PDA

View Full Version : M&P 15 stock

Trident88
01-11-10, 20:25
So, I purchased an M&P 15 rifle several months ago in New York where the stocks collapsable capability is disabled. I was looking to get a new one to put on that will collapse all six positions. Is this necessarily a bad idea? If not, where is a good place to get the best quality for the smallest amount of money. Not looking for anything overly expensive considering I'm saving for a new rifle.

shittercrewchief
01-11-10, 20:43
How such is the capability disabled? I have a brand new S&W stock removed that i d give you if all you need is the stock itself.

Trident88
01-11-10, 21:20
Well I'm not sure if its just the stock itself or the buffer tube as well. I haven't really looked at it completely and tried to take it apart. New York law says that you have to have a fixed stock so it is completely disabled when you buy it. It is stuck in one position and cannot be moved at all. Maybe around the 3rd or 4th position.

andy t
01-11-10, 21:29
If you are in NY while doing that, it is a VERY BAD idea as you will be in violation of their state AWB. I don't know how S&W pins the stock. It's possible you could reverse it, or you can just get a new receiver extension. However, once again, in NY there is a state AWB, so making the stock collapsible is a bad idea.

shittercrewchief
01-12-10, 19:07
NVM dont wanna break any laws.

Rottman
01-30-10, 14:47
I just purchased a used MP15T. However the stock seens loose or has a lot of play or movement on the buffer tube. I was thinking about replacing it with a complete set up, but then again I thought about just getting a new stock like the MOE Magpul. My question is this. Is the stock buffer tube commercial or milspec? I what to get the right size so that I don't have this problem. Thanks, Mike

GLOCKMASTER
01-30-10, 16:05
I just purchased a used MP15T. However the stock seens loose or has a lot of play or movement on the buffer tube. I was thinking about replacing it with a complete set up, but then again I thought about just getting a new stock like the MOE Magpul. My question is this. Is the stock buffer tube commercial or milspec? I what to get the right size so that I don't have this problem. Thanks, Mike

Mil-Spec

Ash Hess
01-30-10, 16:37
Not sure of the Spec's for rifle length buffer system, but the tube on my MP15 ORC(ompilant) I have right here is 4 or so inches longer than the tube for the collapsible stock sitting right beside it. interesting it "Looks" collapsible. I underestimated SW sneakiness

Irish
01-30-10, 16:52
New York law says that you have to have a fixed stock so it is completely disabled when you buy it. It is stuck in one position and cannot be moved at all. Maybe around the 3rd or 4th position.

Don't come on here asking people to help you break gun laws. I don't agree with the law but this is pure stupidity.

Trident88
01-30-10, 17:16
Don't come on here asking people to help you break gun laws. I don't agree with the law but this is pure stupidity.

I didn't know that when I first posted this. After several posts I had been back to the store where one person originally told me that "its just the way they are sold, just get a new one." I then went back later and the manager told me that it was New York law hence the reason I stopped asking.

Ash Hess
01-30-10, 17:40
You can have Grant at G and R or one of the other places make you a compliant stock. you have to buy the tube and stock, choose position and they will pin it. That is the legal way. Choose wisely on setting.