PDA

View Full Version : Cameron's Avatar Script Quote: "redblooded redneck NRA supporters"

FMJ556
01-13-10, 13:15
So James Cameron makes it quite clear as to what his views on Americans are (just in case you couldn't figure it out from the "fight terror with terror", "shock and awe" quotes from the film) in this cut script scene from the film:

" INT. ARMOR BAY – DAY

TROOPERS issue automatic weapons and magazines to a long line of mine workers. The miners lock and load like the redblooded redneck NRA supporters they are"

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jjmnolte/2010/01/13/james-cameron-like-the-redneck-nra-supporters-they-are/

Outlander Systems
01-13-10, 13:52
We're talking about the same assbag who brought the cultural masterpiece, timeless classic, "Point Break".

James Cameron = KD Lang with a goatee.

Titleist
01-13-10, 15:13
:rolleyes:

You do understand a script is intended and written to convey a set of mental images for cast and crew, in the broadest of terms. To basically set the feel for how characters should act.

James Cameron is very pro-gun, and has personally taken a huge fascination with them.

But if you want to take this personally, go for it. Till you can direct a movie as good as Terminator 1 and 2, Aliens, Abyss, True Lies, Pirahna 2: The Spawning, I think I'll respect the man for his work and not his politics.

ForTehNguyen
01-13-10, 15:44
because America was the first nation to ever harm indigenous people to get their resources

Outlander Systems
01-13-10, 15:50

You do understand a script is intended and written to convey a set of mental images for cast and crew, in the broadest of terms. To basically set the feel for how characters should act.

James Cameron is very pro-gun, and has personally taken a huge fascination with them.

But if you want to take this personally, go for it. Till you can direct a movie as good as Terminator 1 and 2, Aliens, Abyss, True Lies, Pirahna 2: The Spawning, I think I'll respect the man for his work and not his politics.

Everyone I've talked to that has seen "Avatar", has walked away with the perspective that this is a fantasy-fable of our situation in the Middle East. Of course, the aliens are the Iraqis and Afghans; and, of course, the US is the "bad guy".

glocktogo
01-13-10, 15:54
Cameron is a narcissistic asshat. His last two movie plots were thin a rice paper. He's nothing more than a cash cow for the entertainment industry.

For all the people who are up in arms about the plot or the "message", you'd do better to point out the yawn factor of the plot and directing than to get all emotional about the theme. That's what the Vatican did, calling it bland, unoriginal and overly-sentimental.

Everyone who goes on about the controversial aspects of it are going to help it break Titanic's cash record.

Titleist
01-13-10, 15:59
Everyone I've talked to that has seen "Avatar", has walked away with the perspective that this is a fantasy-fable of our situation in the Middle East. Of course, the aliens are the Iraqis and Afghans; and, of course, the US is the "bad guy".

Considering this was written before the war on terror, that seems more like projecting your opinions on to the storyline. Oh well. Can't please 'em all.

larry0071
01-13-10, 16:00

If that is where your mind rests... then OK.... I guess you could see it like that easily. But.... you can go back 50 years and see 1,000 other movies in a similar twist if you really wished to. I'm not saying I know Cameron or that I know what is in his head... but unlike you, I did go see it. And again.... unlike you... I did NOT think he was trying to teach me that my American military is out killing for the oil. Maybe it's my mind that is twisted, maybe I refuse to see it in that light....? I saw it as a decent fantasy/adventure movie with some good special effects and enough pastel colors to turn a staight man limp wristed!

My honest to goodness opinion is that there are many things that a person encounters, and I feel that often his internal slant (we are all biassed towards certain things based on our personal interests and such) will direct him to see something completely different compared to the next guy. It's similar to listining to to a radio talk show or something where they can twist a meaningless statement to make it look like it had some new and entirely different meaning. I try real hard to apply the filter and not try to read too hard into things.

Lock and load brother.... if your an American Redneck like me, you will be proud that he mentioned us in the clip!

Look ma, I'm famouse!

Striker5
01-13-10, 16:35
Cameron did not make Point Break. That was Katherine Bigelow- this pretty hot chick who somehow makes good action/horror/sci-fi ( Near Dark, Point Break, Strange Days, The Hurt Locker).

I don't know Cameron, but he strikes me as one of those Spielberg types who has an affinity for weapons but doesn't believe peasants like us can be trusted with them. I am basing this statement on two and a half decades of watching movies and reading about actors, directors and screenwriters. Cameron is obviously intelligent and the way he portrays weapons in his films is lavish (Ahnold's minigun in T2 for example).

I am not surprised, but still, - screw him. I'll catch Avatar when it comes out on DVD, maybe.

Outlander Systems
01-13-10, 16:47
Considering this was written before the war on terror, that seems more like projecting your opinions on to the storyline. Oh well. Can't please 'em all.

Negative. I haven't seen it. This is the feedback I've been hearing from coworkers, family, etc. seeing it. They weren't trashing it's message.

I've heard the antagonists referred to, incessantly, by disparate parties as "The Blackwater guys".

SWATcop556
01-13-10, 16:51
Another ****ing Avatar thread.........:rolleyes:

variablebinary
01-13-10, 19:38
Another ****ing Avatar thread.........:rolleyes:

Sad isnt it.

Way too much butthurt over a movie

Volucris
01-13-10, 22:10
Sad isnt it.

Way too much butthurt over a movie

agreed

Jay Cunningham
01-13-10, 22:16
Please just stop with the Avatar = Downfall of The Republic threads.