PDA

View Full Version : Help: Where to buy Non-Jacketed lead ammo?

larry0071
01-14-10, 18:23
I need to find non jacketed lead ammunition for use shooting at indoor pistol ranges. I would like to find .32ACP and 9mm.

Where I shoot indoors during the winter there is a policy for no jacketed ammunition due to a couple issues with jacket material coming back and sticking in people.

We have a semi-local place that does reload 9mm in lead semi-wad cutter, but they are out and they are not sure when they will cast 9mm again. I have yet to come across any .32ACP for my wife.

Anyone know where to order some reloaded lead ammo like this?

Alpha Sierra
01-14-10, 20:14
If you reload, you are golden.

If you don't, and don't want to buy over the net, you are SOL.

dwhitehorne
01-14-10, 20:15
I ordered this stuff a few years ago. It was ok but I had a few cases rupture and ruined a set of CZ grips. David
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat602007-cat20837&id=0071918216743a&navCount=1&podId=0071918&parentId=cat20837&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=2UG&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

larry0071
01-15-10, 09:53
If you reload, you are golden.

If you don't, and don't want to buy over the net, you are SOL.

No reloading over here, I buy what I shoot. I don't know jack about reloading and I don't have the time to invest. So I am a cash ammo buyer.

I buy most of my ammunition over the I-Net, no problems with that.

larry0071
01-15-10, 09:56
I ordered this stuff a few years ago. It was ok but I had a few cases rupture and ruined a set of CZ grips. David
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat602007-cat20837&id=0071918216743a&navCount=1&podId=0071918&parentId=cat20837&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=2UG&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

Thank you for the link! That will take care of the 9mm stuff. That is exactly what Im looking for!
http://images.cabelas.com/is/image/cabelas/s7_216743_imageset_01?$main-Medium$

Does anyone remember seeing any .32ACP in stock any where with non-jacketed lead bullets?

(Bolded because I thought you may miss it or ignore it because it comes after the pretty picture!)

Aurispector
01-15-10, 12:53
Dicks sporting goods carries bulk packs of lead round nose 9mm. I don't think they have it in .32.

tpd223
01-16-10, 10:50
For several years I shot lead bullet 9mm and .38 from Ultramax, it was decent stuff, smoky though.

Dave Berryhill
01-16-10, 12:58
It's my understanding that the big ammo companies don't make runs of the less popular ammo very frequently - sometimes once per year or less. Since people have been hoarding any type of ammo due to the presidential election, finding ammo in these less popular calibers is even harder than ever.

I tried to buy a few boxes of .38 S&W for my father in law for Christmas and every place I tried was out of stock. It's still on backorder until another lot is made. You might have to do the same thing for lead .32 Auto ammo or just reload it yourself.

It might be easier to find a commercial reloading company that sells the 9mm RNL. You'd have to do a search to find out what ammo manufacturers, if any, sell a 9mm load with a lead bullet.

larry0071
01-16-10, 22:28
I'm a bit shocked that the folks out there do not have indoor ranges with lead bulet requirements like ours, I thought there would be inddor ranges in every town across the country with customers needing to buy lead. It appears that I am an annomaly of sorts with this requirement.

Aurispector
01-17-10, 12:51
I'm a bit shocked that the folks out there do not have indoor ranges with lead bulet requirements like ours, I thought there would be inddor ranges in every town across the country with customers needing to buy lead. It appears that I am an annomaly of sorts with this requirement.

My range specifically bans lead ammo unless there are no FMJ substitutes. They say it's because of lead getting into the air and all over everything.

citizensoldier16
01-17-10, 14:30
Dick's Sporting Goods near me occasionally has 200 round boxes of reloaded 9mm with lead bullets. Might check there.