PDA

View Full Version : Quicksilver Manufacturing

novashooter
01-19-10, 19:08
I am new to the Suppressor thing and seriously considering getting one to compliment my SBR.

Has anyone had an experience good or bad with Quicksilver Manufacturing?

Thanks

oef24
01-19-10, 20:22
Good all the way around. Great group of guys and their Titanium line is amazing. I purchased one for my Super V and next will be a big bore titanium.

RetreatHell
01-20-10, 15:10
For a 5.56mm suppressor, I would HIGHLY recommend sticking ONLY with very well known brands/manufacturers, especially for an SBR. Get an AAC, Surefire, Ops Inc, Knights Armament, Gemtech, etc...

Do yourself a huge favor and stick with those brands (or other very well known and established sound suppressor companies), and you'll be satisfied.

I think you could easily get away with purchasing a suppressor for a bolt gun, or whatever gun that you don't shoot much or ever have high round count training sessions with, that is from a smaller, lesser known company for the most part. But when it comes to 5.56mm cans, where you'll be shooting the crap out of it for years to come, then I think you should only stick to brands of suppressors that have already proved themselves countless times, have great reps and are used by professionals and firearms instructors like Chris Costa, Travis Haley, Jeff Gonzales, Larry Vickers, Paul Howe, etc...

Remember that a suppressor is a pretty large investment and time consuming process. There's the cost of the can itself (roughly around $600-$1,000+), the cost of the tax stamp ($200), waiting for the Form 4 to be approved and to receive your tax stamp back from BATFE (anywhere from a couple of months to many months of waiting), and then as long as you own the can you are responsible for an NFA weapon. If you're gonna go through all that, ya might as well make damn sure you're getting a suppressor that's worth all the trouble, one that you know for a fact that you will never regret buying.

That's all I got for you. Hope this helps.

Semper Fi,

-Paul