PDA

View Full Version : BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle

payj
01-15-10, 19:09
Anyone have one of these? If so how do ya like it? They look like they would be of use if you had gloves on. I guess I would have a hard time choosing between the medium or large.

thx

JimT
01-15-10, 19:17
Absolutely one of my "must have" items. My primary and secondary carbines are running these and pretty soon the rest of my carbines will wear a BCM Gunfighter.

I've manipulated the guns A LOT ever since they were purchased and so far NO roll pin damage/drift unlike the three forged LMT charging handles that had PRI Big latches installed.

payj
01-15-10, 19:33
Medium or Large. Why?

thx

SeriousStudent
01-15-10, 19:36
https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=41226&highlight=gunfighter

Five pages, 96 posts.

SWATcop556
01-15-10, 19:47
Has been discussed here numerous times with 99.9% positive feedback.

To be brief, I prefer the medium latch when running a non-magnified RDS, like my T1's.

I have the larger latch that I like and works well with magnified optics were you might need a little more to grab when reaching under the optic an mount.

All of my rifles run the BCM GF CH and I feel they are one of the best inovations for the platform in quite some time.

tryken
01-15-10, 19:56
I have the large latch one. Love it. It is on my personal AR. I will probly order one of the medium sized ones and compare the two. One will go on my dept. issued rifle that I carry on SWAT.

Just an initial observation I have of the large latch is that I don't think I would want to use it without gloves on. Seems like a quality piece of equipment.

JimT
01-15-10, 19:58
Medium or Large. Why?

thx

I went with medium as the profile is sort of the same as the PRI. The PRI was just right in size for a non-magnified setup IMHO.

payj
01-15-10, 20:46
Ok so I read through all 5 pages of the link Student put up. Looks like most run the medium but a fair amount run the large. guess its mostly personal. One thing. Many are saying its great when paired up with BAD. What is that? Everyone was using this term couldnt find what it actually was.

thx

lawusmc0844
01-15-10, 21:07
I got a Mod 4 that I asked Grant to put into my BCM upper and despite the brand new grittiness I love it. Its a huge improvement over the Badger II latch that I put on my LWRC's CH, and I am no longer worried about breaking it, even though I haven't broken any CH's yet.

I do prefer the Mod 4 because it's the perfect size, no need to go longer. The Mod 3 I am worried about it getting snagged on easier and doesn't look as streamlined as the Mod 4.

Robb Jensen
01-15-10, 21:20
The BCM Gunfighter CH is a very well thought out design, you will not find a better charging handle.

glocktogo
01-15-10, 22:36
Ok so I read through all 5 pages of the link Student put up. Looks like most run the medium but a fair amount run the large. guess its mostly personal. One thing. Many are saying its great when paired up with BAD. What is that? Everyone was using this term couldnt find what it actually was.

thx

The BAD is Magpul's Battery Assist Device, which is another quality piece of kit.

Surf
01-15-10, 23:21
Never heard of such a thing? :confused:

Iraqgunz
01-15-10, 23:53
Please try and use the search function whenever possible so we don't have these multiple posts going on.

tryken
01-16-10, 07:56
Your search function is not the greatest. So he may have used it, and it just didn't work.

Slippers
01-16-10, 08:24
Rather than use the built-in search feature on the forum, you can also go to Google, type in "site:m4carbine.net bcm gunfighter" and have all the threads listed. :)

Also takes the load off the m4carbine.net server, and no character limitations!

RogerinTPA
01-16-10, 09:46
I have 4 Mod 4s. They are GTG. It's probably the most innovative design to the charging handle and platform to date. I thought the larger Mod 3, was too much of a snag hazard for me.

frogger
01-16-10, 15:41
I have a medium and love it. I plan to put one in my new build I'm working on now. My only complaint is that if you grasp it just right, you can get your finger pinched. It is definitely made well and is smooth. I chose the medium because I wanted some extra handle to grasp, but since I'm not running on optic that overhangs the gun (I'm using an EOTech) I had no need for the large. If I was running a magnified optic that was mounted further back (like a traditional rifle scope) the large would be my choice.

bradb55
01-16-10, 15:50
I have the MOD 4 and its nice. I just picked up a Magpul B.A.D. and the two together make a great combo.

As stated above the BCM charging Handle is a well thought out system and would recommend BCM CH for any AR.

Brad