PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else own a FN SPR

JaxCatm
03-25-07, 01:30
I picked up one of these rifles several months ago and I love it. Just wondering if anyone else has had a chance to play with one.

h8mtv
03-25-07, 09:05
One of my next buys is going to be a bolt gun. I am very interested in a FN SPR.

Spooky130
03-25-07, 13:39
I picked up one of these rifles several months ago and I love it. Just wondering if anyone else has had a chance to play with one.

I've had one for a couple years. I had issues initially getting bases for it because it was the 2nd edition and Badger only sold bases with package guns. I ended up getting a DD Ross base and rings. I've got one of those Super Sniper scopes on it and it is working great. I've been able to shoot a good number of sub-MOA groups with it since I've had it - it also seems to like just about any bullet weight which is unusual. It could be my shooting as well though!

Spooky

SinnFéinM1911
03-25-07, 15:05

I've got to play with a couple of them ! :D

SuicideHz
03-26-07, 18:12
No pics eh?

meat
04-02-07, 22:15
my earnest recommendation to anyone ready to buy an FN SPR is to get the floorplate model.
the 4- round detachable box magazines are impossible to find for the SPR/PBR

C'yotecaller
04-03-07, 21:21
You can by the 4 round magazines right now from machinegun.com, but you have to have a minimum $100 order, so you will have to order 2 or 3. I dont know why people struggle to find them. I bought my FN PBR a year and a half ago and have since bought 3 extra mags for it.

FALbert
04-06-07, 00:05
I came close to getting a new A3 model last month, below current wholesale prices, but the seller backed out at the 11th hour. :(

Oh well, took the money and built a few more AR uppers along with some upgrades to existing toys. :)

DrMark
04-06-07, 07:45
I picked up one of these a little while ago, but I haven't scoped it yet. :(

Mine's a DBM model, and I was able to order a couple of mags online from Front Sight's Pro Shop. I think that source dried up soon thereafter.

ShipWreck
04-06-07, 09:50
I've seen them in the catalog and they look sweet. But, how much do they generally cost?

64ti
04-18-07, 08:50
Great rifle pre-64 action and will keep the brass in the receiver or sling way out there depends on your pull on the bolt. Much classier rifle than the PSS as far as I am concerned. I will not have to trash the barrel and stock to build up a good gun just buy ammo and zero it. They come with a 20 moa base now and it shoots much better and feels better with the Mcmillan stock on it. A gunshop in PA has them at a great price Tanners sport shop 215-343-3103. For the money you will be hard pressed to find a better tactical rifle, and the barrel is chromelined. I had magazines from a spr already so no problem there. Highly reccomend it.

meat
04-20-07, 00:34
well, I finally did find some DBM's on cheaperthandirt.
I have the A1 floorplate model (my PBR is the DBM and uses the same ones as the SPR)
would have loved to know about Machinegun.com a few months ago when I was looking all over. I passed that one by somehow
got mine for 1100 on the Hide

ShipWreck
04-20-07, 09:32
$1100? Ok. That's a lot, but I feared it might be even higher...

.308holes
04-23-07, 11:51
I currently have one left, have had up to 3 at once. I love them.
I shot a 700PSS as my duty gun for 5 years, also a good rifle...but....I will take the SPR anyday.

762Combat
04-23-07, 17:08
This is my first post guys. Hello to all. I have a FN SPR A1 DBM and love it. It has been pillar bedded by Randy (HateCA) at RD Precision. It shoots sub-1/2 MOA all day. Optics: Leupold Mark4 6.5x20x50 LR/T w/Illu. TMR. Here are couple of pics.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m56/fabglock/Tactical%20Rifles/FNH_SPR_02_Web.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m56/fabglock/Tactical%20Rifles/FN_SPR_0005_Web.jpg

DrMark
04-23-07, 18:14
$1100? Ok. That's a lot, but I feared it might be even higher...

I don't know what they run most places, but CDNN has them in their latest catalog for about $1400 to $1560 depending on barrel length and mag type.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/dowournewcat.html

CDNN's prices are usually pretty good.

Mark

KiraX105
04-23-07, 19:00
I picked up my SPR A1 from Tanners Sport Center in Jamison, PA for $1145

BillC
05-02-07, 18:42
I had an SPR with Floorplate, 20" fluted barrel I never shot it, I ended up trading it for a new Colt 6920, I plan on replacing it though, that McMillan Stock sure felt nice. I would get the 24" barrel next time.

ShipWreck
05-02-07, 19:00
One of my next buys is going to be a bolt gun. I am very interested in a FN SPR.

Yes, I really want one of these myself...

graffex
05-02-07, 19:52
Great rifle pre-64 action and will keep the brass in the receiver or sling way out there depends on your pull on the bolt. Much classier rifle than the PSS as far as I am concerned. I will not have to trash the barrel and stock to build up a good gun just buy ammo and zero it. They come with a 20 moa base now and it shoots much better and feels better with the Mcmillan stock on it. A gunshop in PA has them at a great price Tanners sport shop 215-343-3103. For the money you will be hard pressed to find a better tactical rifle, and the barrel is chromelined. I had magazines from a spr already so no problem there. Highly reccomend it.

My cousin bought a SPR from Tanners a while back when he first go them in. The owner apparently had to buy a ton of them in order to be able to get PS90's if I recall correctly. He paid a grand maybe a little less for his if I recall. He loves it and I've shoot it out to 600 yards and it seems to be very accurate. If I where looking for a tactical bolt gun the SPR would most likely be my first choice.

cfrazier
05-29-07, 10:37
I'VE HAD AN A3G FOR ABOUT 2YRS IT SEEMS TO LIKE 168 GR A-MAX LOADED IN LUPUA BRASS WITH 46 GRS VARGET . BEST GROUP WAS .307 AT 100YDS. WITH 175 GR LC '77