PDA

View Full Version : S&W M&P 45 Midsize

N.Y.45 ACP
01-17-10, 19:07
QUOTE=C4IGrant;494488]IMHO, the mid-framed M&P 45 (with 4" slide) might be the best 45 CCW gun made.

I have just ordered one of these for myself.

C4[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking of getting a 45 and I'm undecided if i should go with the FS or the midsize(not sure if this is the right name). The model I am referring to has a full size frame with a 4" barrel.

I would be using this as my primary ccw. I have a M&P 9 FS I carry most often now. If I resided in a free state and could have hi-cap magazines I would not be looking at a 45 but I'm in New York and restricted to 10 rounds.The 9 MM will be used for training, 3 gun and IDPA.

For those that have a M&P 45 which model do you have and how do you like it?

Has anyone found holsters to be interchangable between the FS 9 and midsize 45?

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Ed

JSantoro
01-17-10, 20:11
I have a mid-size M&P.45 (I have no idea if that's the correct term, either, but in the absence of markings on the slide telling me different. It's sure as hell NOT a .45c) and an M&P9c. The .45 conceals just fine, though the 9c is arguably easier.

Both fit and stay securely in my Comp-Tac Infidel IWB holster as well as my Raven holster (for pistol w/TLR-3 light mounted). Not sure about my Safariland, but I can think of no earthly reason to jam a compact handgun in a tactical drop-leg. Can't speak to other companies' holsters.

GLOCKMASTER
01-18-10, 07:06
I have a mid size M&P 45 and like it a lot because I find it very easy to conceal and shoot. If I'm not carrying one of my G19's I carry the M&P 45.

As far as concealment holsters for the M&P I use either a Kramer IWB,Kramer Scabbard or a Safariland ALS.

N.Y.45 ACP
01-18-10, 09:33
Riverine and JFreuler thanks for your help.

I was able to search and find some helpful info that i was looking for.

Thanks

Ed

DBH
01-18-10, 11:16
I have a full size .45 M&P and have also been thinking of purchasing a midsize for carry.

Thanks for the info.

Longhorn
01-18-10, 15:20
Riverine and JFreuler thanks for your help.

I was able to search and find some helpful info that i was looking for.

Thanks

Ed

If you didn't find this (http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=72516&an=0&page=1#72516) in your search, check it out.

maximus83
01-19-10, 00:20
I have a mid-size M&P.45 (I have no idea if that's the correct term, either, but in the absence of markings on the slide telling me different. It's sure as hell NOT a .45c) and an M&P9c. The .45 conceals just fine, though the 9c is arguably easier.

Both fit and stay securely in my Comp-Tac Infidel IWB holster as well as my Raven holster (for pistol w/TLR-3 light mounted). Not sure about my Safariland, but I can think of no earthly reason to jam a compact handgun in a tactical drop-leg. Can't speak to other companies' holsters.

I have the M&P mid-size .45 and find that it fits perfectly in the Crossbreed supertuck holster that was made for my M&P 9.

ccoker
01-19-10, 10:35
this is on my list!

skyugo
01-19-10, 19:02
grip size generally makes a much bigger difference for CCW than barrel/slide length..
i'd go with a full size and a 45C.