PDA

View Full Version : Botach H-1 mount

sabretom
01-24-10, 13:15
Anybody know anything about this optic mount? They're running a package deal with the Aimpoint H-1 thats about $100 less than Larue. I'm a Larue fan, but hey.

PRGGodfather
01-24-10, 14:41
You can get the H1 AND Larue tall 660 mount for $542 SHIPPED from here:

http://www.smartgunner.com/MicroH1.aspx

BufordTJustice
01-24-10, 14:57
I'm w/ the OP. I wanna know if anybody knows of the quality of the KZ mount. $470 for the H1 WITH the mount....that's a LOT cheaper than anybody else if the mount is of decent quality.

organdonor
01-24-10, 15:15
i know that botach's customer service and shipping departments suck.

sabretom
01-24-10, 15:26
Good to know, thanks.

I'd sure like to hear from a user.

Army Chief
01-24-10, 15:47
i know that botach's customer service and shipping departments suck.

A gross oversimplification at best. Some have had very good experiences, Some have had bad. Most have had a mixed bag, but if you call to confirm that the item is in stock prior to ordering, you will generally have no troubles at all with Botach. They seem to be working hard to overcome the spotty reputation, so I wouldn't rule them out entirely if the price was right.

AC

KellyTTE
01-24-10, 15:50
I'm w/ the OP. I wanna know if anybody knows of the quality of the KZ mount. $470 for the H1 WITH the mount....that's a LOT cheaper than anybody else if the mount is of decent quality.

The Botach is a KZ (Klez Zion?) mount. Wife runs one on her duty rifle and it's been rock solid for over a year now.

http://www.ttellc.net/tmgqaqd.htm

organdonor
01-24-10, 16:10
A gross oversimplification at best. Some have had very good experiences, Some have had bad. Most have had a mixed bag, but if you call to confirm that the item is in stock prior to ordering, you will generally have no troubles at all with Botach. They seem to be working hard to overcome the spotty reputation, so I wouldn't rule them out entirely if the price was right.

AC
You may be right about them trying to overcome their poor reputation but I have a fresh example of their lackluster service on mind at the moment. I got a "package shipped" email on the 13th, shipped ups ground, so I waited... and waited... come to find out that it didn't leave their warehouse until a week after I got the email and that's only after I contacted them to find out what was going on(I received no response to my email, had to track the package -- that's the only reason I have any idea that the problem has been rectified. Very poor customer service). It's coming up on two weeks now and I still haven't received the package. Ridiculous.

Jay Cunningham
01-24-10, 16:14
The Botach is a KZ (Klez Zion?) mount. Wife runs one on her duty rifle and it's been rock solid for over a year now.

http://www.ttellc.net/tmgqaqd.htm

Thanks for actually answering the OPs question with first-hand experience!

KellyTTE
01-24-10, 16:17
Thanks for actually answering the OPs question with first-hand experience!

Sure thing.

sabretom
01-24-10, 16:18
Super link kelly, thanks much. Now if I can get over this customer service hurdle.

organdonor
01-24-10, 16:28
Super link kelly, thanks much. Now if I can get over this customer service hurdle.Like AC, I've heard a mixed bag of stories. The fact is it sometimes only takes one bad transaction to sour someone's opinion of a company... it's even easier to sour that opinion when the company's reputation is already in the dumps and especially when it happens to you. Good luck.

lawusmc0844
01-24-10, 21:15
You may be right about them trying to overcome their poor reputation but I have a fresh example of their lackluster service on mind at the moment. I got a "package shipped" email on the 13th, shipped ups ground, so I waited... and waited... come to find out that it didn't leave their warehouse until a week after I got the email and that's only after I contacted them to find out what was going on(I received no response to my email, had to track the package -- that's the only reason I have any idea that the problem has been rectified. Very poor customer service). It's coming up on two weeks now and I still haven't received the package. Ridiculous.

Botach has a CS rep, Dan, posting here here now. It sucks your order still hasn't come yet but I think talking to him MAY help.

I've avoided Botach just from reputation but I did have good luck with a small order last year, and Dan is inspiring some more confidence...

uwe1
01-24-10, 22:35
I have the KZ H1 mount and it has been rock solid for over 1000 rounds. It doesn't have the amazing engineering of the LaRue mount or the sleekness of the DD H1/T1 mount, but I feel that it has been a fairly decent value. Keep in mind that it is NOT a QD mount. The attachment method is a fairly large wing nut knob on a hex bolt.

According to the website posted by KellyTTE it was a true co-witness, but I have found mine to be more of a lower 1/3.

I posted on another thread about this, but I believe that the KZ mount is the same one sold by makosecurity.com. I spoke to the head customer service rep at Mako and he confirmed that they and Botach both get many of their items from the same supplier in Israel. The KZ version is was only about $45-50 when they were running their 15% stimulus discount. For what Mako is charging, I would definitely choose a LaRue or DD mount.