PDA

View Full Version : S&W mp15 or?

kgwld1
01-18-10, 10:16
I have two questions? 1. I have the optic ready model with a eotec on it do any of you guys have front and rear sight on yours besides a optic and what brand did you go with? 2. Any of you guys switch the stock hand guard for aftermarket and what did you go with. Any help would be great. Sorry for run on sentence on my blackberry and its the only way I can type.

Kentucky Cop
01-18-10, 10:37
I have two questions? 1. I have the optic ready model with a eotec on it do any of you guys have front and rear sight on yours besides a optic and what brand did you go with? 2. Any of you guys switch the stock hand guard for aftermarket and what did you go with. Any help would be great. Sorry for run on sentence on my blackberry and its the only way I can type.

Scroll down and see the 3-4 page thread on S&W M&P 15's. Towards the end of the thread there is some links to all the new rifles they have coming out with different rails and sights. Magpul, Troy...etc. Maybe this will help.

nolacopusmc
01-18-10, 11:27
I am running 2 SWMP15. One has an Aimpoint Micro T-1 on larue mount. The other has an EOtech fluch mounted.

I have Magpul MBUS on both and the MOE forend on both. I may be switching one over to a midlength rail system when Spikes drops theirs.

Ash Hess
01-18-10, 11:36
+1 here. I put the EoTech on a Larue mount and added MOE parts. I have fired 600 rounds in past few days running drills and getting everything zeroed. I did add a heavy buffer.
I will be just running a light and a foregrip so I am not adding a rail system yet. The MOE feels just as solid as the rails on my Army gun.

justin_247
01-18-10, 11:43
Magpul BUIS and MOE handguards should do the trick.

You can always add a Troy drop-in rail or DD free-float rail later if you the MOE handguards don't suit your needs.

kgwld1
01-18-10, 11:47
Thanks guys I was asking about a hand guard due to with my gun I don't have a front site just a gas block and thought maybe a long hand guard with a sight on it for a long sight radius. .

jmp45
01-18-10, 13:40
I have an OR, DD fixed front and rear, moe handguard.
http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=177

MBUS rear might be a better choice for your setup.

kgwld1
01-18-10, 17:54
Any of you guy's have pics of your setups?

Ash Hess
01-18-10, 19:16
I am going to be taking pics over next few days. I have couple things still in transit for it. then gotta remember how to post pics..... I love coming back from far away lands, hee hee

PoconoChris
01-18-10, 19:42
I too have a S&W m&p15OR. I installed a carry handle and a Midwest folding front site. I also tried a standard 2 3/4 power scope to test it accuracy. I had to put a riser to get the scope height correct.

I am saving for an eotec and will probably add a flip magnifier to use with it. I also want to get a Magpul ctr stock. I haven't decided what to change on the front hand guard yet.

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt96/Iceratphoto/IMG00033.jpg

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt96/Iceratphoto/IMG00019.jpg

kgwld1
01-18-10, 20:17
Thanks guys for the responses and the pics are great. Keep them coming! I'd love to see some tricked out ones. I really enjoy this weapon.