PDA

View Full Version : Rainier Arms Extreme Tactical Comp

M&P45
01-16-10, 09:31
I stumbled upon the Rainier Arms Extreme Tactical Comp. It looks like it would be a pretty effective brake. There are more jet ports at the 2:00 position that should help with the up and to the right movement. It also has flash suppressor tines on the front like the FSC556. I'm sure that like the FSC556 it will have marginal flash suppression due to the majority of the burnt gases being directed to the sides before the tines even come into play. Has anyone tried one? I have and FSC556 on one carbine but am always looking to try something new.

See it here (http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1684)

C4IGrant
01-16-10, 09:38
I stumbled upon the Rainier Arms Extreme Tactical Comp. It looks like it would be a pretty effective brake. There are more jet ports at the 2:00 position that should help with the up and to the right movement. It also has flash suppressor tines on the front like the FSC556. I'm sure that like the FSC556 it will have marginal flash suppression due to the majority of the burnt gases being directed to the sides before the tines even come into play. Has anyone tried one? I have and FSC556 on one carbine but am always looking to try something new.

See it here (http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1684)

Those look nice. Kind of SF MB556K meets FSC556.

C4

shootist~
01-16-10, 10:26
Retired 3-Gun shooter here. I was looking for something to replace what was on my 20" 3-G rifle, an old Wilson A-2 style from the 90's, and chose the Rainer. I've only put a 100 rounds or so thru it. Most were from the bench just getting the rifle sighted and on the gongs from 100 to 400, plus a mag or so from standing.

First impressions are all good. I asked another shooter on the line if it seemed unusually loud and he said it sounded like any other rifle. (Sample of one and all that.)

One of my criteria was something Not as unholy loud as some of the double baffled competition comps now in use. From behind the gun it seemed to meet that, but I need to run it beside some of my buddies rifles - with me behind both - to get a better feel.

Cagemonkey
01-17-10, 15:23
Just mounted one on my middy yesterday. Can't wait to see how it performs. I thought it looked like a FSC556 crossed with a AAC Blackout FS.

Sone
01-17-10, 15:59
please let us know how it works out for you, very interesting design

Mark71
01-17-10, 16:01
Looking forward to reading some more reviews. Hopefully someone can compare it to the FSC556.

Stickman
01-17-10, 16:57
I've got one that I've used a bit. It works well enough, and doesn't seem to be as loud as some others according to other shooters I've worked around. Obviously John (owner of RA) is a friend of mine, but it doesn't change that its a functional item. Flash in low light is noticeable, but not giant fireball size either.

Here is one on the new MMS MTS-300 midlength upper with 18" barrel.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/WEVO%20II/IMG_4539-1024-Stick.jpg