PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered bcm hf mid length

the Bamster
01-19-10, 01:02
does anyone have one? What are your impressions? For $299 seems a fair price. I would say there made by daniels Defence, DD barrel barrel is listed at $436 and no photo. My thoughts is that its the same barrel. Any thoughts?

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-BFH-16-Mid-Length-Barrel-Stripped-p/bcm-brl-s-mid-16%20bfh.htm

nickdrak
01-19-10, 02:44
Not the same. Not made by DD.

the BCM CHF barrels are some of the best chrome lined barrels on the market right now, and are probably the absolute best bargain going right now on a top shelf barrel. I picked one up for myself also.

Col_Crocs
01-19-10, 05:35
NOpe not the same. BCMs are top notch though.

the Bamster
01-19-10, 09:40
Thanks guys, I think the barrel is the heart of the rifle so I have looked around for a while for the right one. Used to have A class 3 colt full auto sbr about 17 years ago, wish I still had it. I thought the $1500 dollars I gave for it then was high, never thought I could have bought a car and an ar if I still had it. Moving it from state to state legally got to be a real pain. Our glorious leader has me wanting again and this website has me wanting to start shooting again......a real friendly place....good people. So far I have a Spikes lower, real nice for $89 and a mega upper. Have two kids now and a house payment so its going part by part.

Col_Crocs
01-19-10, 18:05
Ya, that f/a sbr wouldve made for a good investment. :)
Well, if naturally patient to begin with, going part by part may be the best way to go about it. See how you ended up with the right barrel? :) It should play to your advantage when looking for a stock, rail, optics and everything else.
Welcome to the site. Lots of good info and lots of experienced people more than willing to help.

the Bamster
01-19-10, 18:27
Thanks, think I,ll go for a bill Springfield lpk next

Col_Crocs
01-19-10, 18:53
Just checked it out... Ive never heard of the guy nor his products/service before but it looks interesting. I like how he works off standard FCGs. Fair priced as well, I think.
Here's a link to Geissele triggers on Rainier Arms.
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop%2Fmanufacturer&manufacturer=45
A bit pricey. I dont have personal experience with any of their triggers but a friend has a set and really likes it.

Keesh
01-19-10, 23:23
Not the same. Not made by DD.

As far as I know BCM doesn't have a hammer forging machine...DD and Ruger are the only two manufactures in the US that own them. Maybe I'm wrong?

Also, in regards to the Bill Springfield trigger work, I love mine. Best money I spent on an AR 'accessory.'

the Bamster
01-19-10, 23:42
there might be another co. or two now, I have noticed the price has come down and they seem more plentiful. As for if it's really worth the extra change or not I don't know. I try to get the best I can afford. I am really stuck on a mid length due to it being easier on the bolt exc. and a little more pleasant to shoot.

nickdrak
01-19-10, 23:46
FN also produces cold hammer forged barrels in the US.

the Bamster
01-23-10, 09:18
I would like to thank Bravo Co. for there excellent service, WOW! they got my order shipped fast. The barrel seems to be of the highest quality, it will make a fine club till I can complete my project.

SeriousStudent
01-23-10, 11:19
+1 on the great service from BCM, I have had nothing but accurate, speedy deliveries.

Have you picked up a bolt carrier group and charging handle yet? The BCM full-auto BCG is very nice, and the BCM Gunfighter medium CH has also received high marks.

I'm in the "This month I buy these parts" club as well. ;) I've started keeping an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of what I need for which carbine - LOL.

And I'm sorry to hear you had to sell your Colt SBR, that's painful. I cringe to think about the stuff I sold to pay my son's medical bills years ago. But I'd rather have him than the guns.

usmcvet
01-23-10, 18:12
I am sure you will love you bbl. I went that way because of the claim of increased accuracy and bbl life. It was worth the $100 extra I spent.

+1 on BCM. I have purchased 2 uppers from them an LMT 10.5 and BFH BCM 11.5. A pair of their BCM BCG's too one by itself and one with the BCM upper. When you buy it that way a standard charging handel is almost free. BCM has great gear and great pricing with, wicked quick shipping.

dookie1481
01-24-10, 02:40
As far as I know BCM doesn't have a hammer forging machine...DD and Ruger are the only two manufactures in the US that own them. Maybe I'm wrong?

Also, in regards to the Bill Springfield trigger work, I love mine. Best money I spent on an AR 'accessory.'

In a post on this site, Paul alluded to the barrels being made by FN.

Jay