PDA

View Full Version : FULL - Vickers Tactical 1911 Operators Class - Sept 11-12, 2010 - Fuquay-Varina, NC‎

VA_Dinger
01-13-10, 18:26
This class is now full. Thank you to everyone who signed up. Trust me; you are in for an awesome Vickers Tactical class. We will be in touch shortly with all of the last minute class details.

Vickers Tactical 1911 Operators Class - Sept 11-12, 2010 - Fuquay-Varina, NC‎

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/vickers-tactical-logo.jpg

www.vickerstactical.com

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/lav-1911.jpg

LAV tuning a students 1911 in a past class;
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/LAV1911B.jpg

Larry Vickers is a decorated US Army Special Forces veteran and national pistol champion. Mr. Vickers has nearly two decades of special operations experience (1 SFOD-Delta), much of which was spent as his unit’s Primary Firearms Instructor. In addition to his special operations accomplishments, his competitive shooting has yielded a 10th and 9th place finish in the 1993 and 1994 USPSA Limited Nationals as well as a 1st place finish in CDP class at the 2001 IDPA Mid-Winter Nationals at Smith & Wesson. Mr. Vickers is a founding member of IDPA. In addition to being a highly experienced operator and national pistol champion, Mr. Vickers is also one of the premier 1911 pistolsmiths in the country and his work has been featured in several firearms publications and on the cover of American Handgunner. In addition to all this, Mr. Vickers has served as a consultant and technical expert to the firearms industry. Mr. Vickers is featured on two new firearms, tactics, and accessories focused T.V. shows called Tactical Impact and Tactical Arms.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/logo.jpg

Grey Group Training:
www.greygrouptraining.com

Vickers Tactical 1911 Operators Class - Sept 11-12, 2010 - Fuquay-Varina, NC‎

This class features 1911 specific range drills that highlight the differences of shooting a 1911 vs other handguns. Specific drills and courses of fire are used to allow the shooter to understand what shooting a 1911 is all about. The real unique part of this course that makes it stand out is the day two classroom portion. In this section we teach detailed disassembly, troubleshooting, recommended and not recommended modifications, and a detailed inspection of each students 1911. If a problem is detected and can be fixed - it will be fixed it on the spot by Larry himself. This will give students the knowledge and skills needed to identify and diagnose problems. Time permitting a return to the range on day two to reinforce what was taught wraps up this an intensive 1911 learning experience. This class is a must for anyone who wants to run a 1911 properly.

You must shoot a 1911 variant handgun.

Primary Instructor: Larry Vickers

- Class dates: Sept 11-12, 2010

- Cost: $450

- Location: Fuquay-Varina, NC‎ (Roughly an hour North of Fayetteville, NC)

- Range facilities:

www.drakelanding.net/pistolpit.html

- Class size: Maximum twenty students

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

- Serviceable 1911 handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
- Serviceable holster
- Minimum 1 double magazine pouch (Ability to carry two spare mags - at a minimum) on body.
- Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5-8 is better)
- 800 rounds of ammo
- Weapon cleaning & lubrication supplies
- Electronic hearing protection
- Eye Protection
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Weapon cleaning & lubrication supplies
- Good attitude

If you are interested in attending this class please use this link to the Grey Group Training sign-up page:
http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/-strse-3397/LAV-1911-OPERATOR-11-dsh-12/Detail.bok

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me;
training@greygrouptraining.com

Amp Mangum
01-14-10, 15:29
I'm in.

flyfishr
01-14-10, 18:38
Went to this class last year in South Hill. The second morning (tearing pistol down and getting an understanding of how the pieces have to fit/work for the gun to run) was worth the price of admission. Hm-m-m, come to think of it, the first day was worth the price!

The Man knows the 1911!

Have a conflict with a trade show that weekend. Will work that out.

Consider me in!

The Dumb Gun Collector
01-14-10, 20:40
This is a great class. For anybody with a 1911 this is a must-take.

VA_Dinger
01-15-10, 09:46
I had the funny suspicion this was going to be a popular class. :D

Ak44
03-02-10, 22:35
I'll be attending this year, couldn't make last year's South Hill class. Hopefully LAV brings the other 1911 classes back towards South Hill :D

friendlyfireisnt
03-14-10, 23:23
2 questions regarding this class:

1- Is there still availability for this class?

2- Is this a class that would be appropriate for a person's first class, provided that their pistol is a 1911.

Thanks in advance.

VA_Dinger
03-15-10, 05:53
2 questions regarding this class:

1- Is there still availability for this class?

2- Is this a class that would be appropriate for a person's first class, provided that their pistol is a 1911.

Thanks in advance.

Hello friendlyfireisnt, I still have a few open seats available. This can also be your first training class.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I am always glad to help.

Thanks,

Paul

friendlyfireisnt
03-15-10, 14:39
Hello friendlyfireisnt, I still have a few open seats available. This can also be your first training class.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I am always glad to help.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul,

Thanks, I was actually planning on getting info for a family member, who just got a 1911, and was planning on getting training, but I just found out that he is out of the country during that time period.

Is this a class that will be happening again in the future?

GermanSynergy
05-16-10, 18:08
I'm there. :D

controlledpairs2
05-17-10, 03:35
are there two seats left? thanks in advance

VA_Dinger
05-17-10, 06:32
are there two seats left? thanks in advance

Hello controlledpairs2, I have seats available for this class. You can sign up anytime using the Grey Group Training link. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks and welcome aboard.

Paul

John_Wayne777
05-17-10, 08:45
I strongly recommend this course to anyone who is serious about the 1911 or who is seriously considering dropping money into a 1911.

TOrrock
05-17-10, 09:20
As Dinger stated, this can be your first formal training class, it's one of the most informative I've taken and I've been shooting 1911's since 1988.

How often are you able to train with one of the master 1911 smiths who's work resume reads like LAV's?

controlledpairs2
05-17-10, 15:49
im sold. thanks and see you in early sept.

controlledpairs2
05-26-10, 21:14
va_dinger

i just ordered a third seat, but it said backordered underneath the class description. does it always say that or was the class full? thanks.

VA_Dinger
06-08-10, 10:08
va_dinger

i just ordered a third seat, but it said backordered underneath the class description. does it always say that or was the class full? thanks.

Hello controlledpairs2, no this class is not full. The "Backordered" is just a glitch in our system that pops up from time to time. You are good to go.

Welcome aboard to the class.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I am always glad to help.

Thanks,

Paul

civilian
06-29-10, 10:37
Any of you make the drive to this facility from the DC area? What am I looking at in traveling time? Same as the drive to Bragg?

chuckman
06-29-10, 12:12
Any of you make the drive to this facility from the DC area? What am I looking at in traveling time? Same as the drive to Bragg?

Bragg minus 30 minutes. It's just about on the way.

civilian
07-15-10, 13:13
Thanks Chuck.

1trp45
08-02-10, 15:57
Are there slots still available for this course? Looking for one.
Thanks

VA_Dinger
08-04-10, 12:27
Are there slots still available for this course? Looking for one.
Thanks

Hello 1trp45, I still have an open seat for you. Please feel free to sign-up using the Grey Group Training website.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.

Thank you,

Paul

1trp45
08-11-10, 16:45
Paul

Thanks, I signed up, see you there.

Andrew

VA_Dinger
08-25-10, 11:27
FYI: This class is getting relatively close.

We do have a limited number of open seats available. As always this class is must attend for serious 1911 fans.

Thanks,

Paul

Amp Mangum
08-26-10, 06:20
I'm really looking forward to this class.

VA_Dinger
08-26-10, 12:53
This class is now full. Thank you to everyone who signed up. Trust me; you are in for an awesome Vickers Tactical class. We will be in touch shortly with all of the last minute class details.

controlledpairs2
09-10-10, 16:08
im just making sure, but does the class start at 0900 on saturday? thanks.

TOrrock
09-10-10, 16:13
You guys are going to have a hell of a weekend of training.

Enjoy it.

I'm looking forward to the AAR.

Amp Mangum
09-10-10, 19:15
im just making sure, but does the class start at 0900 on saturday? thanks.

Yes. Start time is 0900.