PDA

View Full Version : NEW Magpul Dynamics handgun DVD

SIMPLYDYNAMIC
01-12-10, 22:36
This is an announcement not an add but since everyone will ask Pre-orders sometime this week at Magpul.com, I hear Shipping will be on Feb 1st.

Art of the Dynamics Handgun DVD Youtube Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTr8xvkUWp4
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm118/magpuldynamics08/AOTDHart.jpg

N2CH_556
01-12-10, 22:40
Ooh, dang! Looks good. :D

CaptainDooley
01-12-10, 23:33
I always thought carbine courses were the "sexy" courses... but damn if you guys don't make me want to focus on the one tool I carry every day! Sign me up!

S391
01-13-10, 00:10
Dang it.... now I have another DVD that I HAVE to buy! ;)

Perhaps I missed it but what will this set cost?

jsebens
01-13-10, 00:22
The picture above shows $49.95.

Shadow1198
01-13-10, 00:59
All I want to know is when Magpul will be getting their own TV station! ;)

jdavis6576
01-13-10, 05:09
First 30 responses get a free one for T&E? :)

If so, I'm in!

citizensoldier16
01-13-10, 05:53
First 30 responses get a free one for T&E? :)

If so, I'm in!

Ditto!

NotDylan
01-13-10, 06:04
I was hoping you guys would do this one. It'll have to do until I can attend one of the classes.

rjacobs
01-13-10, 09:35
Definitely gonna pick this up.

UDT
01-13-10, 09:39
Thanks, for the update. Looks good.

DragonDoc
01-13-10, 12:44
I might have to get a set. I'll right it off as a training expense.

S391
01-13-10, 12:49
The picture above shows $49.95.

Wow, I read the thing several times but I missed the little flag... sorry and thank you for the follow up.

jsebens
01-13-10, 16:49
No sweat, man. We've all missed things before.

Steve
01-13-10, 23:49
All I want to know is when Magpul will be getting their own TV station! ;)

Boy wouldnt that be sweet,

Magul presents Dynamic tv........

Animal_Mother556
01-17-10, 20:01
Looks like it will be sweet. I will have to try to get some of the other LE guys around here to watch or buy it. Most of them aren't very open minded though. If they didnt learn it at the IA Law Enforcement Academy it must be wrong.

snappy
01-20-10, 07:53
Likely another fine training resource from MD. You guys are doing good work! Thanks for the tools.

SIGguy229
01-20-10, 16:30
I'm headed to Germany for a 3-year tour...thus, no shooting for a while....this will have to tide me over, unless I talk the SFS guys into letting me shoot their stuff....

GermanSynergy
01-30-10, 18:39
Awesome!

Urabus23
02-01-10, 23:52
DVD available for purchase in the store:eek:

Oscar 319
02-02-10, 14:39
DVD available for purchase in the store:eek:

1 DYN004 Magpul DynamicsSM The Art of the Dynamic Handgun, 4-Disc DVD Set PREORDER SHIPPING BY FRIDAY 02/05/10 $49.95

Subtotal: $49.95
Shipping Rate: $8.99
Total: $58.94

I won't be standing in line waiting for the release of Avitar....

wes007
02-02-10, 17:29
1 DYN004 Magpul DynamicsSM The Art of the Dynamic Handgun, 4-Disc DVD Set PREORDER SHIPPING BY FRIDAY 02/05/10 $49.95

Subtotal: $49.95
Shipping Rate: $8.99
Total: $58.94

I won't be standing in line waiting for the release of Avitar....

Yikes!

jaydoc1
02-07-10, 21:38
I don't know if anyone else has made it through their 4 disc set yet but it is exceptional. Another home run from Magpul Dynamics. Again excellent production value, excellent instruction, excellent all around training aid.

Money very well spent.

Thanks Magpul Dynamics.

GermanSynergy
02-08-10, 14:43
Can't wait to get my copy in! :)

oef24
02-09-10, 19:52
I arrived at the house today and the postman left me a little package. I received my Dynamic Handgun DVD's and I am watching it right now. So far, AMAZING!

c0b2a
02-10-10, 09:49
craptastic

UDT
02-10-10, 16:52
Just finished the first disk. Very good and a excellent all around training aid IMO.

bryant29063
02-11-10, 19:05
great DVD...

Anyone know what brand of kydex holster/mag pouches that the guys have?

Oscar 319
02-11-10, 19:12
great DVD...

Anyone know what brand of kydex holster/mag pouches that the guys have?

http://www.ravenconcealment.com/products/holsters.html

bryant29063
02-11-10, 19:16
thanks!

BushmasterFanBoy
02-12-10, 19:57
Got through disc 2 today, and WOW. The mindset lecture is an awesome tool, and Travis's story is amazing. It really drives the point home, and just like he said, the more that the guys who have been there done that share their experiences (much like RetreatHell, Blitz308, and others) the more the community can learn. Hearing the class drills is one thing, but those visceral examples really drive the lesson home. It sounded incredibly scary just hearing it, and I'd like to thank Travis for being willing to put it in the open like he did so we can all learn those important lessons.

Those of us who haven't been in those situations really don't have as much of a concrete way of applying our lessons from drills/classes, but hearing those examples of why you scan your surroundings, why you focus on certain actions, etc. is very important to us, because it emphasizes the real world consequences of what we're doing at the range.

Bottom line: this DVD is amazing. I haven't even touched the sections on CCW and gear, and I already feel its worth every penny. If you thought the last two sets were high-quality, it only gets better with the Dynamic Handgun set.

G34Shooter
02-12-10, 20:03
Just got mine an hour ago, going to watch it this weekend :D

GermanSynergy
02-18-10, 12:14
I just finished this DVD series. One word- AWESOME! I recommend this DVD set to anyone that owns or carries a handgun. Simply a must see.:cool:

13F3OL7
02-18-10, 20:16
Just received mine a few days ago. I'm going to have to watch it a few times to soak up as much as I can. Maybe I can convince the wife to watch as well.

Buckeye0311
02-19-10, 08:59
I just wanted to add my 2 pennies. This is my second Magpul Dynamics DVD that I have purchased, Carbine 1 is the other, and both DVDs have been fantastic. For a guy that is trying to get into medical school, and there for having no money or time to take a class, these DVDs are a fantastic tool to further my knowledge of the carbine and fighting handgun. I want to thank Chris and Travis for there work and dedication to excelence; you both are doing a great service to your community. Lastly, as a former Marine I wish that I had this knowledge when I was going down range. The skills that are covered in these DVDs are life saving and the men and women in uniform need them. I hope that because of companies like Magpul Dynamics their eyes are being opened to how much can be learned.

macman37
02-20-10, 08:21
Great stuff, presented well... :)

Shadow1198
02-21-10, 00:56
Received my copy earlier this week. I've already watched it 1.5 times. ;) Huge thanks to the Magpul crew and everyone involved for providing such a high quality training resource like this.

Travis, I cannot thank you enough for having the courage to put one of your experiences out there on film for others to learn from. I'm sure it was a bit tough to do. I am truly humbled and thank you for doing what you do to enrich our community. I think I speak for everyone here when I say we are all much better sheepdogs because of it. That short 10 or so minute reality check alone is worth the price.

Oscar 319
02-21-10, 06:08
Travis, I cannot thank you enough for having the courage to put one of your experiences out there on film for others to learn from. I'm sure it was a bit tough to do. I am truly humbled and thank you for doing what you do to enrich our community. I think I speak for everyone here when I say we are all much better sheepdogs because of it. That short 10 or so minute reality check alone is worth the price.

Agreed. That was fantastic. Very well done.

ducati
02-22-10, 15:57
I received my copy today. I just finished the 1st disc, and I am very happy. If I don't watch the other 3, I would say my money was well spent. Don't worry I will be watching the other 3.

till44
02-24-10, 16:32
My wife was really touched and thankful for Travis' story. She mentioned how in debt we all our to those that serve both here and over seas. Great DVD, these should hold me over until I can get back to a class. I plan on running through the drill this weekend. Worth every penny.

YVK
02-24-10, 22:40
Took me 3 weeks to go through those. I didn't have a "wow" reaction. I thought it was a good reference to a contemporary handgun handling, and strong reaffirmation of mindset importance (Travis' bit) but I don't think I've learned anything new. Maybe a part of it has to do with me having trained with MD in carbine and being familiar with their training philosophy. Nonetheless, both carbine DVDs gave me something new to try and learn, but pistol DVD didn't. I will watch it again and see if I missed something.

I generally try not to comment on gear just on principle of gear being of far distant importance as compared to mindset and skill, but I thought that Raven mag pouches had a good mod done to them, with inside corner cut off. Looks like that would require an attachment loop different from Raven's.

tr1kstanc3
02-25-10, 07:00
At the end of dvd 2 Chris and Travis are suited up in their chest rigs with carbine's slung. Does anybody know which chest rig they are using? I liked how it was low-profile and am in the process of researching something for myself. Thanks.

Citpitch02
02-25-10, 08:46
... I thought that Raven mag pouches had a good mod done to them, with inside corner cut off. Looks like that would require an attachment loop different from Raven's.

That is actually a custom mod available from Raven. The front belt loop is different from the rear...but it's also a custom modification on their end. I've had a double mag carrier with this for quite a while now. I think it definitely makes a difference if you like running your mags more to the front where it would normally dig into your upper thigh when bending over or sitting.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-25-10, 11:05
Maybe I've been married too long, but the picture target of the woman, kind of with her mouth open yelling with the knife at waist level - she's kind of hot.

I'll have to take another look at that raven gear. In some Magpul class or video they have on a multi AR mag holder that looks pretty cool too. Raven makes nice stuff, but the cost and the wait has me thinking I might start to roll my own Kydex.....

BushmasterFanBoy
02-26-10, 11:38
This might be off topic, but what ammo do Chris and Travis use in the video? (For that, matter most of their practice) Is it just generic WWB stuff?