PDA

View Full Version : a little heads-up re: the BCM Gunfighter charging handle

mattjmcd
01-21-10, 12:40
I did a quick search and saw nothing about this. In the interest of public service I thought I'd post a note about this popular new product:

I decided to give it a whirl and ordered one of each size. They both work very well and represent a real improvement over standard profile CH's. BUT... the larger unit has a real tendency to pinch since there is a petty good-sized gap that tends to get filled by the operator's skin. That gap gets closed as the latch is put under tension during retraction of the handle.

I shoot in a warm dry climate, so I only wear gloves during classes or heavy shooting days. Gloves might help, but if you are like me and shoot w/o gloves, beware that the bigger CH has a tendency to bite. YMMV of course.

ForTehNguyen
01-21-10, 13:14
I actually found the medium size to pinch more than the large. With the large you can put your palm further away from the pinch spot when you go to charge the rifle.

Jimbo45
01-21-10, 13:27
Uh oh, Matt, put on your flame suit! You are obviously doing something wrong [/sarcasm]. ;)

I had a similar experience: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=44613

SWATcop556
01-21-10, 18:20
No flame suit required, just thick skin. :cool:

Jimbo45
01-21-10, 22:56
No flame suit required, just thick skin. :cool:

Nice. :p:D

mattjmcd
01-21-10, 23:57
I actually found the medium size to pinch more than the large. With the large you can put your palm further away from the pinch spot when you go to charge the rifle.

The gaps appear to be similar in size. For some reason, the larger one gets me more often. I see your point, though.