PDA

View Full Version : Packing an Eagle Med Pouch

Submariner
01-22-10, 10:48
I have an Eagle Med Pouch on its way from a board member. As much as I would like to standardize, pouch choice is driven by availability of quality used gear at good prices.

As with the other thread, how and with what are you packing your Eagle Med Pouch?

Pictures would be nice. :)

Rogue7a
01-25-10, 21:58
I have an Eagle Med Pouch on its way from a board member. As much as I would like to standardize, pouch choice is driven by availability of quality used gear at good prices.

As with the other thread, how and with what are you packing your Eagle Med Pouch?

Pictures would be nice. :)

Quik Clot Combat Guaze x 2
CAT X 1
NAR Emergency Trauma Dressing x 1
NPA #28 French x1
NAR Needleless Saline Lock Kit x 1
NAR Raptor x 1
NAR Boa x 1
NAR Rolled Gauze x1
NAR ARS Needle Decompression x 2
NAR Hyfin Chest Seal x 2
OB Tampon x 2

Submariner
01-26-10, 10:02
Rogue7a-Thanks.

Which items go behind the two horizontal elastic loops on the side next to your body?

How do you use the vertical elastic straps on the fold-down helf? They look as if they are deigned for four-inch ACE bandages and four-inch kerlix rolls.

MIKE G
01-26-10, 10:39
Sub,

If you get a chance to shoot a pic and post I would appreciate it. I sold my eagle pouch a while ago and memory is a little fuzzy on layout.

Rogue7a
01-26-10, 12:01
Rogue7a-Thanks.

Which items go behind the two horizontal elastic loops on the side next to your body?

How do you use the vertical elastic straps on the fold-down helf? They look as if they are deigned for four-inch ACE bandages and four-inch kerlix rolls.

I don't use those, except to hold the NPA and CAT and then make seperate bleeder and vascular access bags that I mark with pre colored tape. Let's me grab what I need out of a casualty's kit quickly. I like the old Eagle Bag better than the SO Tech one we get issued as it takes up less room. Plus you're issued 3 per SFLCS and if you use the zip loc bag concept, it let's the user transfer the contents between rigs easier.

Submariner
01-27-10, 10:16
I don't use those, except to hold the NPA and CAT and then make seperate bleeder and vascular access bags that I mark with pre colored tape. Let's me grab what I need out of a casualty's kit quickly... and if you use the zip loc bag concept, it let's the user transfer the contents between rigs easier.

What is in your bleeder bag? Vascular bag? What size zip loc do you use?

Sub,

If you get a chance to shoot a pic and post I would appreciate it. I sold my eagle pouch a while ago and memory is a little fuzzy on layout.

Here ya go. I put the TK-4 and PriMed with the IBD because they just don't fit well on the bottom loops

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/DasBoot56/Med002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/DasBoot56/Med003.jpg

IBD w/slider; NPA w/lube and prep pads; catheter, all wrapped in three strips of white Scotch duct tape
TK-4
PriMed
Two safety pins

Bottom

Tape roll and two sets of gloves
Two 3-inch Kling gauze bandages
One 3-inch wrap (4-inch would fit)

MIKE G
01-28-10, 15:47
Email sent, you are not too far off from a solid setup and I dont see any real issue with what you have. I know you had mentioned wanted to standardize things to the OLAES you picked up and I think there is plenty of space for the OLAES to fit where the Izzy is now.

Submariner
01-28-10, 19:31
Thanks, Mike.:D

Here is what he suggested:

I would use a OLAES 6 in place of the Izzy and I prefer the control wraps to a standard ace wrap. If it were me starting with that pouch empty I would go with:

OLAES 6
Nasal
Deco
Primed Gauze
TK-4
Small control wrap x2 (Yes, the small is 4".)
small roll duct tape
gloves x 2

Since the OLAES has packing material in it you can use the primed gauze with one of the control wraps.

Your other option is to go with 1 control wrap and 1 hemostatic gauze (celox or quickclot).

Here's how it ended up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/DasBoot56/Med.jpg

Vest Side
6" Olaes; NPA w/lube and prep pads; catheter, and Two safety pins
TK-4
PriMed (2)

Bottom

Tape roll and two sets of gloves
Two 4-inch ACE (will replace with TEMS Wrap from Mike G)
QC Combat Gauze in pocket