PDA

View Full Version : issue M4 build tips needed

ret_devildog
01-16-10, 13:43
Just bought a stripped and I want to build an M4 as close to a Military issue as I legally can. Any tips on a good upper or stocks, LPK, etc...? any help is appreciated, thanks.

shittercrewchief
01-16-10, 14:20
Well you can get pretty much everything else you want from colt, or any other reputable tier one manufacture. Including the LPK.
Depending on your state you can throw on a 14.5 inch barrel and you will be darn close.

TOrrock
01-16-10, 14:21
If you're going to SBR it, you might want to just buy a Colt 6921, which is the LE semi auto M4, and you'd have as close as possible to a USGI M4 Carbine.

LBG375
01-16-10, 22:10
Do what they said above, and add a KAC RAS, KAC or Matech BUIS, Aimpoint M4 or ACOG, surefire tac light of your choice, and you have an issue M4.

Ak44
01-16-10, 22:32
Yep 6920 or 6921 (if you want to go NFA SBR route), add the KAC RAS, ACOG, Matech buis, and surefire m951 light. Semper Fi :)

panzerr
01-17-10, 10:40
Get a government profile 16 inch barrel and cut it down to 14.7 then add a birdcage and have it pinned. You'll end up with a barrel the bare minimum legal length and it will only be 0.25 inches longer than an issue M4.

R Lewis
01-24-10, 21:33
I recommend the Bravo Company Manufacturing M4 Upper. Their stuff is milspec all the way.

JCanuet
01-24-10, 23:25
we got issued KAC rail, railcovers and forward pistol grip. Handed us some spec-ops type 3-point patrol slings (lousy, most guys have swapped out). You can use the old standard or new style collapsible stock, or the lmt sopmod one. the surefire is either of the two-battery (6v) millenium weaponlights, M951XM07 or M952XM07. Also some people use this ridiculously awkward forward grip with a pop-out bipod, for cheating at the range, or having bipod A.D.s into the ballsack.

hope it helps!

cpekz
01-26-10, 10:32
Since you already have the lower I would recommend using either one of Grant's kits or a CMT parts kit. Use an a2 grip (although some of my buddies have TangoDown Battlegrips on theirs) and BCM Gen II carbine stock (however a lot of guys use aftermarket stocks now ie: Vltor EMOD, LMT SOPMOD, Magpul CTR, Magpul ACS) for the lower. Get a BCM 16" M4 Upper (complete) and put a KAC RAS and KAC handguards and vertical grip on it (IMO the grip with the bipod is garbage). Use a Matech BUIS (although I prefer Troy). Get either a used Aimpoint Comp M2 or drop the cash for an M4 as it is what's now being fielded as the M68. If you feel like dropping even more cash on optics get a Trijicon ACOG TA31F or TA31RCO. Get a Surefire 900-series or Scout light (I like the Scout). That would be pretty close at a glance to an issue Colt.

If a pure M4 clone is what you really want then get rid of the lower and get yourself a Colt 6921 (SBR) and outfit it like the guys above stated. Then you have a true M4 Carbine, minus the select fire trigger group and roll mark. If NFA isn't how you like to roll then a 6920 will get you as close, just with a 16" barrel.

panzerr
01-26-10, 12:44
You can get colt parts at: http://weaponparts.storesecured.com/

They ship quick and when they say something is in stock it really is.

http://operationparts.com is also good