PDA

View Full Version : LMT tac latch vs. BCM Gunfighter

Mung
01-19-10, 14:42
Sorry, another BCM Gunfighter charging handle thread.

LMT- I can get it for $24.00 with LE discount.

I remember when they came out a while ago they were the hot item. Haven't heard anything about them lately.

BCM- $45.00

I know they're the thing now, and I've toyed with one for a bit and do like how they feel.

So since I'll be buying 2, I can save $40 going with the LMT. Any reason not to? Are the BCM that much better? Any reliabilty problems with the LMT?

Thanks.

SPDGG
01-19-10, 14:47
IMHO: Both are GTG & Top Notch, Cant go wrong with either. Have a couple LMT Tac. Latch & BCM GF Mod 4, but between the two I prefer/like the latch & design of the BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 :D.

fwiw: Never had any issues with the LMT Tact. Latch with and without gloves.

???: Would I change out an existing functioning AR rifle that has a LMT Tac. Latch Charging Handle? . . . .Always an option, but I see no reason to, its a great product & gets it done.

BUT, for a new build I'd spend a few bucks more & get the BCM GF Mod ___. With that said I will only buy the BCM Gunfighter Mod Series of CH from here on out.

Also, Never hurts to have a couple LMT Tact. CH spares ;)

Have a great one

SWATcop556
01-19-10, 15:37
The LMT is a good CH but still does not fix the problem of the roll pin taking all of the stress of cycling with one hand manipulations where the BCM fixes this.

The LMT was the best option until BCM took the CH and redesigned it which fixed the fatal flaw of the original CH which was roll pin stress.

I would spend the extra money for peace of mind. I replaced the one LMT CH I had with a BCM. YMMV

SPDGG
01-19-10, 16:12
The LMT is a good CH but still does not fix the problem of the roll pin taking all of the stress of cycling with one hand manipulations where the BCM fixes this.

The LMT was the best option until BCM took the CH and redesigned it which fixed the fatal flaw of the original CH which was roll pin stress.

I would spend the extra money for peace of mind. I replaced the one LMT CH I had with a BCM. YMMV +1 Agree, forgot to mention the most important aspect of the BCM GunFighter CH. That alone sums it up, Thank you

01-19-10, 16:25
BCM Gunfighter for me. Swat nailed the reasons.

JimT
01-19-10, 21:53
Gunfighter all the way. I haven't busted a roll pin, yet!

Ak44
01-20-10, 01:26
You can't go wrong either way. If your tight on money get the LMT if not get the BCM Mod 4. The big thing about LMT was that it was cheap then they jacked the price awhile back when things were hard to get...Then BCM took the spotlight with their Charging handles...I own both, LMT and BCM Mod 3 and Mod 4. I definitely like the Mod 4.