , Daniel Defense or BCM do a .625" profile (CHF) 16"middy, a 14.7" middy and a 14.5" carbine gas barrel. Yeah the weight savings over the current M4 profile barrel isn't much, but the next time you get a chance to handle a Colt SP1, pick one up. You might think to yourself like I did recently " this feels pretty dam good and it even has a 20" barrel). They had it (.625" profile) right all the way back then IMHO. I think the SCAR and the KAC rifles also use lighter barrel profiles thanj the current M4 barrel.

HeavyDuty
01-11-10, 20:10
I'm a serious fan of pencil barrels. Sadly, everything I've read about the upcoming BCM lightweights says they're going to do .750 under the FSB. That's a real turn-off to what's otherwise going to be a killer barrel.

Biggy
01-12-10, 10:23
You could always send it to ADCO to get that done and then get it reparked , not the cheapest route to go though.

Armati
01-12-10, 11:04
I'll take the .750 under the FSB if I can get it. The problem is that nobody seems to have them right now.

REdTula
01-12-10, 15:24
Bushmaster makes their "Superlight" w/ the pencil barrel. I have one set up for varmint hunting. I couldn't decide if you were looking for the entire gun or just the barrel.

"16” Superlight Slim Profile Barrel is Chrome lined in both Bore
and Chamber for excellent accuracy and long life. Dimensions are .670“ to .565” diameter under the sight base, and .570” diameter out to the muzzle. The ChromeMoly Steel Barrel, and other exposed steel parts of the weapon are Manganese Phosphate finished to insure protection against corrosion or rust."

http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_xm15_BCWA3F16SL.asp

9DivDoc
01-12-10, 23:57
I'm a serious fan of pencil barrels. Sadly, everything I've read about the upcoming BCM lightweights says they're going to do .750 under the FSB. That's a real turn-off to what's otherwise going to be a killer barrel.

Where did you get your other "pencil" barrels?

HeavyDuty
01-13-10, 07:39
Where did you get your other "pencil" barrels?

I have one true pencil at the moment, a Bushmaster Superlight. I wish I could clone it in a top quality 1/7 with an "F" FSB.