PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer Complete Disassembly

CHGO5OH
01-11-10, 23:02
I have some DAO and DAK Sig pistols that I want to completely take apart. I want to do a thorough cleaning on them. Can anyone guide me to a link? I'm not looking for a field striping link.

Thanks!

ToddG
01-11-10, 23:07
I would recommend this (http://www.sigsaueracademy.com/Courses/ShowCourseDetails.aspx?cid=18&ccid=10).

CHGO5OH
01-11-10, 23:20
I would recommend this (http://www.sigsaueracademy.com/Courses/ShowCourseDetails.aspx?cid=18&ccid=10).

I"m taking the Glock course next month and the XD course in march. I'm running out of money :(. I have taken the Sigs apart, but not all the way. Knock on wood (Knocking), no problems yet. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and I'm known for taken stuff apart and putting it back together. I get what you mean though.

woodandsteel
01-11-10, 23:57
I"m taking the Glock course next month and the XD course in march. I'm running out of money :(. I have taken the Sigs apart, but not all the way. Knock on wood (Knocking), no problems yet. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and I'm known for taken stuff apart and putting it back together. I get what you mean though.

If you have the XD already, sell it to finance the Sig course.

CHGO5OH
01-12-10, 00:20
If you have the XD already, sell it to finance the Sig course.

My duty weapon is a DAO which I hate, wish they had the DAK when I got on. I'm a fan of the .45 and one of them is a DAK/collectable and the other is a DAO. I can't buy a DAK weapon and register to carry it because the dept switched over to striker fire pistols (Glock, XD and S&W). Soooooo, the pistols u had prior to 31DEC09 are basically grandfathered in. I can only carry those sigs on duty, so I went with the XD. Mainly because the way it felt in my hand and to me that's important.

badcatbigbat
01-12-10, 00:30
Look for "Todd McKechnie Customized Creationz P228 Disassembly 3 09" on youtube. Be very mindful, because there are a lot of pieces. Take the class to be safe, IMHO.

Quib
01-12-10, 01:14
Would a copy of this suffice?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2708/4268504010_9100caf9fb_o.jpg

gtmtnbiker98
01-12-10, 07:06
Go to www.topgunsupply.com and or Chris Orndorff's Armorer's DVD. Money well spent and is a lot better than anything Sig puts out in regards to video manuals.

CHGO5OH
01-13-10, 23:18
Would a copy of this suffice?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2708/4268504010_9100caf9fb_o.jpg

I think I looked at that one. I found a site that u just donate money for what he has. If it's the same site that u found that at, then it will not work for me. I have always been more of a visual person than a reader.

JPB
01-14-10, 00:02
Dude, you don't need an course on the Glock. They are super easy to tear down. Cancel the Glock course and put the funds towards the Sig course.

CHGO5OH
01-14-10, 00:24
Dude, you don't need an course on the Glock. They are super easy to tear down. Cancel the Glock course and put the funds towards the Sig course.

Working on being an instructor at the academy, so it's something that will look good. I do agree with you on it being super easy. The sig course will happen, hopefully this year.

Quib
01-14-10, 05:39
I think I looked at that one. I found a site that u just donate money for what he has. If it's the same site that u found that at, then it will not work for me. I have always been more of a visual person than a reader.

I apologize, I thought you were looking for a manual which gives detailed instructions covering the complete disassembly of SIG pistols.

I was emailed this manual by an armorer a few years ago, when I inquired about swapping out my P225’s trigger.

I thought I’d save you a few bucks, and make the offer to pass it on to you.

SIG-SAUER AUTO-LOADING PISTOL; INSTRUCTIONS FOR ARMOURER'S

Written by SIG-Sauer. Complete manual on the SIG pistols describing total disassembly of the pistol, cleaning, troubleshooting and reassembly of this fine pistol. Information contained herein is applicable to all members of the SIG family, I.E. P220, P226, P228, P229 & P230. Better than any owner's manual.

8.5x11, 53pp, illustrated Order #BK-213 . . . . $9.95

signal4l
01-14-10, 08:26
Go to www.topgunsupply.com and or Chris Orndorff's Armorer's DVD. Money well spent and is a lot better than anything Sig puts out in regards to video manuals.

This is a good DVD. I recommend it also

ToddG
01-14-10, 08:58
I'd recommend the Chris Orndorff Armorer's DVD, as well. Chris is a great guy and a genuine expert when it comes to working on SIG pistols.

CHGO5OH
01-14-10, 12:57
I apologize, I thought you were looking for a manual which gives detailed instructions covering the complete disassembly of SIG pistols.

I was emailed this manual by an armorer a few years ago, when I inquired about swapping out my P225’s trigger.

I thought I’d save you a few bucks, and make the offer to pass it on to you.

Like I said, Dont know if its the same one I saw. I was not able to look through what you posted. I would be more than happy to look at. I do appreciate your help.

Anjin-san
01-15-10, 00:05
Chris's DVD is worth every penny. Also check out...

http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/ShowCategory.aspx?categoryid=96