PDA

View Full Version : Vickers in Central Oregon Pistol and Carbine 1 - Sept 2010

8th
01-17-10, 17:09
I am pleased to announce that Vickers Tactical (Larry Vickers) will conduct a 2 day Pistol I course on September 17-18, 2010 and 2 Day Carbine I course on September 19-20, 2010 at the Central Oregon Shooting Sports Association (COSSA) ranges (http://cosa.netgarage.net/). You can take one class or both classes.

Larry Vickers is a retired special operations solider with over 20 years of experience in the US Army including time spent in both Army Special Forces and fifteen years as a member of 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment – Delta (Delta Force). During his time with Delta Force, Larry was involved in weapons research and development and served as a combat marksmanship instructor in addition to being an assaulter. Larry has served as a design consultant for HK, Schmidt & Bender, Surefire, and Insight Technology and is considered one of the best 1911 pistolsmiths in the country. He is a frequent guest on the history channel show “Weaponology” and the host of “Tactical Impact”. For a complete biography please visit his website: www.vickerstactical.com.

Price:

2 Day Pistol I (September 17-18, 2010) - $450

2 Day Carbine I (September 19-20, 2010) - $450

4 days combined (September 17-20, 2010) – $900

50% of the tuition ($225 per class or $450 for both classes) is required within 2 weeks of registration to guarantee a spot with the balance due 3 weeks prior to the class (August 29, 2010). Refunds will not be provided for cancellations made within the 3 weeks prior to class.

Space is limited to 16 students

Pistol I
This class is for shooters who have had at least a basic pistol class either from Vickers Tactical or any other accredited instructor. State concealed carry certification classes specifically do not qualify. Topics covered include basic pistol topics and the following: malfunction drills, shooting on the move as well as strong hand and weak hand shooting. Introduction to timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level. Concealed carry methods are also covered. Night-fire will depend on time of year and range restrictions.

Class requirements:

• Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
• Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
• Serviceable holster
• Minimum 1 double magazine pouch
• Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5 is better)
• 700 rounds of ammo minimum 800 is recommended – factory service type (no reloads)
• Handheld flashlight with spare batteries
• Suitable range wear depending on the season
• Good attitude

Carbine I

For shooters who have had at least a basic carbine class either from Vickers Tactical or any other accredited instructor. Topics covered include basic carbine topics and the following: malfunction drills and shooting on the move as well as transitions. Introduction to timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level. Nightfire will depend on time of year and range restrictions..

Class requirements:

• Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
• Serviceable carbine - typical calibers include 9mm, 45 ACP, 30 cal, 5.56 mm, 7.62 x 39mm
• Serviceable sling- suitable for a variety of shooting positions - tactical type preferred
• Minimum 1 magazine pouch - or method to carry spare magazine(s)
• Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5 is better)
• 700 rounds of rifle ammo minimum 800 is recommended - service type
• 150 rounds of pistol ammo minimum 200 is recommended - service type
• Weapons mounted flashlight
• Suitable range wear depending on the season
• Good attitude

Travel and Accommodations

Travel, food, and accommodations are not included in the course price and are the responsibility of the student. COSSA is located approximately 30 minutes east of Bend, Oregon. The closest airport is Redmond, Oregon which is approximately 15 minutes north of Bend, Oregon. Recommendations regarding lodging and meals are available upon request.

Range and facility specific information will be provided 3 weeks prior to class (August 29, 2010). To register for the class or ask any questions please contact Scot A. Hill at scothill@msn.com. Please use “Vickers Class” as the subject.