PDA

View Full Version : Raven Concealment Holster Question

Gutshot John
01-18-10, 17:58
Does anyone know if a Raven holster for the long slide M&P would also fit the standard model? Especially if it's a light mount holster?

JackOSU
01-19-10, 17:20
I could be wrong on this, but I'd say probably not due to the very intriquet and tightly molded fit around each and every curve. If you have one that fits for an X300 etc you can notice even slight differences with having the U/P or the locking bar etc on a Glock for example. I've seen small differences like this not create the proper fit needed. My experiences are with a G19, but from others that I've seen it will more than likely not work.

readyme
01-20-10, 00:40
An option would be to call them and discuss a slide version on their holster (open bottom) to fit multiple models....could work :confused:

Roy
01-20-10, 15:52
My Raven for my G22 fits my G19 and my G23 with out probs. they lock in off the trigger guard so all that is below that is just spacing. same is true for my 34 x300 combo.

Gutshot John
01-20-10, 19:17
An option would be to call them and discuss a slide version on their holster (open bottom) to fit multiple models....could work :confused:

Actually when you said that I went back to their storefront and they have an option for custom work so I'm going to give it a try.

Good Call. :cool:

JSantoro
01-21-10, 01:00
I've got a .45 mid and a 9c; got a RCS holster specifically for the .45 with a TLR-3 on it. It retains the 9c with the same light mounted, despite the noticeably shorter slide, since the retention is built around whatever light you have, and not the gun.

I'd hazard to guess that the same would apply in your case, but you're right to confirm and see about customization.

PPGMD
01-21-10, 08:42
Don't know about the M&P since I don't own one. But I can say that a Glock 17 RCS holster with light will hold a Glock 19 with light, and a Sig P226 RCS holster with light can hold a Sig P229 with light.

JackOSU
01-22-10, 01:20
Well I must be retarded b/c I tried a G17 and my G19 with X300 and it didn't seem to lock in as well for retention if you will. Glad this may work out. That would be nice since I'm in the market for a 17 due to overall bigger size for my gorilla mits. Thanks gents.

readyme
01-22-10, 14:05
In general, do you guys like your Raven holsters?
I am considering one for my Sig P228, but am a little hesitant since I have never seen one in person, and they are a little on the spendy side.

PPGMD
01-22-10, 15:13
I am considering one for my Sig P228, but am a little hesitant since I have never seen one in person, and they are a little on the spendy side.

I currently have 4 holsters, two mag pouches, and a light holder. I currently have one more holster, mag pouch, and a light holder on order.

They make kick ass stuff IMO. Probably the best concealment kydex on the market.

Mark71
01-22-10, 15:26

Raven Concealment IMO is by far the best kydex holsters on the market. Quality is top notch and they are very comfortable. I have since sold my other kydex holsters and use nothing but RCS gear.