PDA

View Full Version : FN PS90 SBR

bigthunder223
01-24-10, 13:11
Does anyone have an FN PS90 with a 10" barrel. Is it worth doing? Any thoughts?

Neckbreaker
01-25-10, 12:23
Does anyone have an FN PS90 with a 10" barrel. Is it worth doing? Any thoughts?

I have one and it was worth the $200 stamp. An SBR'd PS90 is very compact and handy. If I had to do it all over again, I would have waited for the triple railed version to come out and then SBR'd that and then added a Micro Aimpoint.

Stephen_H
01-27-10, 08:46
I have one as well. I used a CMMG 1/7 barrel for the conversion and with the proper tools it was very easy to do. The hardest part was the 6 month wait for the stamp. As Neckbreaker mentioned, it is extremely compact and well balanced and a lot of fun to shoot. I used a Gemtech P90 BiLock and run my G5 can on it. I also swapped out the factory white reticle sight for the black reticle version.

Stephen

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/stephen_101st/Gear/PS90-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/stephen_101st/Gear/PS90-3.jpg

Zhurdan
01-27-10, 09:06
I've got one. Love it. It's a lot of fun to shoot and is a squeaky killin' son of a gun! I found the conversion easy to do once I had the right tools. Shaving down the wrench is tedious, but absolutely necessary for proper installation. Here's mine. I dropped the laser, it was just for the picture. Oh, and waiting for paperwork was the hardest part by far!

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r127/Zhurdan/P90-01.jpg

motoduck
01-27-10, 11:00
I love mine. I wish I would have SBRed the railed version instead of the standard version. I hate the stock white sight. I added a LED light (purchased from a FN board member making them) to help the stock sight and it is an improvement. I recently ordered a Troy rail system and plan on using it to add a T-1 and a light. It is a great shooter. Replaced the stock barrel with a original P90 barrel (very easy to do). I like to shoot it supressed and my AAC M4200 works well on it. I have even been tempted to use it in my "ToGo" bag (very compact, concellable and so far reliable) But I have had a Colt SBR in that roll for some time and have much more trigger time on that platform.

ST911
01-27-10, 11:03
I have one as well. I used a CMMG 1/7 barrel for the conversion and with the proper tools it was very easy to do. The hardest part was the 6 month wait for the stamp. As Neckbreaker mentioned, it is extremely compact and well balanced and a lot of fun to shoot. I used a Gemtech P90 BiLock and run my G5 can on it. I also swapped out the factory white reticle sight for the black reticle version.

Stephen- What sling adapater/mount is that?

Stephen_H
01-27-10, 13:38
Stephen- What sling adapater/mount is that?

The sling is our standard VCAS run as a single point and the harness is something I sewed up myself.

Stephen

decodeddiesel
02-03-10, 13:51
My buddy at work has one and I have fired a few hundred round out of it.

Honestly I greatly prefer my 10.5" MK18 clone, as does my buddy. However I suppose if you already had an AR15 SBR then one of these might be cool. I really can't stand the PS90s with the non-NFA barrel.

Power 223
02-10-10, 10:09
The sling is our standard VCAS run as a single point and the harness is something I sewed up myself.

Stephen

Nice job on the harness since you do it yourself!!;)

Rated21R
02-10-10, 10:25
always been a fan. cool stuff.