PDA

View Full Version : 2009 SHOT Show Threads

Pages : 1 [2]

Dunedain
04-25-09, 14:55
Ah, yes. I mean on, say, a 16-18 inch 416 and 417 (or G3 or FAL), could any AAC models handle something like that with no damage to the silencer? Surely similar tests, though perhaps not identical, have been run on longer barrel lengths and in .308, as well, to see how the various suppressor models hold up.

rsilvers
04-25-09, 14:58
Well, the 240-SD has taken some belts.

Dunedain
04-25-09, 15:30
Yeah, that's a nice one. :) Looks like you'll need a 249-SD or a 240-SD if you want something that can handle plenty of rapid fire without harm to the silencer. :) Can the 240-SD be gotten with matching AAC flash hiders that are designed to fit to a variety of types of threaded barrels for various assault rifle models?

rsilvers
04-25-09, 16:14
The 240-SD mount is like the 762-SD mount but has a 51 tooth ratchet rather than the 18 tooth spring mount. It has the BLACKOUT flash hider.

Dunedain
04-25-09, 16:41
What I mean is can the Blackout flash hider (which the suppressor apparently mounts to) be gotten with a variety of different threading options at the time of order so it can screw onto the barrel threads of whatever type of assault rifle a customer may want? Because the diameter, pitch and thread count of the barrel threads can vary from rifle to rifle, so the Blackout flash hider would have to be set up to screw onto that specific rifle.

rsilvers
04-25-09, 16:44
Normally you can put a BLACKOUT on 5 different .308 rifles, and use a 762-SD on all of them. The M240-SD is a special case though, as it has the 51 tooth mount. So you cannot put a 762-SD onto the M240-SD mount and expect it to stay in place for more than a mag or so. You could put a 240-SD silencer onto a 762-SD mount and expect it to work.

Dunedain
04-25-09, 17:37
I guess one would have to hope that his rifle is one of those 5 models, or else perhaps it could be custom threaded to fit. Thanks for the info. :)

JoJunior
05-07-09, 17:56
We need to see some actual RIS II pics from A-stan.....

BSHNT2015
05-12-09, 11:13
Chen,

Any 411 regarding LMT 6.8mm stuff, are they considering changing their bbl twist from 1X10 to 1X11 or 1X12 and is the chamber at spec II or? Thanks.

rob_s
05-12-09, 12:53
According to the gurus at 68forum.com the chamber is SAAMI.

jwinch2
05-12-09, 13:57
I will be very interested in hear how the MRP 308 is received. I am getting ready to be in the market for a .308 and am trying to do my research and start figuring out which direction I am going to go. If LMT is claiming the end of the year, that means it will actually be out around this time or a little earlier next year if typical new gun release practice holds true to form. Not sure I want to wait that long but if it is the right platform, I might decide to do so.

Thanks for the pics...

Puffy93
05-14-09, 22:48
General Motors?

ROFLMAO:D

Puffy93
05-14-09, 22:52
If AAC would like to put this issue to bed, they should post an unedited video doing this exact test with their products as well as a few more samples of the SF and Gemtech products.
Of course that can't be done. Those video's were mysteriously "lost" or "were not filmed"(common sense says that one would tape that kind of test IMHO)

FYI: I was trying to decide between an AAC or a SF suppressor. Now I think I'll go with the SF.

idreamt...
05-21-09, 17:38
I'd be interested to hear magpul's business strategie for the coming years based on the pending legislation. Can only assume more R+D into grips and sights, maybe some rail development.

Jimdo
05-21-09, 20:02
The coolest ammo that I seen at shot was the new Dynamic Research Technologies stuff, there is a good youtube on it
here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK2JL9hPVRM
Looks like some neat stuff, completely lead free.

Seawolf
06-22-09, 19:07
http://www.angela-jennings.com/i.cfm?i=8073_220047.jpg&mid=8073

thedog
06-24-09, 00:01
I would vote for her for being intelligent and a shooter. For serious adults, you need both. Shooters are intelligent. You have to be intelligent to be a shooter. Adults.
For the looks dept.? Well, I never won a beauty contest, so I guess I can't really say much. But.... I love intelligent people.

Steve
06-25-09, 07:07
Freddie,

You guys had aimpoints with you?

The Deer are awaiting you Brother.

Cold Zero
06-25-09, 07:36
What was the result of the free vacation contest ?

10MMGary
07-17-09, 16:41
Heck I would vote for her Chicago style(nothing dirty, just early and often) for sure. The hot model good looks and bod, as well as smart and appears to like guns. Too bad I am old enough to be her Father, although I do have a very good looking single Son age 22 that she might find interesting:).

mattpittinger
08-13-09, 12:13
What is the status on those lights?

AlphaTango23
08-18-09, 11:05
Ahh LWRC... My future mistress. Too much money on my measly pay.

Rogue7a
08-27-09, 16:35
Why bother with an over priced company that LIED on TV when they said "The Marines came to us and asked us to make this rifle" (Re the LWRC IAR)

Ummmmm..... Last I checked they were'nt asked. They only responded to a published RFI

and guess what?

They failed to even make the initial down select

I think the comment was something to the effect of: "Nice range plinker, but when you go to combat you want something reliable"

Stephen_H
08-29-09, 09:51
Why bother with an over priced company that LIED on TV when they said "The Marines came to us and asked us to make this rifle" (Re the LWRC IAR)

Ummmmm..... Last I checked they were'nt asked. They only responded to a published RFI

Do you know which video this was in? I just watched the Future Weapons edisode on the IAR and it wasn't in there.

and guess what?

They failed to even make the initial down select

I think the comment was something to the effect of: "Nice range plinker, but when you go to combat you want something reliable"

Do you know why they were downselected? It wasn't reliability BTW.

Stephen

Rogue7a
08-29-09, 10:40
Edited to help keep the peace
I guess we can't let facts get in the way

Stephen_H
08-29-09, 12:36
Edited to help keep the peace
I guess we can't let facts get in the way

I'm more than happy to discuss facts on or off line. I don't like seeing rumor and innuendo thrown haphazardly at any reputable company. If you want to take a stab at them, no problem, but I think it's disingenuous to just float something out there without giving the casual reader a frame of reference or back story.

Stephen

Rogue7a
08-30-09, 06:27
I'm more than happy to discuss facts on or off line. I don't like seeing rumor and innuendo thrown haphazardly at any reputable company. If you want to take a stab at them, no problem, but I think it's disingenuous to just float something out there without giving the casual reader a frame of reference or back story.

Stephen

Really Stephen? Really? En-eff-ing-lighten us then. Please oh Mighty Prime Vendor! Tell us how they were cheated! Scream from the mountain tops the transgressions of Infantry Weapons for shunning them! Serve us the Kool-aid! You are truly the beacon that penetrates the murky light of government on why they would cast aside a submittal made by a small buisness. Oh yes my messiah save us from our ignorance! We sit at your mighty feet yerning for knowledge stareing in awe at the plethora of "Demo" uppers rained upon you due to your status as a true and faithful deciple of LWRC (Or whatever they are calling themselves this week.... must be challenging to make up new names based on that acronym)

We await your celestial wisdom

Make it quick though because the ice is melting in everyones kool-aid and the popcorn is getting cold

Stephen_H
08-30-09, 09:07
Really Stephen? Really? En-eff-ing-lighten us then. Please oh Mighty Prime Vendor! Tell us how they were cheated! Scream from the mountain tops the transgressions of Infantry Weapons for shunning them! Serve us the Kool-aid! You are truly the beacon that penetrates the murky light of government on why they would cast aside a submittal made by a small buisness. Oh yes my messiah save us from our ignorance! We sit at your mighty feet yerning for knowledge stareing in awe at the plethora of "Demo" uppers rained upon you due to your status as a true and faithful deciple of LWRC (Or whatever they are calling themselves this week.... must be challenging to make up new names based on that acronym)

We await your celestial wisdom

Make it quick though because the ice is melting in everyones kool-aid and the popcorn is getting cold

I never anywhere in my post said that I felt they were cheated. I stated that you were not being accurate in your comments. As I understand it from Major M at MARCORSYSCOM and a couple friends at AWG they were down selected because they failed the accuracy requirement. You implied they failed the reliability requirement.

Also, I asked where you got the quote "The Marines came to us and asked us to make this rifle" (Re the LWRC IAR)". I couldn't find it in the Future Weapons episode. I'm not making an accusation; I just wanted to hear it myself.

By the way, we (Blue Force Gear) are not a Prime Vendor, but we do support several suppliers that are (now called Special Operational Equipment TLS Program).

Feel free to contact me anytime:

Stephen Hilliard
Director of Product Development
stephen@blueforcegear.com
www.blueforcegear.com
1-877-430-2583 Office
1-912-704-1209 Mobile
1-912-330-0179 Fax

Rogue7a
08-30-09, 10:04
I As I understand it from Major M at MARCORSYSCOM and a couple friends at AWG they were down selected because they failed the accuracy requirement.

Wow..... You laud the facets of LWRC and then now tell me that they admittedly make a firearm that fails to meet accuracy requirements? And we all know that the accuracy requirments of an M4 (or SAW) are oh SOOOOOO stringent (Isn't it like 4 moa?) So what you are saying is that you are backing a rebuilt (Not PURPOSE BUILT) M4 Piston Conversion Rifle for $1900.00 that can't accurately engage a target?

Well slap my ass and call me Charlie!

Hey Ya'all jump in line! Sign me up for three!

Oh and Steve-o..... yeah if you are gonna be insistent on terminology.... your statement that they "Were down selected" would imply that they were chosen for further review. The correct term would have been they "Were NOT selected"

And further more.... you are that familiar with the reviewing personnel that he told you, a "Vendor" why the LWRC was not down selected?

Hmmmmm

Funny... 'cause I am pretty sure they are not even obligated to tell the respondant to the submittal "Why"

Rogue7a
08-30-09, 10:47
http://i32.tinypic.com/2wohgqs.jpg

Yep this is what this has turned into. While as you can see I am on top... Only the pig is having fun.

I'd much rather waste my time with this:
http://i25.tinypic.com/28mvc8.jpg

I don't know why I would expect objectiveness from a vendor.

Lock this thing

SHIVAN
08-30-09, 10:57
I'd like to remind everyone that we have some rules on this forum. So far, facts are in very short supply, most likely due to op- and persec but this thread has all the appearances of a pissing contest that isn't going anywhere unless people come through with facts that could compromise confidentiality and other NDA-type agreements.

I'm going to lock this thread and remind everyone that this sort of pissing contest should be conducted via IM, email or phone call.

M4arc
09-23-09, 15:56
fancy

Dude I'm not sure what you hope to accomplish here but one and two word post (9 in the last 10 minutes) aren't what we're about.

If your trying to run your post count up in order to sell items on the EE go ahead and add nine because we require they be "meaningful posts".

HossArms
09-23-09, 16:35
Dude I'm not sure what you hope to accomplish here but one and two word post (9 in the last 10 minutes) aren't what we're about.

If your trying to run your post count up in order to sell items on the EE go ahead and add nine because we require they be "meaningful posts".

Dude
I really thought it was fancy.
Didnt know I needed to write a novel to impress the forum gods

HossArms
09-23-09, 16:53

do you come down this hard on everybody
i guess no body really is good enough for your site

HossArms
09-23-09, 16:55

I looked back and saw plenty of one word posts.
Why didnt you tell all those people their thoughts were not meaningful?

M4arc
09-23-09, 19:17
I looked back and saw plenty of one word posts.
Why didnt you tell all those people their thoughts were not meaningful?

Because you're doing it over and over and over again, one right after another less than a minute apart. It's obvious to everyone that you're running up your post count and I believe, based on your screen name, it's to sell items on here on the EE.

Also, seeing your behavior on ar15.com where you're posting for sale items in technical forums I believe you're only real interest is selling stuff.

AlphaTango23
10-06-09, 17:45
I can't wait to see these rifles in action. Magpul is one of my favorite companies. Great stuff!

EL~Duder
12-21-09, 06:35
I'm hoping my Christmas this year will be spent with many family and friends, oh and the LMT MRP piston 16" that I placed a order for back in OCT of last year!!! That would be sweet! :D

HAHA!

Thanks for all the photos!

Duder

ramrod
12-21-09, 22:36
I went with the HTG Aris III can. Seems very well built.

Bobert0989
12-30-09, 04:39
General Motors?

You mean Government Motors, right? ;)

recon
01-02-10, 09:59
According to DrDrake/Magpul on AR15 site there will be new info released from Bushmaster at the 2010 Shot Show on the ACR.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=124&t=174298&page=27

Here is what he said.

Posted: Yesterday 11:29:07 PM EST
"Yes, there will be new info related to the ACR released by Bushmaster. That's all I'm going to say. Cheers."

Jim D
01-03-10, 19:37
Today was the first time I've heard of this spat between the two companies.

If any brand wants to push one of their competitors product to the limit, then display that product after it has been abused, they NEED to display their own product side by side.

I don't see how you can honestly say that your company had the money to purchase another companies suppressor to destroy, was willing to pay for the ammo to destroy it, yet they couldn't find a video camera to borrow that day.

I bring a video camera to the range to review my shooting technique, and you wanted to conduct destructive testing on a rival product, with the intention of using it against your competitor...and you couldn't find a video camera?

To the consumer, it certainly looks like something is being hidden...and that alone is enough to steer me away from buying from the company in question.

Admin
01-20-10, 16:18
Older threads merged here

AggiePhil
01-20-10, 22:09
Bump.

Jay Cunningham
01-20-10, 22:35
Bump.

Did you even spend one moment reading this? Our Admin just consolidated all of LAST YEARS 2009 SHOT THREADS into this one.

Please relax, people.

Eagle106
04-17-10, 20:10
Yes, and we have no empirical/video proof that AAC's suppressors can withstand it either, do we?

So as it stands right now, all we really know is that one Gemtech can, and one Surefire can, tested by AAC personnel, have been defeated. Sample sizes of one only tell you about that ONE unit. When it is repeated, with variables reduced, or eliminated, then you can indicate a trend.

A single data point can not show a trend up or down, can it?

If AAC would like to put this issue to bed, they should post an unedited video doing this exact test with their products as well as a few more samples of the SF and Gemtech products.

The owner of ADCO firearms performed a similar test with the G5 and it passed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjveMwnwIvs

rsilvers
04-17-10, 20:44
No, that is a 4 minute video. It takes at least 20 minutes to do the test. I believe he did 1/4 of the test.

darkcharisma
08-31-10, 06:37
i like the slim gas port on the acc, and some of those 1911 are just out right beautiful.