PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered my 1st AR

slickrick0999
01-21-10, 15:33
Ok, I pulled the trigger and did it.
Ordered a Noveske N4 Light Carbine Basic today.
Kind of excited about getting it.
Will post pics when it arrives.

Rick

tuff
01-21-10, 15:51
Congrats on your purchase..

ForTehNguyen
01-21-10, 15:54
welcome to the AR kool aid

DragonDoc
01-21-10, 16:30
Excellent choice. I'm envious. :D

glock281
01-21-10, 16:51
welcome to the AR kool aid

Don't start rumors, that is like the off brand Kool aid,

the Real Kool-Aid is Colts (lol)

slickrick0999
01-21-10, 18:18
Don't start rumors, that is like the off brand Kool aid,

the Real Kool-Aid is Colts (lol)

So, no love for the Noveske?

Griswold
01-21-10, 19:40
Congrats. That's like buying a Corvette for your first car instead of a VW bug. Enjoy the addiction.

01-21-10, 21:24
Good gun, no doubt. Just doesn't have all the qual's a Colt 6920 does. Want to argue? No prob. See the Chart. Maybe you just attach less importance to certain parts. Don't get me wrong; Noveske makes a good gun. Just don't try to say it is the same as a Colt. I prefer individual testing over batch any day.

rychencop
01-21-10, 23:18
congrats!!! i wish one day to own such a fine piece of killery.

slickrick0999
01-21-10, 23:31
Good gun, no doubt. Just doesn't have all the qual's a Colt 6920 does. Want to argue? No prob. See the Chart. Maybe you just attach less importance to certain parts. Don't get me wrong; Noveske makes a good gun. Just don't try to say it is the same as a Colt. I prefer individual testing over batch any day.

Yeah, I saw the chart. Still thought the Noveske was a good one to go with. On top of that, got a free lower to boot.

As far as Colts go, I have no experience with their AR's as this is my first. I do have a couple of 1911's and both are Colt's. Love em! Although, I did have to do a little work to each of them to bring them up to what I thought they should be.

LaVista
01-21-10, 23:45
You made the right decision! I think the N4 Basic carbine gives you the most gun for your money, on the market. Now get out there and shoot!

I've got an N4 VIS Basic and I couldn't be happier with it. It has been entirely reliable, and shoots great with heavier ammo, too..

Calling BULLSHIT and I'm looking at the chart right now.

-Colt High-pressure tests each individual bolt. Noveske Batch-tests. One nod to colt. Still not a big deal to swap out.
-Colt has a black extractor insert, Noveske a blue. You can change this yourself for a couple bucks. No points awarded.
-Noveske's offering comes with a Cold hammer Forged barrel made from an M249 bbl blank, with an extra thick chrome lining. Theres nothign wrong with Colts barrel, but the N4 will outlast it, and from the guns I've shot, seems to have an edge on accuracy, too.
-Colt factory rifles include a 1 year factory warranty. Noveske guns are warrantied for life.
-Noveske includes a Troy BUIS, Colt includes a Carry handle. Another big nod to Noveske.

So you can have either an HPT Bolt, and a black extractor insert, or a Cold-Hammer-Forged Bbl, Troy BUIS, and a lifetime warranty. I can buy an HPT Bolt for a C-note, and that black extractor insert for a couple bucks, after selling the stock, non HPT Bolt, I would be out a total of maybe $20-50. How much would you spend to put a CHF Barrel,& Troy flip-up on your Colt? And you still wouldn't have a lifetime warranty.

RIDE
01-21-10, 23:49
Fantastic purchase man, the Noveske will most likely be my next purchase. Top top notch rifle!! Pics and report please! :)

SWATcop556
01-22-10, 00:45

You'll have to forgive him. He doesn't get out much. :D
(Just f'ing with ya Mike)

You'll love your Noveske. We need pics when it shows up.

slickrick0999
01-29-10, 12:17
WoooHooo!!!!!
My Noveske is home! Just picked it up this morning after work. I will get some pics up in a bit.
Initial impression is that all my expectations were exceeded. The rifle looks and feels great!

The free "cosmetic 2nd" lower upon initial inspection, also looks to be flawless. Note, I have not looked it over with a fine tooth comb, but it looks fine to me.

Rick:D

bullseye
01-29-10, 12:35
i have both the noveske and the 6920, got the noveske first because it was a mid-length,,,any points awarded for that/?????

SWATcop556
01-29-10, 17:25
WoooHooo!!!!!
My Noveske is home! Just picked it up this morning after work. I will get some pics up in a bit.
Initial impression is that all my expectations were exceeded. The rifle looks and feels great!

The free "cosmetic 2nd" lower upon initial inspection, also looks to be flawless. Note, I have not looked it over with a fine tooth comb, but it looks fine to me.

Pics or I'm calling bullshit!! :D

nothing like taking home your first AR. Congrats!

MarshallDodge
01-29-10, 17:28
Congrats on a fine purchase.

LMT42
01-29-10, 17:59
Yeah, I saw the chart. Still thought the Noveske was a good one to go with. On top of that, got a free lower to boot.

As far as Colts go, I have no experience with their AR's as this is my first. I do have a couple of 1911's and both are Colt's. Love em! Although, I did have to do a little work to each of them to bring them up to what I thought they should be.

Very nice choice in the Noveske! I thought about one, but am too cheap. I bought an LMT because it isn't a Colt. I didn't want to be another fanboy bragging about having the "best" AR. ;)

shootist~
01-29-10, 18:31
WoooHooo!!!!!

Based on my cosmetic freebie: If you look very closely - in good light, you will probably see some light peen marks on the port side under the finish. Otherwise pristine, indicating superb QC on Noveske's part. The one I received a week ago is now working flawlessly with an N4 Light Reece Basic upper from earilier in the month.

Along with a Geissele DMR trigger and Omega rail a it's clearly the nicest (and thus far most reliable) A/R I'm likely to ever own. (I have a couple of Colts from the 90s, btw, and don't plan to knock them.)

jmaxiom
01-29-10, 19:19
I'm rofling right now at the 6933 guy coming in here with Colt kool-aid all over his mouth. Why?

Like LaVista said, Noveske barrels will last substantially longer, it's simple physics -- their barrels are CHF and lined with extra-thick chrome. The Noveske is warrantied for life. The Noveske comes with the best BUIS currently made. The Colt has none of the above.

Oh so why doesn't the big bad army use Noveske? Because they can't afford it. Am I trying to start an argument here? Absolutely not, I'm...

A) defending slickrick on his excellent purchase and

B) preventing any argument from being able to get its foot in the door by presenting the facts first.

Enjoy your Noveske and take pics.

Kool Aid
01-30-10, 09:47
Congratulations on the Noveske. This site is a tremendous resource for guys like us. Having just jumped in with both feet myself by buying a 6920, I keep referring to "the chart" to chase off any hint of buyer's remorse.

ColdDeadHands
01-30-10, 19:42
congrats, you'll love it! we need pics!

gunner08
01-30-10, 20:37

i havn't posted here hardly ever... but!! i know ar's ,and the chart.. you can argue over a couple of couple dollar parts.. but noveske, bcm and even dd are better than colt, colt doesn't care about nothing but producing ALOT of guns. colt WILL last a lifetime..... BUT they are NOT the best, or even CLOSE to NOVESKE or bcm or even a dd. all the fundamentals of a ar aside(reliabilty,fit , finish)which all the mentioned guns have,,(ecept the colt) (colt WILL send out guns with nicked scrached recievers...) ,but the othersd espicially noveske WILL NOT. COLT MAKES A RELIABLE GUN... but there ARE BETTER guns now, so I WOULD TAKE A NOVESKE OVER A COLT ANY DAY,or a BCM OR A DD OR A LMT FOR THAT MATTER..............
JUST MY .0005 CENTS

Irish
01-30-10, 20:41
i havn't posted here hardly ever... but!! i know ar's ,and the chart.. you can argue over a couple of couple dollar parts.. but noveske, bcm and even dd are better than colt, colt doesn't care about nothing but producing ALOT of guns. colt WILL last a lifetime..... BUT they are NOT the best, or even CLOSE to NOVESKE or bcm or even a dd. all the fundamentals of a ar aside(reliabilty,fit , finish)which all the mentioned guns have,,(ecept the colt) (colt WILL send out guns with nicked scrached recievers...) ,but the othersd espicially noveske WILL NOT. COLT MAKES A RELIABLE GUN... but there ARE BETTER guns now, so I WOULD TAKE A NOVESKE OVER A COLT ANY DAY,or a BCM OR A DD OR A LMT FOR THAT MATTER..............
JUST MY .0005 CENTS

Lay off the sauce while surfing M4C :p

gunner08
01-30-10, 20:48
Lay off the sauce while surfing M4C :p

lay off the sauce, WHY.. im just saying what I think.

gunner08
01-30-10, 20:52
ALOS CONGRATS ON THE NOVESKE

newguy
01-30-10, 22:24
lay off the sauce, WHY.. im just saying what I think.

opinons are like assholes every one has one but yours stinks

slickrick0999
01-30-10, 22:28
first the happy black box pic....
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n104/slickpics/BOX.jpg

Next, a couple others....
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n104/slickpics/Front.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n104/slickpics/Rear.jpg

The great thing, I got another lower too! :cool:

ColdDeadHands
01-30-10, 23:35
Nice! I think I'm about to bite the bullet...I might order me a Light Reece Upper.

MSP "Sarge"
01-31-10, 14:08
Enjoy you purchase. Man wish I had the extra cake right to to get one.

slickrick0999
02-17-10, 18:07
OK guys, work has been crazy! I still have not had time to get to the range but with the overtime I have been working I have got a few add ons. I got an EOTech XPS3-2 last week. I really like the sight so far. I have ordered a Larue mount for it my thinking is I will like the lower co-witness in the window.

Still looking at single point slings. Man there are a lot of different options out there!

After that, I am going to be purchasing about 1000 rounds of surplus 5.56.

Any input on either of those would be appreciated. My chamber is for 5.56 so I figured I could get away with some surplus ammo.

Also, got a chance to watch a Magpul Tactical Carbine DVD. Man that looks like a blast! Hopefully I will be able to take a class soon as well.

Thanks for the help!

Endless
02-17-10, 22:32
JUST MY .0005 CENTS

I agree with you. I have owned Colts and they are by far not the best AR15s regardless of what that chart shows. Daniel Defense and Noveske are great guns and the quality alone surpasses the Colt. Thats a fact.

I have a Daniel Defense M4 Carbine, Bushmaster XM15 A2, Colt LE6920 (sold it) with some nice additions but I am going to pick up the KRISS Super-V System .45 ACP CRB/S0 Carbine with all the bells and whistles.. Dying to try that system out next.

Go with what you want, not with what others think or want.

slickrick0999
02-22-10, 18:01
Just got my Larue Mount & XPS EOTech mounted. Also got the MagPul enhanced trigger guard installed as well!