PDA

View Full Version : Just shot off an email for estimate on Dynamic multicam transfer.

fivepointoh
03-28-07, 09:22
Yep that's right, I sent an email to Dynamic Finishes on a price estimate for my M4gery. I'm saving the cash now b/c it won't be cheap but I've yet to see a weapon w/ their MC finish. I've only seen the brain bucket that MM has a review on his site about. I'm wanting to have everything dipped as in rail covers, Aimpoint and all.... Basically I asked them the price for everything, how to ship, how to prepare (to keep price down, as I'm assuming it'll be cheaper if I strip the Krylon off my furniture), etc. I'll update once I get a reply.

What can I say...I'm an MC whore :p

Here's said rifle that I want to have finished.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n226/muhtalicbloo/DSC01253.jpg

FlyAndFight
03-28-07, 16:20
I'm looking forward to your posts. I saw a pic of one in ACU and it looked pretty sharp. Not sure if I have the guts to do it, though... ;)

fivepointoh
03-28-07, 16:23
Ya I'm kinda nervous about it but I think it'll look good once it's all said and done. Definitely not looking fwd to a 4-6 week wait though. They've yet to email me back and being that it's almost too late now I may just call them tomorrow.

SuicideHz
03-28-07, 17:55
Multicam will look nice. At first I was thinking it was MARPAT and was gonna say it seems too harsh.

I just remembered that rifle from the previous shot show that was done in MC. Nice!

fivepointoh
03-28-07, 18:57
Glad I'm not the only one that thinks so. I'm honestly surprised there haven't been more done out there but it is somewhat expensive...I already know it's gonna be at least $200 or so....but it is my baby....this is my hobby...and therefore extra money goes towards it.

I don't think I ever saw any SHOT pix of a MC rifle. I'd love to see'm if you can point me in the right direction.

fivepointoh
03-28-07, 19:17
n/m I just found them

....was this from '05 SHOT?

http://www.defensereview.com/1_31_2004/Crye%20Precision%20MultiCam%20LMT%20MRP-QCBS_1.jpg

http://www.defensereview.com/1_31_2004/Crye%20Precision%20MultiCam%20LMT%20MRP-QCBS_2.jpg

-Wes-
03-28-07, 20:52
Yes, '05 Shot show. I believe this one was painted though, not water transfered.

I'm building a KISS carbine that's going to be sent off to Dynamic. Just waiting on a couple more parts. I'll be sure to post it once complete as well.

fivepointoh
03-28-07, 21:16
Wes thanks for the clarification. I figured this rifle was painted and not water transferred b/c it definitely has some distinctions between the two. Can't wait so see pix of yours when it's done.

SuicideHz
03-28-07, 21:24
wes- so is $200 an accurate number? seems like it would be more.

and yes, that looks like LCW DC. looks like shit too in that lighting.

will look better transferred.

fivepointoh
03-28-07, 22:10
Hey Joseph....I was just shooting that $200 figure off as a guestimate on the fact that I'm sure it'll be no less than $200 and I agree that it will probably be more...especially w/ all the crap I want to have dipped.

But what's the point of doing just the rifle and not the accessories when they'll just cover up the finish anyways :D .

Wes is going the ideal route w/ a KISS setup...probably keep the cost down. Not sure if you said this before but what design are you going w/?

Impact
03-28-07, 22:29
I'm thinking it might be double that...$400 ball park for the whole AR

fivepointoh
03-28-07, 22:31
Impact...you very well could be right. They haven't got back to me through email and therefore I'm calling tomorrow. Should have an update by early afternoon.

SuicideHz
03-29-07, 07:07
Oh, I'm not going with any design or dipping for that matter. I went down the whole "color my rifle" with Duracoat a few times over and Black is sexy and good enough for me.

I'm not knocking anything or saying anything about the price.

I wish I could afford a few more rifles. At least one iteration would be tan again...

fivepointoh
03-29-07, 14:14
Bwahahaha...maybe when I win the lotto....

Wes or whoever said in the $400 range was right.

$300 for the starting price of AR's

$60 for my Aimpoint

$20 for my Aimpoint Mount

And that's when I stopped asking how much....

Not to mention the time is now 6-8 weeks. They apparently have to send it to a their gunsmith for disassembly and then 5-6 weeks for the transfer process and then another 3-4 days for reassembly....not including the shipping time.

Eh....maybe when I have money to blow...which will be neverrrrrrr.

So there ya have it if anyone is interested.

If you want a more accurate estimate just call 417-624-0281 to find out as that will take you directly to the person you need to talk to.

SuicideHz
03-29-07, 20:30
:eek:

Good luck to them. I suppose there are those guys who just have to have it done.

Will it peel?

fivepointoh
03-29-07, 22:16
Well I have heard it's durable but not park durable. I'm guessing along the same lines as Norrells or Duracoat. Ya I really don't understand how optics can cost half as much as the rifle and by the time I did the other accessories it would be just as much as the plain jane rifle.

Time to break out the krylon some more.

:D

Impact
03-30-07, 01:05
One word

Krylon...

you'll be happy.

fivepointoh
03-30-07, 01:24
Yep...I've used Krylon before but just not on a whole rifle. I did do the frame of my Glock about 8 months ago however and it's held up great. I think the way the texture is on the frame that it's helped.