PDA

View Full Version : B.A.D. initial impression

ColdDeadHands
01-15-10, 06:59
Hey all, I received a BAD Lever yesterday and thought I post my initial impressions of it.
I installed in on my LMT M4. The Bolt catch has some "wobble" from side to side and after installing the BAD the wobble is multiplied by 10. Also, after tightening the screw down I can still move the lever around on the bolt catch to the left or the right (does this make sense?). It seems like it needs to be tighter but I'm afraid I'll mess up the screw if I tighten it anymore...any feedback on this?
As for ergonomics; The BAD makes locking and releasing the Bolt a much smoother operation tho it will take some getting used to as my trigger finger 'snags' on the BAD when I move it to the trigger. I will update after I have had a chance to do some drills with it.

Robb Jensen
01-15-10, 07:04
One of the latest ones I installed on one of my rifles didn't want to go together all the way either.
How I got it to work was to run the screw through the back piece all by itself all the way down. Then I reinstalled the BAD and it everything went fine.

rob_s
01-15-10, 07:16
Are you seeing a gap between the two halves or not?

ColdDeadHands
01-15-10, 07:50
One of the latest ones I installed on one of my rifles didn't want to go together all the way either.
How I got it to work was to run the screw through the back piece all by itself all the way down. Then I reinstalled the BAD and it everything went fine.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

ColdDeadHands
01-15-10, 07:52
Are you seeing a gap between the two halves or not?

nope, no gap.