PDA

View Full Version : Full-size P-series light ?

WS6
01-14-10, 19:28
I have owned an X300. It was nice. About 170-180 lumens and the beam pattern was great with a decently white tint (probably about 6000K or so).

However, I don't like how it doesn't look like it fits the P-series weapons very well. It protrudes a good bit past the muzzle ensuring the lense will quickly be coated with soot, and the mounting bracket hangs off the rail a bit to boot.

The XT150W has a very nice incandescant color and is 120 lumens, I don't know the actual output as I never owned/measured one. SO I will assume it is an honest 120L of incan-spectrum light. Very cool. However, I cannot find any information from Insight Technologies on this light on their page (do they still make it? Was it just a 1-time batch? What?), only the regular XT150, which is nice too. It seems to fit the P-series pistols much better. However, I have heard that the latch doesn't like the curved rail and won't work--yet I see them on SIG's here and other places--what's the score on this one?

The TLR1 w/C4 puts out around 150 lumens based on measurements I have seen, but I don't believe in attatching something to a firearm using screws if I can avoid it, so the TLR series is out.

Any incandescant is unacceptable. I am an LED convert.

SIG's re-branded stuff does not appeal to me in the least.

Advice? Pictures w/your setup?