PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about selling my 870. Here's why...

TacticalSpeed
01-13-10, 15:06
Nope, not b/c I don't like it or it's been bad to me.

I also have a Saiga 12 that I enjoy shooting much more than the 870 (Not that the 870 is no fun)

However, seeing as you can only shoot one at a time and they both really do the same thing, why not sell the 870 & use the money for another toy or ammo that I could use for other weapons.

The 870 & S12 both have pros & cons, obviously. I have not converted the S12 yet, but do plan to. Maybe I could use the 870 funds for that too.
The 870 is the only pump SG I currently own.

I'm still on the fence so wanted to get some neutral feedback.

Oscar 319
01-13-10, 15:14
No firearm collection is complete with out an 870.

As rugged as a Sagia is, nothing is as reliable and tested as an 870.

Parts and accessories are readily available.

An 870 (pump) will cycle any round you can feed it.

Just my thoughts.

GMZ
01-13-10, 19:02
I like to stock at least one of every part in/on the gun, thatd be easier with an 870.

Ak44
01-13-10, 19:06
I don't even shoot my pump anymore, my saiga spoiled that...I've run probably 600 rds through my saiga without cleaning and still runs like a champ. Since your thinking about getting rid of the 870, why not get a Benelli?

TacticalSpeed
01-13-10, 19:09
I don't even shoot my pump anymore, my saiga spoiled that...I've run probably 600 rds through my saiga without cleaning and still runs like a champ. Since your thinking about getting rid of the 870, why not get a Benelli?

If I sell it, it won't be for another pump or semi-auto SG. It'd be some other toy or to use the $ to convert my S12.

Ak44
01-13-10, 19:11
If I sell it, it won't be for another pump or semi-auto SG. It'd be some other toy or to use the $ to convert my S12.

Oooo, yea convert the S12 then! I'm waiting for tromix to start taking orders again :cool:

Cerberus
01-14-10, 16:59
Something to keep in mind. 870s are great shotguns and I'm sure the Kalashnikov type is as well, however you can find used 870s all day long in the 200-250 price range, and many of them in very sound and often barely used condition. You may not get out of it what you paid for it, and what you may get won't buy many conversion parts.

I've heard more than one gun dealer say over the years, that they want to be able to make at least 30% profit off of a trade in. Can't blame them either.

If you still want to sell it try to do a private sale.

glocktogo
01-14-10, 17:23
I have an 8" Tromix Saiga and it's all I shoot these days as far as shotguns go. With that said, I have no intentions of getting rid of my 590A1. If I need to equip someone else with a shotgun, it's there. If I need to take one across state lines, it's there. If I need to use one somewhere that the Saiga wouldn't be allowed (i.e., LE agency), it's there. If my Saiga goes down for any reason, it's there. I see no compelling reason to get rid of a perfectly good shotgun just because I happen to have a better one on hand.

erik18
01-14-10, 17:56
Dude, Keep the 870. We have 870s that are over 30 year olds that are still in service. They will last FOREVER!

Plus it's not like you could even sell the 870 for that much

11Bravo
01-14-10, 18:53
You heathenistic blasphemer!!!! :p
Keep the 870; only acceptable reason to sell an 870 is to buy a bigger, better 870.
YMMV.

Bimmer
01-16-10, 19:40
Plus it's not like you could even sell the 870 for that much

You don't often hear people regretting years later that they really wish they'd gotten a couple hundred bucks years back instead of keeping that fully-functional gun they like...

You're right to want to put the guns into hands of someone who will use it. Don't you have friends and family? "Loan" it to one of them, or make it an outright gift, or sell it to someone you know who will sell it back to you someday.

Bimmer