PDA

View Full Version : Which colt m4 has the 3 round burst?

iluvkaity
03-26-07, 20:15
I'm just wondering which model of the colt m4 has the 3 round burst and which has the full auto.

I am also interested in anyone's opinion on which is better to have and why.

I'd also like to know what everyone's opinion is as to which AR15/m4 is the best.

M4Guru
03-26-07, 20:54
M4: 3rd
M4A1: Auto

Both are fairly useless without a high degree of training. I'd rather have the auto for breaking contact. Burst is a waste of space.

Colts are the best.

RyanB
03-26-07, 21:06
M4: 3rd
M4A1: Auto

Both are fairly useless without a high degree of training. I'd rather have the auto for breaking contact. Burst is a waste of space.

Colts are the best.

I second M4Guru.

iluvkaity
03-26-07, 21:46
is the m4 the 6920 model?

USMC88-93
03-26-07, 21:50
is the m4 the 6920 model?

No, the closest civilian Colt available version of the M4 is the LE6921

The Military / Law Enforcement models are as follows
RO977 : Flat top, Safe/Semi/Full Auto
RO979 : Flat top, Safe/Semi/Burst
RO777 : Fixed handle, Safe/Semi/Full Auto
RO779 : Fixed handle, Safe/Semi/Burst

iluvkaity
03-26-07, 22:43
So how can a civilian get ahold of an auto colt m4?

Razorhunter
03-26-07, 23:11
Buy one that was made before 1986, and pay through the nose (thousands) for it,
OR
Become a licensed FFL (gun dealer), and obtain a dealer sample (someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think even FFL's have to have a department letterhead from a Law Enforcement agency), correct?

Basically, they took our full autos from us in 1986...

iluvkaity
03-26-07, 23:19
can I build a full auto m4/ar15 legally?

If so, what does everyone recommend?

I'm looking for a close quarters gun.

Razorhunter
03-26-07, 23:31
Maybe if you get on a SWAT team with the local police, and become the team armorer. Or join the military...

Seriously, "building" one doesn't change anything bro...

iluvkaity
03-26-07, 23:33
yeah, i was already in the military... I wish I could have scored one while I was in somehow... but, now I'm out and still don't have one...

Razorhunter
03-27-07, 07:23
Oh I didn't mean that you could have SCORED one to KEEP in the military,
You would have only been able to possess them and work on them as an armorer or soldier or something while STILL IN the military... Once you're out of the military, that's it, no more full auto....

Stephen_H
03-27-07, 08:42
[cough]NARC[cough]

:D

LukeMacGillie
03-27-07, 09:46
Well we all know that Kaity is going to be in the market for a new man here soon since her current man is heading to FPMITA Prison for at least 10 years.............:rolleyes:

MerQ
03-27-07, 11:40
Well we all know that Kaity is going to be in the market for a new man here soon since her current man is heading to FPMITA Prison for at least 10 years.............:rolleyes:

Truest words spoken today... :D

Pat_Rogers
03-27-07, 11:46
Maybe it is just me, but is there a reason why are people posting on this forum about doing things illegal?

davemcdonald
03-27-07, 12:12
I am convinced that the system 10-8 forums has set up is the way to go. It just makes sense to have members send in a copy of an ID or creds in order to have posting privileges. It keeps the jacka$$ery like this down to a minimum.
My 2 cents

Dave

Pat_Rogers
03-27-07, 12:29
You are correct. It limits the idiots and makes people responsible for their comments.

MerQ
03-27-07, 14:39
You are correct. It limits the idiots and makes people responsible for their comments.

That's true but some people find this place searching for stuff and have legitimate questions or want qualified opinions without having to go through all of that. Overall this forum has less "stupidity" than some other places as well. Sometimes it's just best to deal with idiots on a case by case basis IMO.

Razorhunter
03-27-07, 14:50
Maybe I'm just too honest of a guy, and this is all over my head guys, but just WHAT IS IT that everyone is suggesting "iluvkaity" is attempting to do here?
What is his (or her) motive???

Is he/she trying to catch us doing illegal things with firearms/firearms purchases???

Damn, do they REALLY think we are THAT stupid??? I guess I give even the antis more credit for intelligence than THAT...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here...

jmart
03-27-07, 15:06
Nobody is asking about how do carry out some illegal act. The original question asked was "How do I get one?" That was answered. Then a follow-up quetsion was posed "Is it legal to build one?" That should have been aswered with a simple "No". But the poster never asked about doing something illegal. I am surprised though that the question was asked to begin with. it's not as if you can go into any local gun store and the shelves are filled with FA offerings.

Pat_Rogers
03-27-07, 15:26
In this case he spoke about "scoring" one from the mil- a euphemism for stealing. Take a hard look at his posts - it should be obvious that by manner and subject there is an issue.
In another thread a poster talked about hiring someone to make a false allegation to a fed agency.
Sliding on a slippery slope.

Re true names- this is not my forum, and i come here seldom. If people find it too tough to use true name, it generally deteriorates into a situation similar to the beer balls one develops after downing adult beverages. The anonymity of the errornet makes people say- and do- stupid things.
Since watching the nonsense on all of the forums, i am considering an enhanced vetting process for my classes to keep questionable people away.

We are under the gun (pun absolutely intended) and every time someone gets stupid, it is another nail in our respective coffins.

STAFF
03-27-07, 15:49
This thread does not belong in the Technical forums and the hint of doing something illegal is a no no.