PDA

View Full Version : bcm stripped barrels

eckom4-36
01-12-10, 16:44
hey guys. im a new guy to the form. im building my first ar and have a question on the bcm stripped 16'' barrels. this is deff and newbie question but as the barrel being stripped what do i need to install the barrel? i have the delta ring kit. is the barrel nut and the m4 feed ramp welded on or do they just slip over? sorry again for the newbie post but i want to do this right the first time. thanks for any info guys. thanks for any help

jkingrph
01-13-10, 17:26
No need to worry about ramps, they are little grooves cut into the barrel extenison and upper receiver. You have the complete delta ring, and barrel nut, so you are ready to go. With the proper tools, wrench for barrel nut, and upper receiver block you should not need anything else. Just be sure to grease the barrel nut threads and receiver threads with a moly grease, tightnen and loosen the barrel nut, they say at least three times to a minimum of 30 ft lbs( need a torque wrench) then tighten to align gas tube hole in receiver to next slot on barrel nut.

sewvacman
01-13-10, 21:27
You'll also need a gas block or FSB of some sort. Go with steel as aluminum will rust and gets super hot fast. A gas tube as well. Check in the general and techinical forums for the how to and tools needed threads. That and go to brownell's website. They have videos and parts breakdowns that will get you through.

eckom4-36
01-14-10, 00:11
thanks for the info guys. well i have a few how to books and im working on getting the tools ill need. if it helps im thinking about a midwest middy hand guard or a surefire m85 middy rail and gas tube. i was thinking a gas block with the rail but would a larue lo pro be the right way to go? also what about the hand gard cap?oh and im using a rock river a4 upper. thanks again for the info