PDA

View Full Version : Two questions: LT mounts and the Trijicon donut

Kisara
03-25-07, 02:19
My Aimpoint has been mounted for about two years straight now. Its worked best for me (50yd zero) and my job requirements, and I've never needed to remove it. Next week I'll be required to have magnified optics for particular task (not my choice), so I'm dusting off my old TA11/4XDOS combo. Problem is, its been so long since I've changed optics that I don't remember, do I push the mount all the way forward or all the way back before locking down the LaRue lever?

Also, most people (and the Trijicon manual) sight in the very top of the donut at the 100yrd zero. Anyone recommend just using the center of the donut? I think it would be faster and just more natural to put the circle on your target. We're not doing anything precision, and I know for a fact that we won't be shooting anything past 100. I never use the rangefinder line under the donut anyway. Ammo is 75gr TAP.

Thanks for your help!

KevinB
03-25-07, 02:43
IIRC your supposed to push forward (I do it is seems to work)

If you use the top of the donut at 100m -- then in closer the center of the donut will work (IIRC - its been a year since I've been live with a TA31).

Face_N_The_Crowd
04-01-07, 14:29
All you can do is try it. IMHO - it is slower. Instead your mind registering that the top of the bright circle has been brought to POI; you are asking your mind to look through the bright areas to the center. Like I said - try it with a timer. I think you'll find your slower.

As for the ladder bar - the ladder bar has great advantages for making pinpoint shots quickly at very close ranges - it takes all the guess work out of accounting for offset.

Good luck