PDA

View Full Version : Fake Navy SEAL outed.

SW-Shooter
01-17-10, 17:12
http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,26686.0.html

Doing a cursory search revealed this guy is from Temple, TEXAS. I hate frauds.

drjavelina. 55 years old Temple, TX. Lonely Doctor (PhD). "Retired Navy SEAL...Now employed as Federal Auditor and part time professor. ...

Looks like he likes to con lonely women
http://www.spock.com/Sammy-Ragsdale-IJLfD1MA

d90king
01-17-10, 17:46
You would have thought that the High Point firearms forum member status would tip most off... I am amazed that High Point has a forum. I wonder if Jensens has a posse too?!??!:D

10MMGary
01-17-10, 17:49
I love when a fake is exposed. My Son loves busting fake Marines and others that lie about their military experience. I was amazed at how easy those that actually walked the walk could take apart a poser. He ask about five or six seeming boring questions and depending on the answers he either tells me to but them a drink or tells them they had best peddle their BS elsewhere.

randolph
01-17-10, 18:59
You would have thought that the High Point firearms forum member status would tip most off... I am amazed that High Point has a forum. I wonder if Jensens has a posse too?!??!:D

did you notice where someone crossposted the info to the bersa forum also ? :D

and then called the barf.com crowd a bunch of spoiled, opinionated rich boys :D:D

tampam4
01-17-10, 19:18
Very sad and disgusting. Normally when I hear these falsified claims, I always wish the particular individual were to be actually put into those situations he claims he was in....Sort of like be careful what you wish for.

On a separate note, here is ANOTHER phony seal claim THIS TIME WITH AMAZING PHOTOSHOP SKILLS:confused:

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs127.snc3/17480_250236477849_830712849_3007879_5679038_n.jpg

Jim Sharp : NOT A Navy SEAL...
A buddy Shaun sent his exchange with Jim Sharp on Facebook who was claiming to be a SEAL.
All sorts of neat BUD/S and SEAL type pictures; you know... the ones where they ain't clear, distinguishable or recognizable and the phony claims "That's ME right there in the middle!"
All except one picture... BUSTED...
Apparently... Sharp was a Corpsman, but we're not sure. Either way, it wasn't enough to be proud of and he drops the "S" Bomb... SEAL
Wounded several times and blown up with an IED, he claims he medically retired from Team ONE but was also... You guessed it... A DEVGRU Operator...
If I would have known how easy it was to be a SEAL, just by claiming to be one, I could have saved myself a lot of punishment in BUD/S and a couple decades of misery is SEAL Team...
I feel kinda stupid now for enduring so much pain and having my family suffer from endless deployments without Daddy, when all I had to do was buy a Trident and claim I was a SEAL... Damn I'm Dumb...
I'm not alone... There are three SEALs even dumber than I am who are being Court Martialed for allegedly swelling the lip of a ruthless, murdering savage they captured in Iraq.
Lucky beyond words that they weren't all KILLED snatching "Terrorist Boy" from his bed one night, all these dumbass SEALs had to do was blow off BUD/S, "Claim to be SEALs" and they could have saved themselves a lot of trouble...

Below is a letter from Steve confirming that no Jim Sharp was ever a SEAL...

Below that.. are a few messages where Jim Sharp explains his exploits in SEAL Team...

Jim Sharp March 17, 2009 at 9:15am Report
Hey Pal! Jim here! I really don't know many guys from the old days except Marcinko,Ventura,Patches Watson, Harry humphries, you know Rudy of course. But that's about all. I only spent 7 years in the teams and Yes I have seen your mother's drawing and your dad's memoirs! At the museum! And I have to say It's damn good to know you bud! Your father was the stump to my sprouting career in the teams and I really appreciate all of those guys who did thier time,and chewed the same sand and mud I did!LOL

As far as my Dive company. It's not big its only ran by all former Navy Frogman,and Salvage Divers! So it's small and it's based in California. And the Name is Frogmen Unlimited. And the Salvage stuff I specialize in is done freelance. So I am delighted to take a job here and there. But since I am disabled from a couple gunshot's and IED explosion, I don't get around like I used to!

But I tell you what pal since your father and grandfather were my founding father's for my career.I consider you a brother! You explained the old amphib base to the T! And I am happy to have you aboard as a bro!

So here's the DEAL! Anytime you want to go trout fishing,Lake Diving in Branson,Missouri I will accomadate you! MY family is there! And also if your in Miami and want to go off shore billfishing Ill make it happen. I am a USCG licensed captain unlimited. And run charters all the time out of South Beach. Where I live. And We dive there too! It's beautiful!

I want to meet you bud! And I am not going to muster this year because of surgery I am having done. But the muster after this or if we play things by ear. We will have to group up! Sound good? Great! I can tell your a good guy. And we have serious ties together! LOL And never new it! LOL So let's keep in touch and we will get wet together sometime!

Alright Hospital Corpsman 2nd class Hm2 Sharp(SEAL)(FMF) OVER AND OUT BLUE DIVER! LOL

***************************************************************************** If the name you provided is spelled correctly, I do NOT find a listing in the SEAL Database (SEAL Teams and predecessor units from1942 to the Present Day) for anyone named JAMES “JIM” SHARP. I have also examined possible alternate spellings, and names with similar pronunciations without finding any that appear to be applicable.
Unless he has undertaken the unlikely action of a legal name change (an action for which there would be evidence in the form of court documentation) since his claimed attendance at BUD/S training, and based upon the information you have provided, I can state conclusively that JAMES “JIM” SHARP has NEVER COMPLETED SEAL training, and he is not now, nor was he ever a Navy SEAL, a Navy UDT “Frogman”, a member of any Naval Combat Demolition Unit (NCDU), or a member of the Naval Amphibious Scouts & Raiders (S&R). In point of fact there are THREE (3) men with the last name “SHARP” and TWO (2) men with the similar last name “SHARPE”

You know the drill, guys… there are a ton of questions that could be asked to determine if he was ever really assigned to any of the Teams… and to determine if he was just a pill pusher, or if he was also credentialed as a “operator”. If he claims he was an operator, but didn’t have to go through training because he was a Corpsman (FMF trained), then ask him for his specific Team assignment and dates. We have all of the Hospital Corpsmen listed who served as operators during the Vietnam era and SHARP is definitely NOT LISTED among them. If he claims later service with the Teams, then it is possible that he was a supporting medical person ASSIGNED TO a SEAL Team… but that most certainly does not make him a SEAL operator… just a medico who handed out bandaids and aspirin tablets in the Team compound. Here’s the prepared text I use when dealing with these kinds of cases:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
During the Vietnam War, BUMED (USN Bureau of Medicine) stipulated that US Navy Hospital Corpsmen were trained/tasked/required to render medical aid, assistance, and comfort to the injured, and further stipulated that US Navy Hospital Corpsmen were NOT permitted to participate in the UDT/SEAL training which was intended/designed to result in their tasking as aggressors in combat. As a result medical personnel were taken from the graduates of the Fleet Marine Force (FMF) training – Navy Hospital Corpsmen who were destined to serve with the USMC – and they were assigned to various UDT/SEAL Teams where their duties DID include going in harm’s way with SEALs in combat. Those medical men ARE LISTED in the SEAL Database and specifically annotated with the word “CORPSMAN”, and they are generally counted as “SEALs” by the SEAL OPERATORS who serve with them.

Shortly after the end of the Vietnam War, BUMED’s official position on this matter began to change. It was decided that US Navy Hospital Corpsmen who were to be assigned to the UDT/SEAL Teams must attend and successfully complete at least a portion of the BUD/S Training course. Thus the first group of FMF Hospital Corpsmen to also complete the 3rd (last) Phase of BUD/S training graduated in April 1976. Within FIVE (5) calendar years, however, ALL CORPSMEN being assigned to the UDT/SEAL Teams were required to be legitimate graduates of the full BUD/S Training course. From that point onward (i.e. roughly 1981) any Navy Hospital Corpsman who was tasked/trained for duties as a SEAL Operator (Combatant Swimmer, SEAL) was a full/complete graduate of BUD/S Training and carried the Secondary NEC of 5326.
Since that time there has been a regular need for additional medical personnel in support of the various medical departments of the various SEAL Teams, just as there was/is a need for additional personnel to support the administrative offices, the armory, the air loft, etc. of those Teams. To fill this need for “on-base” medical personnel without reducing the number of deployable SEALs who are trained as medical personnel, there have been (and will continue to be) duty assignments of NON-SEAL medical personnel to the Teams.
Anyone who shows a PRIMARY NEC of 8404 but who does NOT show a SECONDARY NEC of 5326 listed on his DD-214 was not a Navy SEAL (i.e. did not hold SEAL status/credentials). Such individuals only have status/credentials as a member of the support medical staff assigned to non-combat duty tasking with a SEAL Team. In October 2006 the Special Warfare Operator (SO) rating was created, and since that time all credentialed SEALs have a primary NEC related to their NSW tasking.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: I have just received the most recent update to my copy of the SEAL Database. Not only does it have all the latest classes in it, but it also contains the names of all WWII S&R, NCDU, UDT, and even the OSS Maritime Unit… so there is absolutely NO CHANCE that Mr. SHARP’s name has somehow been omitted in error. I might note that I have never encountered any Hospital Corpsmen who have ever used the abbreviation “HM(SEAL)(FMF)”. It’s absolutely clear to me that Mr. SHARP wants people to believe that he not only served WITH a SEAL Team, but that he is/was fully credentialed as a SEAL OPERATOR. He is NOT!
I would also point out that if he claims to know Marcinko, Patches Watson, Harry Humphries, and Rudy Boesch, and he claims to have served “7 years” with the Teams, then he would have served LONG before the term “IED” was ever used by the military. That abbreviation/acronym/nickname is a new one. Back in the day we called them by the long-name descriptives “kitchen demolitions” or “improvised explosives” or “booby traps”… never by the 3-letter acronym/term “IEDs”. I’m not sure how all those EAST COAST SEALS are his buddies if he just retired from ST-1 on the West Coast??!!

MSP "Sarge"
01-17-10, 23:10
What a clown. You SEAL guys ought to get together and put a foot in his ass.

kwelz
01-17-10, 23:32
Someone on here had a great idea a month or two ago.
Anyone who falsely claims to be in the service and have citations, should have to go out and earn everything they claim they had. Rank, Medals, everything.

Gombey
01-18-10, 02:14
You know, I'm not one that promotes violence. I actually try to avoid confrontations.....but I think these guys need to be taught a lesson. There were a few guys that claimed to be members of Omega Psi Phi. It got back to a chapter a few campuses over and well.....let's just say they stopped claiming the affiliation. Maybe something similar needs to happen!! JUST PUT IN THE WORK!!! DAMN!!!!

Iraqgunz
01-18-10, 06:02
The Stolen Valor Act makes this illegal also so there are grounds for criminal prosecution and they have been going after these douche bags.

larry0071
01-18-10, 09:17
The Stolen Valor Act makes this illegal also so there are grounds for criminal prosecution and they have been going after these douche bags.

I was going to ask, but it looks as if you kind of gave me the reply already.... My question was: Is this not impersonating a federal employee, and would it not be treated as some sort of federal crime where the person has decieved the public with false claim to be federal figuire? I would suspect at minimum there would be fines involved, of not more. Sounds like a pretty underhanded thing to do. I wonder if he somehow falsified documents and attempted to take advantage of any aid/discounts/support due to our actual military persons?

My suggestion (if I were king of The United States of Larry Land!) would be to treat him in a similar fashion as those that impersonate a LEO are treated. I don't see it as being greatly different.

dbrowne1
01-18-10, 10:46
Apparently... Sharp was a Corpsman, but we're not sure. Either way, it wasn't enough to be proud of and he drops the "S" Bomb... SEAL
[/B]

I'm an outsider here (never served in the military) but it seems like there are a lot of folks from across all generations who served in some capacity, often honorably and even in combat, but feel the need to exaggerate in this way. It just seems like many of the people I've run across, from an old brit who did serve in the RAF during WWII but couldn't have been "shot down multiple times during the Battle of Britain" based on his dates of service, to the guys who served honorably in support roles more recently but claim SEAL, SOCOM, whatever service, were in the armed forces but lie about their roles.

What's even worse is that, to a man, every service member I know that has talked about this sort of thing would respect them just the same for what they really did - if they hadn't lied.

Am I wrong, or is this common?

Shadow1198
01-19-10, 19:59
On a separate note, here is ANOTHER phony seal claim THIS TIME WITH AMAZING PHOTOSHOP SKILLS:confused:

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs127.snc3/17480_250236477849_830712849_3007879_5679038_n.jpg

Holy shit, did that dude actually p-shop that as "proof" he was a SEAL?! That's a pretty sad attempt if he did. Man, I'm a civy but, seeing shit like this ****ing pisses me off.

xjustintimex
01-19-10, 20:12
I want to be a seal, but why claim something you never earned. its more than just saying your something its the accomplishment you feel from doing it and the proud comes from that. I find it strange these people are ok with people just thinking they are seals. for those that put themselves through hell and have the necessary skills to accomplish what they did im sorry we have scumbags like them

drjavelina
03-24-10, 08:05
http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,26686.0.html

Doing a cursory search revealed this guy is from Temple, TEXAS. I hate frauds.

drjavelina. 55 years old Temple, TX. Lonely Doctor (PhD). "Retired Navy SEAL...Now employed as Federal Auditor and part time professor. ...

Looks like he likes to con lonely women
http://www.spock.com/Sammy-Ragsdale-IJLfD1MA

Since you know absolutely nothing about me, we have never met, PLUS you have never spoken to me...what FACTUAL EVIDENCE, not hearsay from someone on a blog that you read, do you have that PROVES beyond a shadow of a doubt that I was not a Navy SEAL? Your thread on this site is based on junior high school rumors and slander.

You are so damn gullible to believe any piece of shit garbage you read on some forum. Before spreading false information and total bullshit, talk to the person.

I can provide you all the information necessary to validate my credentials like the year I got my Budwiser Pin. At a minimum, I have 4 DD-214's from my 21 yr Navy career that proves my assertions. If you are ex-military, you know the information on a DD-214. The inbred moron administrators at HiPoint Forum never gave me a chance to prove myself.

Take some time to think and perform a lot of in depth due diligence before you start slandering someone with false allegations. At least communicate with the individual and review their documentary evidence over total rumors. This is another case of a "Sea Lawyer" with a bad attitude and the gullible believing the crap they read.

Littlelebowski
03-24-10, 08:12
<grabs popcorn>

John_Wayne777
03-24-10, 08:32
Alrighty then...this one took a turn. It's locked for now.

DRJavelina: Check your IM's ASAP, please.

John_Wayne777
04-16-10, 11:58
So we did due dilligence and checked this SEAL claim out.

Bogus.

Note: Those caught lying about their background WILL be banned. Permanently.

RogerinTPA
04-16-10, 12:11
Despicable.

Irish
04-16-10, 12:14
I want to be a seal, but why claim something you never earned. its more than just saying your something its the accomplishment you feel from doing it and the proud comes from that. I find it strange these people are ok with people just thinking they are seals. for those that put themselves through hell and have the necessary skills to accomplish what they did im sorry we have scumbags like them

A seal is a cute little furry marine mammal. A SEAL is a United States Naval warrior. ;)

SHIVAN
04-16-10, 12:17
Take some time to think and perform a lot of in depth due diligence before you start slandering someone with false allegations. At least communicate with the individual and review their documentary evidence over total rumors. This is another case of a "Sea Lawyer" with a bad attitude and the gullible believing the crap they read.

One of our moderators used his contacts to verify the information we were provided directly from this person. It did not check out. Due diligence complete.

VooDoo6Actual
04-16-10, 12:26
Steve Robinson and POW Network are GTG.

They perform a unrecognized and underappreciated task.

The FBI etc. are so overwhelmed w/ Terrorism, Cyber crime etc. this is very low on their radar unfortunately.

Glad to see another doucebag outed etc.

Littlelebowski
04-16-10, 12:26
Thank you, mods!

Iraqgunz
04-16-10, 12:44
For the record. I used the exact name and BUD/S class number as provided by the person in question. If he claims there is some misunderstanding its' entirely his own doing.

d90king
04-16-10, 13:06
Nice job to all those involved in exposing this douche.

rickrock305
04-16-10, 13:29
:rolleyes:

douchebag

bkb0000
04-16-10, 13:41

look at those steely eyes... that's a ma-****in KILLA right there.

Trajan
04-16-10, 13:58
That horrible photoshop is hilarious.

Almost as funny as a Hi point forum. Wow...

geezerbutler
04-16-10, 14:15
Well Raise my rent.......

Been inactive for a while, but I just had to come out of hibernation for this.

Thanks for the mods/staff having the resources to check into this BS.

What makes it even more asinine is the guy registering @ M4C to peddle some more bullshit about what all we don't know and haven't proven.

And dear goodness that PS job looks like one the many celebrities hanging out with Satan in Hell on South Park.

Remember Jesse MacBeth.......the real Fake soldier?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003895483_webmacbeth21m.html

As stated before these type of people are despicable.

STAFF
04-16-10, 14:35
We don't normally do this type of thing, but this guy is a scum bag.

Here is his e-mail to the forum Staff account:

Sammy Ragsdale <sammyragsdale@att.net>
I'll make sure you are included in my civil law suite for slander and libel.

Sent from my iPhone

We advised him to find a new hobby instead of pretending to be a SEAL.

geezerbutler
04-16-10, 14:44
LAWSUITE....ROTFL

bkb0000
04-16-10, 14:47
law sweet.

Trajan
04-16-10, 15:40
In his defense, the iphone is horrible for typing anything. At least in my short time using one. Touch pad FTL.

I still don't see peoples rational in impersonating a SOF member. In essence, you're just lying to yourself. Under any examination you will not have the knowledge of a SEAL, so why bother?

dbrowne1
04-16-10, 15:48
We don't normally do this type of thing, but this guy is a scum bag.

Here is his e-mail to the forum Staff account:

Sammy Ragsdale <sammyragsdale@att.net>
I'll make sure you are included in my civil law suite for slander and libel.

Sent from my iPhone

We advised him to find a new hobby instead of pretending to be a SEAL.

That could be a lot of fun. Tell him to file his "law suite" somewhere in Eastern Virginia so I can participate (pro bono, of course) and bring ... I don't know, 100 or so A/D SEALs from VA Beach ... as witnesses to testify to the fact that he is, in fact, a lying douchebag.

C4IGrant
04-16-10, 15:59
That could be a lot of fun. Tell him to file his "law suite" somewhere in Eastern Virginia so I can participate (pro bono, of course) and bring ... I don't know, 100 or so A/D SEALs from VA Beach ... as witnesses to testify to the fact that he is, in fact, a lying douchebag.

This is great! No need to have the SEAL's be witnesses, just have them wait outside for him. :D

C4

SW-Shooter
04-16-10, 16:40
I wish I would have saved the pm he sent me. Telling me he has proof he was one. I could care less about the proof, I was simply spreading the word from another website.

OOOP's I did save it:

drjavelina Offline
Banned

Hi...
Since you know absolutely nothing about me, you have never spoken to me...what makes you think I was not a Navy SEAL?

You are so damn gullible to believe any piece of shit garbage you read on some forum. Before spreading false information and total bullshit, talk to the person.

I can provide you all the information necessary to validate my credentials. I have 4 DD-214's during my 21 yr Navy career that proves my assertations. The inbred moron administrators at HiPoint Forum never gave me a chance to prove myself.
Forward Message

bkb0000
04-16-10, 16:46
mmhmm. and in about 15 minutes, my dd214 could say i'm a ninja SF recon ranger SEAL.

randolph
04-16-10, 17:04
you think maybe he's said it so much he finally convinced himself it was true ? :confused:

kudos to the staff for outing the window licker :D

CGSteve
04-16-10, 17:12
Good job on outing him. I suspect that there are far more acting as imposters making ridiculous claims but while in the conventional forces. They in my opinion would be harder to uncover than SF members due to them being a smaller community.

They truly are despicable. If anything, I always claim I didn't do enough and fabricate nothing.

Eric Shelton
04-16-10, 17:22
What kills me is that these idiots think they won't get caught. I've never made any bones about being anything other than a REMF, but I've known enough of the real guys to sniff out a fake pretty quickly. 9 times out of 10 I think they've never even been active duty in any service, else they'd get certain terminology correct. I caught some knucklehead on another forum years back claiming to have won the "Medal of Valor"... Too stupid to look up the name of the medal he'd posted a picture of, I guess, and just read what was printed on the photo. :rolleyes:

Then there was the guy at my local wings joint who claimed to be former SF when we stopped there in uniform on a lunch run. A loud-mouthed, rude Cricket phone salesman. I asked him if he knew Gary Gordon or Randy Shughart and he claimed he'd talked to Randy just last week. Needless to say I ripped him up one side and down the other in front of his coworkers he was trying to impress.

Like I said, I'm a REMF. But I have waaaay too much respect for our guys downrange to let somebody get away with that garbage. My thanks to everyone here for the like-mindedness.

SHIVAN
04-16-10, 17:28
The guy we busted at work, officially through HR, did the same routine about wanting to file a lawsuit that we were trumping up bad intel on his status as a SEAL, etc, etc. We had to terminate him because he outright lied on his app and we caught him through a basic background check. We were never sued.

Imagine that...

SeriousStudent
04-16-10, 17:40
And the signal to noise ratio gets that much better, with that scumbag gone.

Many thanks to the mods and NSW folks that added much-needed chlorine to the pool.

And I agree with Grant. I'd pay bank money, just to watch him fill his drawers running into the real thing. ;)

Hmm....Temple is not that far from here.....:D

brianc3
04-16-10, 17:44
Most of the guys who are the real deal don't talk about it. I worked with a guy for a few years before another co-worker told me that this guy was SF in Vietnam (and yes it was legit) he never bragged or beat his chest about it.

GermanSynergy
04-16-10, 23:24
Wow.... Do these morons understand how easy it is to verify or dispell their claims/credentials?

We had an individual in one of my former MP companies that reported to the unit with an incredible array of awards, decorations, etc. The epitome of a PX hero. Turns out he never completed Airborne school, yet he wore the badge in his Class A's.

ThirdWatcher
04-16-10, 23:42
Anyone know where the Lorcin forum is? :D

762xIan
04-16-10, 23:57
If you ever want a good read...(that will make you want to strangle someone) I highly recommend "Stolen Valor" by B.G. Burkett

Short Description: Stolen Valor : How the Vietnam Generation Was Robbed of Its Heroes and Its History......The authors expose phony heroes who have become the object of award winning documentaries on national television, liars and fabricators who have become best selling authors, and others who have based their careers on non-existent Vietnam service.

I believe a lot of his work and exposing of frauds is what the Stolen Valor Act wound up being based on.

jaxman7
04-17-10, 00:00
I never had a lot of exposure to SEALs. Spent some time with some in Airborne School at Benning and I am former Army not Navy. Anyway, my point is the guy is wearing ACUs in the pic and not desert BCUs or Marpat. That makes it a little obvious unless I am showing my ignorance about some teams choosing to wear army uniforms which doesn't make any sense. But I've been wrong before.

militarymoron
04-17-10, 00:32
Anyway, my point is the guy is wearing ACUs in the pic and not desert BCUs or Marpat.

this is a photo of Navy SEAL Michael A. Monsoor, who posthumously received the MOH.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/SEAL_Michael_A._Monsoor.jpg

jaxman7
04-17-10, 00:57
this is a photo of Navy SEAL Michael A. Monsoor, who posthumously received the MOH.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/SEAL_Michael_A._Monsoor.jpg

Roger that militarymoron. Like I said been wrong before. I knew I shouldn't have posted that and someone was going to make me look 'ignunt'! Ha ha That poser still sucks though! Would like to know what happened to Monsoor. I'll have to do some digging. Thanks.

militarymoron
04-17-10, 01:19
here you go: http://www.navyseals.com/michael-monsoor

Glad the fake was outed - good job Iraqgunz. Fakes dishonour the sacrifices that men like Monsoor have made for this country.

geezerbutler
04-17-10, 01:20
The guy we busted at work, officially through HR, did the same routine about wanting to file a lawsuit that we were trumping up bad intel on his status as a SEAL, etc, etc. We had to terminate him because he outright lied on his app and we caught him through a basic background check. We were never sued.

Imagine that...

That's funny because in my second post lambasting his "Law Suite" against these **Un-American SEAL Deniers**:D I thought about giving the fictitious results of a of what an Accurint check might report on an ass hat such as this......

"Definitely NOT a SEAL"

kry226
04-17-10, 07:02
I never had a lot of exposure to SEALs. Spent some time with some in Airborne School at Benning and I am former Army not Navy. Anyway, my point is the guy is wearing ACUs in the pic and not desert BCUs or Marpat. That makes it a little obvious unless I am showing my ignorance about some teams choosing to wear army uniforms which doesn't make any sense. But I've been wrong before.

Uniform consistency is a funny thing in theater, especially considering the time of service. In 05-06, I had Army engineers attached to us in DCUs, begging me for ACUs that I couldn't give them. While attached Naval EWOs showed up in ACUs from the States. Go figure. But more importantly, SOF guys are going to wear what they feel they need to in order to accomplish their own mission parameters in regards to the many tactical situations they find themselves in.

Most of my buddies are Rangers (I'm not), but the more they tried to "blend in" in-and-around the AOR, the more they stood out. It was almost of comical proportions.

RogerinTPA
04-17-10, 07:31
If you ever want a good read...(that will make you want to strangle someone) I highly recommend "Stolen Valor" by B.G. Burkett

Short Description: Stolen Valor : How the Vietnam Generation Was Robbed of Its Heroes and Its History......The authors expose phony heroes who have become the object of award winning documentaries on national television, liars and fabricators who have become best selling authors, and others who have based their careers on non-existent Vietnam service.

I believe a lot of his work and exposing of frauds is what the Stolen Valor Act wound up being based on.

Exactly. When my dad came home from VN after his 3rd tour, everyone was a green beret or cia sniper. Now everyone is a SEAL, Delta/Marine Sniper. Every war and every service, has there assclowns.

Ed L.
04-17-10, 08:11
Someone claiming to be a former Navy SEAL on a Highpoint firearms forum?

Seems like the punchline to a bad joke.

I'm still amazed that highpoint has a forum to begin with and with so many posts, including winners like this one:

"ok so i waent back to the range today with my hp 45, i have to say that i preformed much much better this time, i did have a few fte/ftf/ and some nose up jams. and one trying to chamber under a spent round but not nearly as bad as before, i started off with only shooting three rnds in the mag at once and slowly worked up to 7 awsome grouping by the way i was very impresed my maxim distance was around 14 feet and less, just trying to adjust the sites and get it just right, i was doing some cc techniques draw 2 quick shots and re holster, did fine with that but when i put a few more rnds in the mag is when i started haveing some issues, but maybe i just need to keep at it and let it break in a little more, note that it was much better than the firs time and i did make some adjustments to the mag but trying to figure out was is causing the nose up jam, and some feeding issues, thanks to all that respond.":rolleyes:

jaxman7
04-17-10, 09:11
About Navy SEAL Michael Monsoor:

During Mike Monsoor's funeral in San Diego, as his coffin was being moved from the hearse to the grave site at Ft. Rosecrans National Cemetery, SEALs were lined up on both sides of the pallbearers route forming a column of two's, with the coffin moving up the center. As Mike's coffin passed, each SEAL, having removed his gold Trident from his uniform, slapped it down embedding the Trident in the wooden coffin. The slaps were audible from across the cemetery; by the time the coffin arrived grave side, it looked as though it had a gold inlay from all the Tridents pinned to it. This was a fitting send-off for a warrior hero.

This made me choke up.

MOA
04-17-10, 09:55
The Monsoor thing makes me proud to know there are still people like that out there.

Possers disgust me. I have no military service. I tried to enlist but cant do to injuries from football/wrestling. I would give anything to just be a grunt. I am the first generationin my family not to serve.

Al U. 5811
04-17-10, 12:33
There are a few others I like to see outed, well they sort of have been. Luckily they don't belong to this forum, but a few still support them.

jb7304
04-17-10, 14:50
Thanks for exposing this clown. These guys never cease to amaze me. I served in a helicopter squadron in the US Navy during peace time and although I was not a SEAL, I'm proud of my service.

John_Wayne777
04-17-10, 17:40
Service in any capacity is honorable. I like to believe that this forum is populated primarily by adults, meaning that the vast majority of us should understand that everyone has a role to play. SEALs couldn't be SEALs without support from a lot of other folks. Whatever you service was, rest assured that at least here on M4Carbine.net it is appreciated whether you served in a tier one unit, repaired important equipment, or kept the guys on the front line suplied with the necessities...it was all necessary to accomplish the mission.

Nobody should feel the need to fib about their time in the military. Be porud of what you did.

Bolt_Overide
04-17-10, 18:06
I jumped outta planes but that was about it, the rest of what I had planned to do was cut short by injuries, so Ill never know if I would have made it or not.

But guys like this make me sick, there's nothing dishonorable in not being some high speed low drag individual, all service is honorable, doesn't matter if its being a cook, or CAG.

GermanSynergy
04-17-10, 18:16
I jumped outta planes but that was about it, the rest of what I had planned to do was cut short by injuries, so Ill never know if I would have made it or not.

But guys like this make me sick, there's nothing dishonorable in not being some high speed low drag individual, all service is honorable, doesn't matter if its being a cook, or CAG.

You're right. I had alot of respect for our BN cooks in the 720th. Those guys put in some LONG hours, and it's one of the most thankless jobs in the military. When we went to the field, we even let some of the cooks do MOUT/FIBUA and convoy ops with us and they had a blast.

mcurrier
04-17-10, 18:44
you think maybe he's said it so much he finally convinced himself it was true ? :confused:

George Costanza.

Exactly. When my dad came home from VN after his 3rd tour, everyone was a green beret or cia sniper. Now everyone is a SEAL, Delta/Marine Sniper. Every war and every service, has there assclowns.

I was in Nam. I was Special Forces. I was Agent Orange. :rolleyes:

kmrtnsn
04-17-10, 19:52
Cook? No way, sustenance preparation engineers maybe but cooks? No way in hell. A cook knows how to prepare food.

mkemmerl
04-17-10, 19:59
Uh oh, this guy may be telling the truth. They even made an action figure out of him!

http://home.roadrunner.com/~thekemmerlings/NAVY_SEAL_TEAM10.jpg

chg380
04-17-10, 22:57
I will never understand why people have to lie about their service, SpecOp's guys are a special breed and deserve the upmost respect. The sacrifices they make are unbelivable. What bothers me the most about this guy is that if he had 21 years of honorable service as an HM, why bullshit about being a SEAL. He would get the respect of a retired service member. But now he is going to get no respect from anyone. As far as I am concerned he is an assclown that needs to go to Leavenworth. All gave some but Some gave all. He and the others like him do not deserve to call themselves servicemen.

HK51Fan
04-18-10, 00:18

During Mike Monsoor's funeral in San Diego, as his coffin was being moved from the hearse to the grave site at Ft. Rosecrans National Cemetery, SEALs were lined up on both sides of the pallbearers route forming a column of two's, with the coffin moving up the center. As Mike's coffin passed, each SEAL, having removed his gold Trident from his uniform, slapped it down embedding the Trident in the wooden coffin. The slaps were audible from across the cemetery; by the time the coffin arrived grave side, it looked as though it had a gold inlay from all the Tridents pinned to it. This was a fitting send-off for a warrior hero.

This made me choke up.

I can't begin to explain how much that photo means to me....I have no affiliation with him, but the comradary and respect is something we all strive for.....once again showing it's not the mission, but the men next to you that you fight for!!

God Bless him and his Family....

Regards,

R

STAFF
04-21-10, 16:16
Here is his latest e-mail to us:

just left my lawyer's office with a copy of this e-mail. His learned opinion is that you are digging yourself deeper and deeper into a hole of no return. He is a member of your blog under 2 different alias' and is monitoring everything being written on the thread. He has copies of everything. It might be a good idea if YOUR FREE attorney knew about the threats you have leveled in your last e-mail, as well as the name calling and libel you continue. I am requesting that this thread be removed as well as any mention of my name.

Just for the record, you need a better, more updated database to use when you are cconducting your due diligence to report on your blog.

FACTS:

I did graduate from one of the last SEAL classes at NAB Little Creek
I am 62 years old and have nothing to gain from making false statements
I am a retired Navy Master Chief Petty Officer

Abraxas
04-21-10, 16:29

meh:rolleyes:

randolph
04-21-10, 17:10

rut~row...

you guys are in deep doo-doo :p

SW-Shooter
04-21-10, 17:29
Sammy J Ragsdale is actually 55 years old and lives in Temple, Texas. He is a HAM radio operator callsign KB5YYX. He is also on the library board in temple. Do you really want me to waste time and dig into every aspect of this guys life. He is an auditor for the OIG FTC. It shows he married J**y in 1973, but has quite a few single women friends on Hi5, so she may have divorced him. He is a Mason as well. He posts on Glocktalk, Texas guntalk, defensive carry, and many other gun boards.

Marriage --http://files.usgwarchives.net/tx/jimwells/vitals/marriages/1973/jimwem73.txt
his chickie snacks--http://search.intelius.com/Sammy-Ragsdale-IJLfD1MA

This took 5 minutes. Do you really want me to waste time on you poser?

Grayling14
04-21-10, 18:13
Definitely dishonorable and reprehensible, but not really a surprise is it? Many people want to be more than what they truly perceive themselves to be, even if that means stooping to lies and deception. Inevitably, such individuals are exposed for the frauds that they are, and thereby suffer the humiliation and disgrace that they have brought upon themselves. If you think about it logically he is just following what, unfortunately, seems to be a societal norm in this country: that honor, personal responsibility and adherence to a higher moral code are tenets that are outmoded and often ridiculed. Hey, 95% our elected officials claim to care about our country and want what is best for the citizens, but obviously those are blatant lies, as is evidence by their public statements and the legislation that they support.

10MMGary
04-21-10, 18:36
Please don't ban this ass hat, I would love to read of his adventures as a SEAL. Also I wonder if I buy the action figure and mail it to him with return postage if he'll sign the box for me. BTW he must be legitimate otherwise how would he get his own action figure:D . Something else I am wondering about, if his lawyer is on here with two aliases does he have to pay him twice as much as a lawyer with a single alias:confused:.

Oscar 319
04-21-10, 18:59

This made me choke up.

Goose bumps, man.

To the lawyers allegedly keeping tabs for Mr. Sammy J. Phony****s law "suite", please tell him I said go to hell.

Fantastic follow-up STAFF.

Eddiesketti
04-21-10, 19:22
Having served proudly for 5 years in the Army, i can say a few things about stolen valor douchebags (aka PX Rangers).
1. People who boast about military service were usually never there.
2. If they brag, 95% chance that they didn't do what they said.

I am 62 years old and have nothing to gain from making false statements
You have everything to lose by making false statements.

VooDoo6Actual
04-21-10, 19:40
Easy day,

BUDS Class # & swim buddy's name.

What color is the boathouse @ Hereford ?

variablebinary
04-21-10, 20:51
Service in any capacity is honorable.

I have to agree. It takes heart and guts to sign your life away for God and country. Doesnt matter if you work in the motor-pool, supply, or infantry.

Yes SEALS, Rangers, Delta, and SF get the glory and street cred, but they cant do what they do without a great support structure made up of good people in uniform

Why anyone would want to pretend they are something they aren't is beyond me, especially in the information age where information moves incredibly fast and fakes out outed with the quickness

And this is freaking cool...

http://www.xl-shop.com/xlshop/product_images/OTHER/ST_NAVY_SEAL_TEAM10.jpg

Avenger29
04-22-10, 00:34

Yes, there is a forum for Jennings, Bryco, etc. The members on the forum are all very proud of their bargain, "just as good as Glocks at a fraction of the price" potmetal guns.

Falsifying service records is nothing new. I know it happened during the Revolutionary War period, especially when soldiers went to apply for pensions.

BrianS
04-22-10, 02:06
Whoever did the action figure photoshop... well played.

:p

parishioner
04-22-10, 02:32
Something else I am wondering about, if his lawyer is on here with two aliases does he have to pay him twice as much as a lawyer with a single alias:confused:.

You don't have to two "aliases"(usernames) to be able to read a thread here. You don't even need one of them. :rolleyes:

I almost feel sorry for the poor guy since he's so insecure and mentally unstable that he has to lie about something like this.

Almost.

perna
04-22-10, 03:01
First of all a lawyer would tell him NOT to contact the staff here, the lawyer would if the staff needed to be contacted.

Secondly he said there is 2 aliases just in case the staff said they found his "lawyer" he can say there is still another.

Third, if he had any case or was a SEAL he would want the slander and liable to continue so he could make more money from his "suite".

He is just using his fake lawyer to try to get this to stop, and I am glad the staff here let it continue so his lies haunt him for the rest of his days.

Army Chief
04-22-10, 04:35
Most of the guys who are the real deal don't talk about it.

I'm not sure how this simple truth is so often overlooked. As soon as the vehement "rebuttal in blue" was posted, it was painfully apparent that this was little more than a sad hoax.

Operators don't talk about their status because they have no need to do so. Their peers recognize and understand, and the general population isn't really capable of either. Most of the SEALs I've worked with over the years wouldn't care in the slightest what we, or any other online community, believed, and if the noise level ever did reach the point where it was actually distracting to them, they would simply ask one of their brothers with a known affiliation to the site to set the record straight. Any other approach pretty much screams "I require validation," which is proof positive that you are dealing with a fraud.

AC

perna
04-22-10, 05:49
Seems like if it was a mistake he guy would go to the source of who unvalidated him and clear it up, instead of going to each website with the posts about it. The site that condemned him can easily clear him.

Rider79
04-22-10, 06:55
What color is the boathouse @ Hereford ?

"How the **** should I know?" :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1MkjmbdHUM&feature=related

SIGguy229
04-22-10, 08:23
Sammy J Ragsdale is actually 55 years old and lives in Temple, Texas. He is a HAM radio operator callsign KB5YYX. He is also on the library board in temple. Do you really want me to waste time and dig into every aspect of this guys life. He is an auditor for the OIG FTC. It shows he married J**y in 1973, but has quite a few single women friends on Hi5, so she may have divorced him. He is a Mason as well. He posts on Glocktalk, Texas guntalk, defensive carry, and many other gun boards.

Marriage --http://files.usgwarchives.net/tx/jimwells/vitals/marriages/1973/jimwem73.txt

On DefensiveCarry, he still claims to be a AGCM (Master Chief Aerographer - A WEATHER GUY)...nothing in his posts or profile indicate SpecWarfare experience...but will take note of his kommando status....claims the signature line of "The Doc"....umm....ok

GermanSynergy
04-22-10, 21:30
Someone claiming to be a former Navy SEAL on a Highpoint firearms forum?

Seems like the punchline to a bad joke.

I'm still amazed that highpoint has a forum to begin with and with so many posts, including winners like this one:

:rolleyes:

Thats so funny :D

Gombey
04-22-10, 22:59
On DefensiveCarry, he still claims to be a AGCM (Master Chief Aerographer - A WEATHER GUY)...nothing in his posts or profile indicate SpecWarfare experience...but will take note of his kommando status....claims the signature line of "The Doc"....umm....ok

What's his tag on DefensiveCarry?

SW-Shooter
04-22-10, 23:38
What's his tag on DefensiveCarry?

drjavelina , it's the same on every forum. I believe someone started a thread about outing a poser on that site, they never did say who though. I'm not registered there so I'm not sure who did.

perna
04-23-10, 00:11
On USA carry:

* About drjavelina

Biography
Retired US Navy...Master Chief Aerographer's Mate, a weather forecaster.
State / Location
Texas
Interests
reloading, skiing, spending time with grand kids and teaching them to shoot.
Occupation
Senior Auditor USDA
Carry Gun
S&W Sigma VE 40
Affiliations
NRA Life Member
AF&AM Lodge #1446

* Signature

Sam Ragsdale
AGCM(AW/SW) USN-Ret
NRA Life Member

Iraqgunz
04-23-10, 10:57
I stand by my sources. I used information that was provided DIRECTLY to me from drjavelina. For the record. The BUD/S class number that he provided meant that he would have had to attended training in 1959. He clearly told me that he went through training in 1971.

He needs to shut his d*ck suckers. I am wondering if this may not be a possible Stolen Valor Act case?

mattjmcd
04-23-10, 11:11
I can provide you all the information necessary to validate my credentials like the year I got my Budwiser Pin.

"Budwiser pin"?

For real, dude?!?! :rolleyes::D

Why is it that so many guys from Finance, or whatever can never just be proud of their service without having to inflate it or make shit up out of thin air?

Littlelebowski
04-23-10, 11:13
Sigmas and Hi Points. The man spares no expense :D

bkb0000
04-23-10, 11:29
"Budwiser pin"?

For real, dude?!?! :rolleyes::D

Why is it that so many guys from Finance, or whatever can never just be proud of their service without having to inflate it or make shit up out of thin air?

dont be jealous that he has one and you dont.

here's mine. honest.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0a/US_Navy_SEALs_insignia.png/200px-US_Navy_SEALs_insignia.png

this proves i'm an internet SEAL.

Ga Shooter
04-23-10, 11:34
How can you find out if someone has been a SEAL? I had a guy work for me for a while that claimed to be a SEAL, but after a few of his stories and the way he acted I think he is full of crap. When I do employee background checks I can never find out about what they did in the service and sometimes I cannot even find out if they were ever in.

The_Dude
04-23-10, 12:12
The fact that people get on here and compete in this online dick measuring contest is entertaining. Its an online forum. You don't win any awards, all you can do it try to impress someone with a title and a story.

If you are a SEAL, I doubt you have to make yourself feel better by logging on to a chatroom/forum and telling people you are one bad mofo.

Yeah, the old guy may be full of hot air and crazier than a shit house rat. But if you believed him in the first place about being a SEAL, then you're the fool. I bet DRjavelina is getting the last laugh, being that he duped all these people to begin with.

I thought this forum was for posting about rifle stuff? :confused:

And for any law enforcement that gets on here, showin off creds/badges and trying to impress people, its time to pull your head out of your ass.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/11/nyregion/11about.html

Suddenly, Officer Ettienne was being held to the words that he wrote in cyberspace.

Why anyone would want to get on here and let people know you are law enforcement is like a teenager who just got his driver's license and wants to show off by driving around his parent's car. You're not really going to impress anyone, and its better to keep it to yourself. Is your career really worth a chatroom/forum?

just my .02

Riley~~~

Iraqgunz
04-23-10, 13:37
I used the "network". In your case if you are doing an employee background check you simply tell the person that they need to provide a copy of their DD214. It will show their MOS, training, awards, etc....

How can you find out if someone has been a SEAL? I had a guy work for me for a while that claimed to be a SEAL, but after a few of his stories and the way he acted I think he is full of crap. When I do employee background checks I can never find out about what they did in the service and sometimes I cannot even find out if they were ever in.

John_Wayne777
04-23-10, 13:53

It is...and to ensure good information we offer a vetting process for those who are going to claim on this board that they have some sort of significant background that would give their opinions more weight than the guy whose experience with guns comes primarily from Xbox.

That's why we have IP and SME designations, so the people who know stuff can be recognized as such.

We have too many of the real deal guys participating here to just ignore it when some chowderhead shows up and claims to be something he isn't.

SIGguy229
04-23-10, 17:19

http://veriseal.org/quarterdeck.html

Give these folks a shout...they tend to ferret out liars and posers....

jklaughrey
04-23-10, 17:33
Being a former 8404 and serving honorably, I am ashamed that a fellow 8404 would not only disgrace himself but our code of ethics as the "healers" and "caregivers" of our fallen brethren in arms. Utterly shameful!

Safetyhit
04-23-10, 17:53
Yeah, the old guy may be full of hot air and crazier than a shit house rat. But if you believed him in the first place about being a SEAL, then you're the fool. I bet DRjavelina is getting the last laugh, being that he duped all these people to begin with.

First, while an idiot, the man is certainly not reveling in his one dimensional, ultra-negative spotlight. He is in damage control mode because he got caught.

Second, you are posting in a general discussion forum about an issue of interest to service members as well as the general populace.

SW-Shooter
04-25-10, 18:13
just keeping this in circulation.

Magic_Salad0892
04-26-10, 22:35
This man is disgusting.

>:(

chadbag
03-24-12, 12:34
Here is a former SEAL suing those who claim to be for damaging his business:

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2012/mar/20/4/lawsuit-newest-weapon-against-fake-seals-ar-382858/?utm_source=March+24+BTW&utm_campaign=BTW+Mar+3&utm_medium=email

--

Abraxas
03-25-12, 11:30
Here is a former SEAL suing those who claim to be for damaging his business:

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2012/mar/20/4/lawsuit-newest-weapon-against-fake-seals-ar-382858/?utm_source=March+24+BTW&utm_campaign=BTW+Mar+3&utm_medium=email

--I can't stand posers, I hope he wins.

Voodoo_Man
03-25-12, 11:45
Would it not be a better course of action to ignore and dismiss these "posers" comments. Disregarding them completely once "outed" and not giving them the attention/fame they want?

Just my opinion on the matter.

HES
03-25-12, 13:28
I would have to disagree. Yes we know better. But now consider the gullible general public. In light of that I think that the law suits are a great tool

Abraxas
03-25-12, 18:27
Would it not be a better course of action to ignore and dismiss these "posers" comments. Disregarding them completely once "outed" and not giving them the attention/fame they want?

Just my opinion on the matter.

Only if it includes throwing their ass in jail. There needs to be a penalty for this kind of shit, especially if they are profiting from it.

QuietShootr
03-25-12, 20:40

It had to be a ham. I thought I smelled whacker.

Voodoo_Man
03-25-12, 20:54
Only if it includes throwing their ass in jail. There needs to be a penalty for this kind of shit, especially if they are profiting from it.

I completely agree.

Then again, I was never a seal so I cannot speak on their behalf. If someone posed as one, they would have some answering to do to a bunch of nasty mofos in the middle of the night.

Reagans Rascals
03-25-12, 21:08

[/B]

the fact he actually dishonored that man by photo shoping himself into that photo, makes me sick.

If I were a 5326 I would be flattered that a man views my life with such accomplishment that he is willing to go to those lengths just to get a taste of the high-life.....

those types of individuals have to suffer from some type of severe mental disease or defect.... because they truly believe the shit they are shoveling... I would almost bet that if you were to admin a polygraph to them, that they would actually pass with flying colors... because they truly believe what they've fabricated is true.... but that's still no excuse...

I was under the impression that California just passed legislation stating that its perfectly legal is engage in Fraudulent Valor theft.... and vote the Stolen Valor act as unenforceable... I believe that was within the last 1-2 years... after a SEAL claimer presented an MOH as his own... but was not prosecuted

here's a few other goodies....

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=24149

this is my personal favorite... we should all feel safer because he's on watch....
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/jwmassaro/6.jpg