PDA

View Full Version : What pistol suppressor?

Vash1023
01-13-10, 22:16
What suppressor should i get for my glock 19?

ive been told alot of different opinions, such as...

- i should get a 40cal suppressor for my 9mm so i can use it for another pistol
- i should get a subgun can because there quieter.

ive heard good things about Trident...

also what ammunition will work best with a suppressed pistol?

personal experience and pictures welcome...

thanks guys :D

Ak44
01-13-10, 22:20
I'm an AAC fan so I would say Ti-Rant 9. Trident 9 or Gemtech Multi Mount would be good if you want to throw it on different guns ie glock and the mp5/k. What is your criteria for length, weight, price, sound reduction, and material? Check out silencerresearch.com Subsonic ammo is usually good except for AR they will not cycle the bolt. For 9mm I would try and find Special K

Vash1023
01-13-10, 23:18
I'm an AAC fan so I would say Ti-Rant 9. Trident 9 or Gemtech Multi Mount would be good if you want to throw it on different guns ie glock and the mp5/k. What is your criteria for length, weight, price, sound reduction, and material? Check out silencerresearch.com Subsonic ammo is usually good except for AR they will not cycle the bolt. For 9mm I would try and find Special K

cost is under 2k.
id like something extremely quiet.
length around 10 to inches
weight ??? no clue

silencer research requires paid membership to read reviews.

Iraqgunz
01-13-10, 23:40
I am pretty happy with my Gemtech Tundra. As for ammo I tend to use 147gr. or 158gr. when I can find it.

Ak44
01-14-10, 00:17
Your budget is good you can get pretty much any suppressor on the market. I personally never saw a reason to suppress 40 as its a little bit more difficult to do compared to the 45 or 9. A subgun can is nice but kind of ridiculous on a pistol because of its size. The Agenda Six is a nice can and has pretty good suppression due to its large volume. I would seriously consider the TiRant 9 but like I said if its going on multiple weapons get the Trident 9 or Multimount

oef24
01-14-10, 01:28
AAC TiRant 9, Gemtech Tundra or Gemtech Multimount. You can't go wrong with any although the TiRant 9 will set you back a little more but it is the most quiet.

O

sgtmajor
01-14-10, 10:06
TiRant, and it just dropped to $850 :D

noctis
01-14-10, 11:13
If I were buying a pistol can today, it would be Silencerco's Osprey (http://www.silencerco.com/Silencerco/#/osprey/) can.

MSRP is $850, has a lot of features worth looking at.

I have an AAC Evo-9, and would rather have this.

Ak44
01-14-10, 13:27
Yep prices for the Tirant series cans were reduced...sucks for the class III dealers who are sitting on cans that are retailing cheaper than what they paid for them at dealer cost :(

DWood
01-14-10, 15:12
A lot depends on what is available. You can buy on the internet but the dealers have to transfer on a Form 3 causing additional delays. I have a YHM Cobra 2 that went pending at BATFE on 11/19/09; I hope to have the approved stamp in another month or so (I'm an optomist). I went with the YHM because it seems quiet enough for what I want, the price was right ($498), and it comes apart for cleaning and service (probably not necessary but I like it). This will go in my end of the world bag with my Glock 34 and 6 mags loaded with Ranger 147 grain FMJ. It will come out just for fun.

I would have considered the Outback Tundra, but none were available when I was looking. It costs more than the YHM and I'm glad now that I went with the Cobra. I found it in a local shop and it was leass than MSRP (I haven't seen suppressors less than MSRP before). I bought it spur of the moment, but I am glad to support a local shop when I can. It will meet my needs.

Sometimes the videos can be decieving about sound reduction based on the location of the microphone. Here is a side by side comparison of the Multi Mount and Cobra 2. The MM seems quiter to me, especially on the first round, but the Cobra 2 is pretty quiet too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-lCTdwg29o

mgpatty
01-15-10, 19:09
Your budget is good you can get pretty much any suppressor on the market. I personally never saw a reason to suppress 40 as its a little bit more difficult to do compared to the 45 or 9. A subgun can is nice but kind of ridiculous on a pistol because of its size. The Agenda Six is a nice can and has pretty good suppression due to its large volume. I would seriously consider the TiRant 9 but like I said if its going on multiple weapons get the Trident 9 or Multimount

Why is a .40 more difficult to suppress than a 45?

JeepDriver
01-16-10, 07:50
I have a Tundra I use on a 226 and USP. I'm very happy with it. Add a little wire pulling gel and it's like a suppressed 22. The only down side to it is that you are stuck with 1/2x28 or 13.5x1.

My next pistol can will be a Multimount to give more host options.

Fireman1291
01-17-10, 19:12
If I were buying a pistol can today, it would be Silencerco's Osprey (http://www.silencerco.com/Silencerco/#/osprey/) can.

MSRP is $850, has a lot of features worth looking at.

I have an AAC Evo-9, and would rather have this.

Im with you. The 9mm cans wil be shipping to the dealers in a week. I already paid for one, for my G19 none-the-less. Some dealers that got some demo 9mm ospreys reported they sounded like a suppressed P22!:eek:

Ak44
01-17-10, 19:14
Why is a .40 more difficult to suppress than a 45?

My understanding is that it's a faster round, where as the 45 is a heavier and slower round.

mgpatty
01-17-10, 20:37
My understanding is that it's a faster round, where as the 45 is a heavier and slower round.

180 gr .40 is subsonic and is widely available. It shouldn't be any harder to suppress than a .45, if a quality suppressor is used. I can see a 9mm being slightly better to suppress, due to less powder/muzzle report. However, that slight advantage is quickly disappearing due to better suppressor designs (Osprey).

Ak44
01-17-10, 20:49
Ah ic, well given the choice between 9, 40, and 45. I'd rather suppress a 9mm.