PDA

View Full Version : S&W Bodyguard 380

Alpha Sierra
01-19-10, 17:17
Nice

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/popups/BGWeb/Untitled-1.jpg
http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/popups/BGWeb/Untitled-2.jpg

S&W Bodyguard 380 and Bodyguard 38 (http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CustomContentDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=11101&content=754501)

Irish
01-19-10, 17:53
Interesting concept. I'd like to see it compared to the other pocket pistols that are currently on the market.

silentsod
01-19-10, 17:59
Looks like they're getting ready to take on Ruger.

I love me some good ol' competition :D Yay capitalism!

TriumphRat675
01-19-10, 18:00
I don't know anything about the quality of Insight's products, but just looking at the Bodyguard vs. the options available for the Ruger LCP I'd guess the ergonomics aren't up to the Crimson Trace's standards.

That website you linked to has a link to S&W's new products catalog - I'm more interested in the M&P 22 with the threaded barrel and the new M&P9/40 Pros with the 4.25" barrels and the "smooth" trigger pull.

Buckaroo
01-19-10, 18:27
Why are manufacturers focusing on .380 pocket pistols and ignoring the many pleas for a good single stack 9mm?

I don't get it.

Buckaroo

John_Wayne777
01-19-10, 19:03
The .38 looks very interesting. It looks like a rethink of the J frame...the first real attempt at that in the decades of its existence. The ambi release, in theory anyway, is a welcome addition. I want to see how the laser is activated.

The .380 semi-auto looks reasonable...except for the laser activation. If I'm firing the weapon one handed (as one is likely to do with such a weapon drawn hastily from a pocket at close range) how am I supposed to activate the laser?

SeriousStudent
01-19-10, 19:22
The .38 looks very interesting. It looks like a rethink of the J frame...the first real attempt at that in the decades of its existence. The ambi release, in theory anyway, is a welcome addition. I want to see how the laser is activated.

I would be happy as a clam if they would just release a no-lock 642, with a decent set of sights. Add the Crimson Trace grips, and you are ready to go.

Honestly, how challenging would it have been, to add the sights they put on the new model 632 and 640?

Instead, I'll get to pay someone like Hamilton Bowen several hundred dollars to order the sights from S&W, and mill them onto my pistol.

Not a knock on Mr. Bowen, by the way. He's a very fine smith.

But damn, so close.

John_Wayne777
01-19-10, 19:28
I'm beginning to think that maybe we need to kidnap some execs in the gun industry, put them in a room, and then force them to look at a list of requirements for their next products. I think that's the only way they'll ever actually listen.

Somehow the idea of coming to a place like...well, M4Carbine.net...and posting a low key thread asking "Say guys, if you were to redesign the Smith J frame, what would you do with it?" seems foreign to them.

SeriousStudent
01-19-10, 19:59
I'm a peaceful man. I was thinking bourbon, cigars, some awesome BBQ. A few gentle hints.

And if that fails, you ask Templar to crush them all with his bare hands. :D

Business_Casual
01-19-10, 20:13
I'm beginning to think that maybe we need to kidnap some execs in the gun industry, put them in a room, and then force them to look at a list of requirements for their next products. I think that's the only way they'll ever actually listen.

Somehow the idea of coming to a place like...well, M4Carbine.net...and posting a low key thread asking "Say guys, if you were to redesign the Smith J frame, what would you do with it?" seems foreign to them.

Come on, JW, they are like executives anywhere. They listen to the marketing director who presents his research in a Power Point at the 10:00am weekly meeting.

How many serious shooters are there? Probably a lot less than we think. And the Ford F-150 4x4 buyers far out number the Range Rover 110 buyers. OK, not a perfect example, but Kimber probably sells the pants off of the CDP.

M_P

Dave Berryhill
01-19-10, 22:38
Come on, JW, they are like executives anywhere. They listen to the marketing director who presents his research in a Power Point at the 10:00am weekly meeting.

How many serious shooters are there? Probably a lot less than we think. And the Ford F-150 4x4 buyers far out number the Range Rover 110 buyers. OK, not a perfect example, but Kimber probably sells the pants off of the CDP.

M_P

Sad but true. Most firearms companies aim for either the law enforcement market or towards the person who probably shoots only a couple hundred rounds per year, maybe less. Hard core shooters are the minority.

I have no use for a .380 but I'm a S&W fan so I hope this new pistol is better in quality than the Sigma .380. It sure looks "busy" with all of those levers. How many do you need on a sub-compact striker-fired pistol besides a slide stop?

Jay Cunningham
01-19-10, 22:50
Sort of looks cool but I am absolutely not a fan of tiny little semi-autos, and I am even less of a fan of the .380 round.

kmrtnsn
01-19-10, 23:13
A safety and a laser? Kinda a busy little thing for a bug, isn't it? Not what I want to deal with when the excrement is rolling down hill at an expeditious rate. Make it in 9mm, take those busy little levers off of the thing, make it striker-fired and get rid of the ray gun do-dad and I might consider a second look.

NinjaMedic
01-19-10, 23:57
Why in the hell cant they just give us a great quality single stack 9mm?

NCPatrolAR
01-20-10, 00:01
I'm a huge fan of Smith pistols, but the 380 doesnt do anything for me. LIke others, I'd like to see a redesign of the 3913/3953.

GLOCKMASTER
01-20-10, 00:45
I saw it last night along with their new revolver at the S&W party here at SHOT. It has a lot of potential for a good pocket pistol.

kmrtnsn
01-20-10, 00:48
"It has a lot of potential for a pocket pistol"

Sure, and so does any Kel-tec.

David Thomas
01-20-10, 00:58
looks like a taurus.

not a fan of the 380 myself, but with the right ammo they provide a BUG option for those who will not (chose not to) carry a bigger BUG like a G26 or J-Frame, i.e. they are better than nothing.

In my experience, which is minimal, Ladies are more likely to carry something like this or the LCP (with CT laser) when they would just leave a larger heavier gun at home, car, or in their purse.

kmrtnsn
01-20-10, 01:09
I have tried many different pistols and revolvers for CC and BUG applications and it has always come down to two guns in the end, the last several years, either a P2000SK in .40S&W 98% of the time or a S&W 340PD in .357 Magnum for the other 2 percent.

If I have to pull the trigger it'll be a round to put them down, not annoy them like a .380.

ChicagoTex
01-20-10, 01:45
Why are manufacturers focusing on .380 pocket pistols and ignoring the many pleas for a good single stack 9mm?

Walther PPS, I'm not sure there will ever be any better.

As for this piece. I don't like the fact that you HAVE to spring for the insight laser, nor do I like the fact that it appears to have a manual safety, which I deem at to be unnecessary at best for this type of gun and a hindrance at worst.

Oh, and it kinda looks like a Taurus :eek:

ToddG
01-20-10, 02:42
A thread full of "I don't like .380" is sort of missing the point. Between the P3AT and the LCP, .380 pocket pistols have exploded in sales & popularity which is why Taurus, Kahr, Diamondback, and others have all developed them.

The Bodyguard definitely appears to be the best of the bunch.

Excellent trigger pull (with multi-strike capability, for those who care)
Manual safety
Easy to reach and actuate slide lock/release and mag release
Fairly easy to use laser system (about as good as you can get without a Crimson Trace-like activation system)

The gun is slightly larger and noticeably heavier (by more than 2oz) than the LCP.

As for the .38, the trigger pull is amazing. The ambi cylinder latch is great. The laser system is so poorly done that a very gun- and laser-savy friend of mine couldn't even figure out how to turn it on.

Barring some weird problem cropping up, the Bodyguard 380 will definitely be replacing my LCP.

http://pistol-training.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/SW-bdygrd380.jpg

ChicagoTex
01-20-10, 03:02
I just watched the video on the website and it is CHEEEEEEESY.

That said this model does interest me somewhat. I've come to the point where it's appropriate for me to consider something more discreet for pocket carry than my Walther PPS. This just might fit the bill.

ThirdWatcher
01-20-10, 03:46
Why in the hell cant they just give us a great quality single stack 9mm?

They do (as Chicago Tex pointed out), but it's called the PPS and S&W sells it through Walther America. According to the S&W website, the Bodyguard 380 is about 1" shorter and 8 oz. lighter than the PPS.

John_Wayne777
01-20-10, 07:31
A thread full of "I don't like .380" is sort of missing the point. Between the P3AT and the LCP, .380 pocket pistols have exploded in sales & popularity which is why Taurus, Kahr, Diamondback, and others have all developed them.

...and that's part of my beef. There are already umpteen .380 pocket autos out there. If S&W is trying to convince those of us who already own something like an LCP to upgrade...well...it's going to be a tough sell. Now I have no doubt that the Smith offering is probably going to be superior to the Ruger offering, but given that I don't carry the .380 except as a BUG or tertiary weapon on rare occasions or in the pocket at the gym, the impulse to upgrade isn't very strong. It isn't very strong because I don't depend on the gun because it's chambered in a caliber that sucks.

When these things sit on gunstore shelves the average joe buyer is going to look at pricepoint and see that the other options are cheaper, and they'll probably spring for the other options. I'm sure that S&W will sell a bunch of these little guns initially, but once the enthusiasts buy it, say "Neat!" and then put it in their safe I don't see much of a future.

Now if they had put the time and effort used in this gun into a modernized 3913 concept I'd buy two before SHOT was even over. I know at least half a dozen other guys (who aren't on M4C) that would do the same. I have no doubt that the Bodyguard will eventually be the standard by which the small .380 pocket gun is judged...but that's like being the tallest midget in the room or the smartest kid on the short bus, in my opinion.

As for the .38, the trigger pull is amazing. The ambi cylinder latch is great. The laser system is so poorly done that a very gun- and laser-savy friend of mine couldn't even figure out how to turn it on.

Again I'm forced to wonder why gun companies do not think of actually going to customers and asking for input not only on desirable features, but on how various aspects of the weapon should work. I had no idea they were looking to modernize the J frame, but it was a great idea and now we're talking about a gun I *do* carry every day and even depend on as a primary in some circumstances....but if the laser blows goats then it defeats much of the purpose in buying the revolver. If they can marry the improved trigger and ambi-latch with some finally USEFUL sights and a laser that doesn't suck they would have The Revolver in the market.

I'm as big a S&W fan as anyone. I own more guns from S&W than I do from any other gunmaker. At the moment I've got ten S&W handguns of various types at home and I'm always looking for more.

...but right now I feel like I'm in one of those Droopy cartoons where Droopy and the bad guy dog compete for the affections of a veiled lovely only to remove the veil at the end of the episode and find out she has a beard or something. Close...but no cigar.

On the bright side, at least neither are this thing:

http://gunblast.com/images/SHOT2010/Day1/DSC09327.JPG

Business_Casual
01-20-10, 07:51
A safety and a laser? Kinda a busy little thing for a bug, isn't it? Not what I want to deal with when the excrement is rolling down hill at an expeditious rate. Make it in 9mm, take those busy little levers off of the thing, make it striker-fired and get rid of the ray gun do-dad and I might consider a second look.

I think that's a Glock 26.

M_P

Dave Berryhill
01-20-10, 08:37

The Bodyguard definitely appears to be the best of the bunch.

Excellent trigger pull (with multi-strike capability, for those who care)
Manual safety
Easy to reach and actuate slide lock/release and mag release
Fairly easy to use laser system (about as good as you can get without a Crimson Trace-like activation system)

The gun is slightly larger and noticeably heavier (by more than 2oz) than the LCP.

All good points Todd. There certainly seems to be a market for compact .380 pistols and S&W was letting sales go to other companies, many of them with lower quality pistols. I can tell you this, if I did want to carry a .380, I'd go right to the top of the list and look at this S&W and not waste my time with some of the other offerings.

Is it available without a laser for us Neanderthals?

Irish
01-20-10, 09:14
A decent article about the Bodyguard: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/smith--wessonr-introduces-new-bodyguardr-line-82045372.html

Company Launches New Compact Pistol and Revolver with Integrated Laser System
SPRINGFIELD, Mass., Jan. 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Smith & Wesson® Holding Corporation (Nasdaq Global Select: SWHC), parent company of Smith & Wesson Corp., the legendary 158-year-old company in the global business of safety, security, protection and sport, announced today the introduction of company's newest line of firearms designed for personal protection – the Smith & Wesson BODYGUARDS. The BODYGUARD 380 semi-automatic pistol and BODYGUARD 38 revolver have been designed in conjunction with Insight Technology®, a leader in the laser optics field, to offer consumers a new and uniquely engineered, lightweight, self-defense firearm with built-in laser sights.

Debuted this week at the 2010 Shooting Hunting & Outdoor Trade (SHOT) Show in Las Vegas, Nevada, the BODYGUARDS combine the latest advancements in laser technologies with Smith & Wesson's innovative design and manufacturing capabilities. The new BODYGUARD line features a uniquely designed compact frame, an integrated INSIGHT laser and several other new high-tech advantages.

"Throughout the development of the BODYGUARDS, our engineers and product managers worked closely with end users to design and produce an innovative line of personal protection firearms," said Michael Golden, CEO of Smith & Wesson Corp., a division of Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation. "Both the BODYGUARD 380 pistol and the BODYGUARD 38 revolver have been built with state-of-the-art manufacturing techniques. Each provides a reliable and logical choice for those seeking a firearm for personal protection. In addition, our engineers worked closely with Insight Technology to design an integrated laser that not only improves target acquisition but also reduces the price of this technology so more customers can afford to use laser sighting systems. We are very pleased with the positive feedback we have received on the new BODYGUARD line from the numerous retailers and media professionals at the 2010 SHOT Show."

BODYGUARD 380 Pistol

Compact, sleek and ergonomic, the BODYGUARD 380 delivers personal protection in an easy-to-carry platform. Chambered for .380 ACP, the lightweight pistol features a high-strength polymer frame with a black, Melonite® coated stainless steel slide and barrel. The new BODYGUARD 380 is standard with a 2 3/4-inch barrel, which contributes to an overall length of 5 1/4-inches and an unloaded weight of only 11.85 ounces.

The new pistol features a double-action fire control system, which allows for rapid second-strike capability. The BODYGUARD 380 has been further enhanced with a smooth trigger pull. Adding to its simplicity, the BODYGUARD 380 is standard with a manual thumb safety and an external take down lever and slide stop. On the lower portion of the frame, the pistol has been fitted with an integral INSIGHT laser, which is easily operated by both left and right-handed shooters. With its slim-line ergonomic grip, the pistol is comfortable in the hand and points naturally. To help aid in quick sight acquisition when the laser is not in use, the pistol includes black, Melonite-coated, stainless steel, drift adjustable dovetail sights. The BODYGUARD 380 is standard with a 6+1 magazine capacity.

BODYGUARD 38 Revolver

Chambered in .38 S&W Special +P, the BODYGUARD 38 continues Smith & Wesson's line of reliable small-frame self-defense revolvers. The BODYGUARD 38 delivers the optimal combination of accuracy and simplicity. With its lightweight design, the BODYGUARD 38 allows for discreet carry and its hammerless design provides a snag-free presentation. The five-shot revolver features a short 1.9-inch barrel, which contributes to a compact overall length of 6.6 inches.

Weighing in at 14.3 ounces, the BODYGUARD 38 features a one-piece aluminum alloy upper frame along with a steel reinforced polymer lower frame. The barrel and cylinder on the revolver are both stainless steel. The stainless steel cylinder is coated with a durable, non-reflective, matte black PVD finish for long term carrying and low light presentation. Designed to accommodate both left and right-handed shooters, the revolver features an easily manipulated ambidextrous cylinder release on the top of the frame. The revolver is further enhanced with an ergonomic one-piece rubber grip and a smooth trigger pull.

On the right side of the frame, the revolver has been fitted with an integral INSIGHT laser, allowing precise shot placement in low light conditions. For fast target acquisition when the laser is not in use, the revolver sports a notch-style rear sight and a pinned black blade front sight. The BODYGUARD 38, with its double-action only design, can be easily concealed for discreet carry.

INSIGHT Laser

At the core of the new BODYGUARD line of firearms is the capability of the INSIGHT laser. Allowing for optimal accuracy, both the BODYGUARD 380 and 38 are fitted with a red laser sight produced in conjunction with Insight Technology. A world leader in the design, development and manufacture of tactical lasers, Insight Technology designed the integrated laser system to perfectly mate with the new pistol and revolver. Accurate, durable and easily adjusted, the integral laser provides shooters with added confidence by enabling quick sight acquisition under low light conditions.

The integrated laser sighting system enables faster target acquisition for shooters of all experience levels. By working closely together and designing the firearm and laser sight system to be integral, Smith & Wesson and Insight Technology have achieved a value positioning that allows more firearm customers to afford laser sighting system technology.

To activate the laser, users simply operate the push-button design located on top of the laser sight for the revolver and on the sides of the forward frame for the pistol. Ambidextrous and easily manipulated while holding the firearm in the shooting position, the laser sight features three modes. By pushing the button once, the laser is on a constant-on mode. A second push of the button enables the laser to go into pulse mode while a third press turns the laser off. The INSIGHT laser is equipped with an automatic five-minute auto off timer, to preserve battery life. In constant on mode, the laser provides three hours of continuous run time. The laser sight can be adjusted for both windage and elevation and no assembly is required. Two Energizer 357 or equivalent batteries power the laser on the BODYGUARD handguns.

"With its advanced features and quality components, the new BODYGUARDS offer an easy-to-use, accurate and lightweight self-defense firearm," said Golden. "The new BODYGUARD 380, 38 and their integral laser sight systems have been meticulously engineered from the ground up. Simple yet sophisticated, the new BODYGUARDS provide the satisfaction, durability and reliability that have become synonymous with Smith & Wesson firearms."

ToddG
01-20-10, 09:16
JW777 -- I didn't look at the pricing. If it's competitive with the price of an LCP plus the price of a Crimson Trace Laserguard, it will eat into that market some. People who are unhappy with the switching on their LCP Laserguard might be interested. People who think Smith makes a higher quality gun than Kel-Tec or Ruger will be interested. Etc. I'll be surprised if these things languish. They were getting a ton of attention at the show.

Dave -- As far as I can tell, Smith is committed to the integral laser on these guns. There's no mention, at least for now, of a laserless variant.

John_Wayne777
01-20-10, 09:27
JW777 -- I didn't look at the pricing. If it's competitive with the price of an LCP plus the price of a Crimson Trace Laserguard, it will eat into that market some.

I agree...unfortunately I know lots of LCP users (again, not on M4C) and the only dude I know with a laser on it is me. To quote an individual who drooled over my LCP before buying his own:

"I won't bother with the laser, though. This is supposed to be a point and shoot gun to get somebody out of your face."

If the LCP is ~ 300 bucks and the Smith comes in at ~ 500 (I saw an MSRP listed on another site of over 500), they might not get the sales they hope for.

Dave Berryhill
01-20-10, 10:41
Too bad S&W wasn't a little quicker to the market. The new American Rifleman magazine has a big article on .380 compact pistols and the S&W isn't in it.

KingsideRook
01-20-10, 10:41
JW777 -- I didn't look at the pricing. If it's competitive with the price of an LCP plus the price of a Crimson Trace Laserguard, it will eat into that market some. People who are unhappy with the switching on their LCP Laserguard might be interested. People who think Smith makes a higher quality gun than Kel-Tec or Ruger will be interested. Etc. I'll be surprised if these things languish. They were getting a ton of attention at the show.

Dave -- As far as I can tell, Smith is committed to the integral laser on these guns. There's no mention, at least for now, of a laserless variant.

I like it. I want to fiddle with one in person, unfortunately, all my coworkers went to SHOT and left me to watch the fort. I thought that there wasn't going to be anything I really wanted to see at this show, and now there's a .380 auto at the top of my "must handle" list. I like the "recessed" triggerguard, it makes a lot of sense to move the grip closer to the bore both front and rear. Not sure how I feel about the laser yet, but nothing says I have to use it. Ideally, if I decide I don't like it, there will be a version sans laser in the future.

I have large hands, and the LCP is just a bit too tiny for me, even though I like it. If the S&W is a little bigger as reported, but still pocket-size, then I'll be happy. It won't replace my G19, but as a backup pocket pistol, it looks to be promising.

ST911
01-20-10, 11:35
I have no use for a .380 but I'm a S&W fan so I hope this new pistol is better in quality than the Sigma .380. It sure looks "busy" with all of those levers. How many do you need on a sub-compact striker-fired pistol besides a slide stop?

Ahh, the SW380. Fincky, 2500rd service life, proud lineage in the Sigma line. What's not to like?

Saw one in a store case the other day. Saw it 6mo, a year, 2 years...ago too. I think it's marked down to "Free...You Haul."

I noticed the levers on the new one. I certainly don't want or need a manual safety. On a deep concealment gun, I don't need a slide stop either, but some like it.

I'm a huge fan of Smith pistols, but the 380 doesnt do anything for me. LIke others, I'd like to see a redesign of the 3913/3953.

I like the 3913 too. What would you like to see for changes?

The ambi release, in theory anyway, is a welcome addition.

Pending more info and use, welcome indeed.

NCPatrolAR
01-20-10, 11:52
I like the 3913 too. What would you like to see for changes?

Ideally I'd like to see them make a single stack 9mm M&P. When it comes to the 3913, I'd prefer to see a 3953TSW without the long reset the 3rd generation SMiths are known for.

TiroFijo
01-20-10, 12:03
Wow! Both are ugly as hell, but besides looks:

I hate plastic in revolvers, how strong can the metal/plastic interface be?

I have absolutely no use for a laser on pistol, and prefer them electronic crap free.

The 380 has many small levers, I don't like ultra small guns, but if I have to have one at least make it as simple as possible.

I prefer traditional, non lock J frames, specially the centennial series.

Just my opinion :)

scottryan
01-20-10, 15:39
Still waiting for a slim single stack 9mm that cannot accept .40 parts.

Dos Cylindros
01-20-10, 18:46
I think the new .380 is kinda pointless. And as far as the .38 goes......J frame development ended for me with the introduction of the M&P 340. Centenial frame, XS big dot front sight and crimson trace laser, it is my all time favorite J frame and it rides on my ankle as my BUG every day on duty. It is also my off duty when clothing won't allow a larger gun, though that's not often.

David Thomas
01-20-10, 23:13
I hate plastic in revolvers, how strong can the metal/plastic interface be? Really?? pretty sure Glock, HK, and others have been doing it for a while with good results. maybe not in revolvers but in autos

I have absolutely no use for a laser on pistol, and prefer them electronic crap free. ever have any low light training?

I think the plastic and laser debates have been decided.

TiroFijo
01-21-10, 07:39
David,

"I think the plastic and laser debates have been decided."

Maybe for you. I still vote with my wallet :)

The plastic/metal interface in revolvers seem flimsy. Not for me. I still prefer a durable construction over small weight/cost savings.

And I have trained at night. Don't like lasers at all.

For me, these two guns have "let's make it different for the sake of it and more complicated than it needs to be" written all over.

David Thomas
01-21-10, 11:27
David,

"I think the plastic and laser debates have been decided."

Maybe for you. I still vote with my wallet :)

The plastic/metal interface in revolvers seem flimsy. Not for me. I still prefer a durable construction over small weight/cost savings.

And I have trained at night. Don't like lasers at all.

For me, these two guns have "let's make it different for the sake of it and more complicated than it needs to be" written all over.

I like old school colt and S&W snubbies myself, and do not want a plastic J-Frame. However, I do not doubt that one can be built. Whether we like it is one thing. Whether it is strong enough or flimsy is another. I was talking about the plastic guns are flimsy debate.

People that know way more than I do, say lasers have a place.

RogerinTPA
01-21-10, 15:59
I like the Bodyguard (kinda). I just wish S&W would come out with a single stack M&P9c. That, would peak my interest significantly.

Alpha Sierra
01-21-10, 18:44
Ideally I'd like to see them make a single stack 9mm M&P. When it comes to the 3913, I'd prefer to see a 3953TSW without the long reset the 3rd generation SMiths are known for.

3rd Gen S&Ws have a long reset? Dayum, if my 915's reset is long, a short reset would be almost imperceptible. It may not be 1911 good , but it beats the hell out of any Glock I've shot, both my M&Ps and my 226.

The SA reset on my bone stock 915 is awesomely short.

NCPatrolAR
01-21-10, 20:13
3rd Gen S&Ws have a long reset? Dayum, if my 915's reset is long, a short reset would be almost imperceptible. It may not be 1911 good , but it beats the hell out of any Glock I've shot, both my M&Ps and my 226.

The SA reset on my bone stock 915 is awesomely short.

I was talking about the DAO guns

Alpha Sierra
01-21-10, 21:01
I was talking about the DAO guns

I figured you had to be.......had me confused there for a second. ;)

Glock Holiday
01-24-10, 19:35
The .380 looks like it has sharp edges all over the place.
Since it's plastic I not sure it can be de-horned.
I love S&W wheelguns. (have three)
But I think I'll just stick with my LCR and LCP.

SmokeJumper
01-24-10, 20:00
The .380 looks like it has sharp edges all over the place.
Since it's plastic I not sure it can be de-horned.
I love S&W wheelguns. (have three)
But I think I'll just stick with my LCR and LCP.

I think I'm with you as well. The S&W's look a bit too blocky, the LCP is still nice and small with the CTC and you can't beat the LCR with CTC grip. Now, if the Kahr P380 was only a bit cheaper..........As for a single stack 9mm as someone mentioned, Kahr PM9.

HowardCohodas
07-16-10, 09:03
The Bodyguard 38 and the Bodyguard 380 have begun arriving at retailers. The Bodyguard 380 was on sale at Buds for less than a day before it was listed as out of stock. As of this note http://www.topnotchtactical.com/content-categories/cat-148_202/smith_wesson.html']Top Notch Tactical ('http://www.topnotchtactical.com/content-categories/cat-148_202/smith_wesson.html) has them in stock for $439.

bigkracka
07-16-10, 18:55
Looks promising, nice integrated laser.

Country DeVil
12-28-11, 23:46
Bringin up an oldie I know, but are there any new thoughts on the bodyguard 380?

I found one for a pretty good deal and I am thinking about getting it.